Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Paula,
This is the only software I know of that will burn the .mod files from the Everio. It is frustrating, I know, but like anything else you just have to get used to change.....in this case using Cyberlink software. It really is great stuff, especially the PowerDirector5 premium.

Good Luck,

Tony
Raul,
The EXTMOV folder has no video in it so you dont have to worry about that. You dont have to drag the entire SDVIDEO folder over to your PC. Click on the SDVIDEO folder to open it and just drag the PRG001 folder to your PC. This should contain all your video (.mod) files plus some small (1kb) .moi files, dont worry about those. Once they are on your computer (note the exact location) open up PDexpress, go to the folder (PRG001)containing the individual video files and pick one of the .mod files (at this point it will probably have the PowerDVD icon on it). When you click on the one file it should put it in your editing library.

If you were dragging the entire SDVIDEO folder over that might have been the problem.

Hope this helps,

Tony
Raul,
Once the vid files are on your computer open up PD express. Once you are at the interface page (this is the first page that comes up when you double click the PD express icon) there is a small folder icon just below the Capture tab, click on it.

This will give you a small drop down menu with the choices to load media file or load media folder. Pick a file (video) and it should appear in the library or work space.

Good Luck,

Tony

PS: After you have uploaded them from your camcorder to your PC, can you open the files to view them with Windows or RealPlayer or whatever program you have?
Hi Lindsay,
Dafydd, thought maybe I could help.

I have the same Everio that you have (GZ-MG30) I got it from Costco back in May of 06. I didn't start fooling around with the PD software that came with it until recently. I stumbled around for a while and finally got it figured out with help from Dafydd.

If you want to shoot me questions anytime please feel free to. I would not mind sharing my limited knowledge of the software. I did alot of trial and error so maybe I can cut some of your error short. I also have the same version 3.2.

One thing I can say right now is I would wait and see what the software you have can do because it might be more then enough. After a short period I have already decided to upgrade the premium version, maybe even another brand altogether, but I'm pretty happy with the Cyberlink stuff.

Best Regards,
Tony
Dafydd,

It's 11:40pm over here but I finally figured this out and wanted to let you know so you could pass it on if it happens to anyone else.

The whole thing was caused because I have 2 hard drives on my PC. When I transfered video from the camera to the PC I was storing it in one hard drive (the one that did not hold the PD software) and after production it was saving the file on the same hard drive that PD express is on.

Bingo! Normally this shouldnt be a problem but I guess my processer cant keep up with the video being on one drive and the software being on another.

In the future I will just drag the video I want to work with to the same hard drive as the software or move the software to the other drive. Already tried it and it solved the problem!

Thanks again for all the help!

Tony
By the way, after I have dowloaded the video from my camcorder to my PC it plays great on Power DVD or Windows or whatever. It's just when it get's to PD express for editing that it starts slowing everthing down, but once it gets produced, bingo it plays fine in PD express now?

I don't want to beat a dead horse with this so I will leave it at that. Thanks again for all your help, I know you are tired so I will let you go. I reall appreciate all the help!

Tony
Plenty of ram and the PC is working perfectly, it's just that playback during editingthat sucks, once it's been produced all is well.....? Do you think tech support at Cyberlink would know?
I use the word 'jumpy' to describe the play back, but I do notice that the computer is running very slowly during the play or editing as indicated by the mouse cursor's slow movement
Dafydd,

I have tried both ways. If the video is still on the camera's hard drive it plays back smooth....

If I transfer it to my PC's hard drive as I should it plays back terrible during editing? I don't get it?
You explained it very well, thank you.
I believe PD5 premium is what i need.
Please check my other post in Power Director after you have got some sleep

One more issue i need to resolve

Thanks again, really

Tony
Hello,

I have PD Express v. 3.2 that came with my JVC Everio camcorder. It's alot of fun and I have made a few movies so far. My problem is that when I open PD Express and load files into the library for editing those files play back really jumpy, both audio and video in the playback screen on the right during editing. It makes it really difficult to see exactly how it is going to come out after the time consuming process of producing.

But....

It plays back smooth and normal after I have used the produce tab to produce the movie or if I still have the actual JVC camcorder plugged to the USB.

Any help would be great, Thanks

Tony

Hello,

I was goiong to post the exact same question as biscantou did above. I read your reply above and wasn't clear on it. Are you saying that PD4 Express (i have the version that came with the JVC Everio as well) does not have the capability to edit the sound in individual clips without effecting the whole movie? If this is so does the PD5 premium version have the capability to do this?

Thanks for your help,
Tony

PS: Hope this comes out right, it is my first posting in a forum.
Go to: