Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Does PowerProducer 3 suck?
Paula [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2007 22:07 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
A brief reading of other posts seem to indicate that it does? I'm trying to burn a movie from our JVC Everio Hard Disk Camcorder and I need to do it fast. Are there other programs out there that work with this Camcorder? Help!!!!
Paula [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2007 22:07 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I should have said "Does PowerDirector 3 suck?"
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Are you talking about Power Director or Power Producer

Regards Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 12. 2007 06:20

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Tony [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2007 12:12 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Paula,
This is the only software I know of that will burn the .mod files from the Everio. It is frustrating, I know, but like anything else you just have to get used to change.....in this case using Cyberlink software. It really is great stuff, especially the PowerDirector5 premium.

Good Luck,

Tony
Gary [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 09, 2006 08:09 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Paula, as the new owner of a JVC Everio hard-drive camcorder myself, I used the PD3 that came with the camera and was amazed at how short amount of time I was able to import the video, edit it and burn it to a dvd. I have Pinnacle Studio 10 which takes forever to load up plus it would constantly freeze up on me, so it was refreshing to find that PD3 didn't take alot of my time. I've since purchased the upgrade PD5 and use it extensively. The other reason I chose to upgrade to PD5 was the incredible technical support I've received. No sooner had I posted a problem on the forum that I got a quick response which so far all issues I've encountered have been resolved within 24 hours or less.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 13. 2007 20:44

JENNIFER [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Southern California Joined: Jan 03, 2007 23:58 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I find the PD5 to be the best software for what I like to do, and plan to do. What came with the camera was fine, but if you lose that disc, no other PD will recognize the mod. but the 5. Well worth the money I say!
Good luck! having 4 kids is similar to be