Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 3.2 express, clip playback is jumpy
Tony [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2007 12:12 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I have PD Express v. 3.2 that came with my JVC Everio camcorder. It's alot of fun and I have made a few movies so far. My problem is that when I open PD Express and load files into the library for editing those files play back really jumpy, both audio and video in the playback screen on the right during editing. It makes it really difficult to see exactly how it is going to come out after the time consuming process of producing.

But....

It plays back smooth and normal after I have used the produce tab to produce the movie or if I still have the actual JVC camcorder plugged to the USB.

Any help would be great, Thanks

Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 06. 2007 13:31

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello,
I have PD Express v. 3.2 that came with my JVC Everio camcorder. It's alot of fun and I have made a few movies so far. My problem is that when I open PD Express and load files into the library for editing those files play back really jumpy, both audio and video in the playback screen on the right during editing. It makes it really difficult to see exactly how it is going to come out after the time consuming process of producing.
But....
It plays back smooth and normal after I have used the produce tab to produce the movie or if I still have the actual JVC camcorder plugged to the USB.
Any help would be great, Thanks
Tony

Tony,
Are these videos still on the Hard Drive of your camera or have you (as you should) transfered them to your PC's Hard Drive?

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 06. 2007 13:38

Tony [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,

I have tried both ways. If the video is still on the camera's hard drive it plays back smooth....

If I transfer it to my PC's hard drive as I should it plays back terrible during editing? I don't get it?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm also wondering about your PC's capability...sufficient Ram and CPU size.

I'm wondering about the HD's capability also and the connections within your computer. I don't think it's the graphics card....I'm just guessing.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 06. 2007 13:39

Tony [Avatar]
[Post New]
I use the word 'jumpy' to describe the play back, but I do notice that the computer is running very slowly during the play or editing as indicated by the mouse cursor's slow movement
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tony,

I edited my posting in between your posting...so maybe you can read it and see what else i added.

Looks like your computer is "struggling". PD is a greedy program as are all video editor software...so you need to check your PC's spec and up it a little.

Dafydd
Tony [Avatar]
[Post New]
Plenty of ram and the PC is working perfectly, it's just that playback during editingthat sucks, once it's been produced all is well.....? Do you think tech support at Cyberlink would know?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 06. 2007 13:50

Tony [Avatar]
[Post New]
By the way, after I have dowloaded the video from my camcorder to my PC it plays great on Power DVD or Windows or whatever. It's just when it get's to PD express for editing that it starts slowing everthing down, but once it gets produced, bingo it plays fine in PD express now?

I don't want to beat a dead horse with this so I will leave it at that. Thanks again for all your help, I know you are tired so I will let you go. I reall appreciate all the help!

Tony
Tony [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,

It's 11:40pm over here but I finally figured this out and wanted to let you know so you could pass it on if it happens to anyone else.

The whole thing was caused because I have 2 hard drives on my PC. When I transfered video from the camera to the PC I was storing it in one hard drive (the one that did not hold the PD software) and after production it was saving the file on the same hard drive that PD express is on.

Bingo! Normally this shouldnt be a problem but I guess my processer cant keep up with the video being on one drive and the software being on another.

In the future I will just drag the video I want to work with to the same hard drive as the software or move the software to the other drive. Already tried it and it solved the problem!

Thanks again for all the help!

Tony