Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Change level of sound for individual clips
biscantou [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 24, 2006 05:37 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I recently bought a JVC Everio hard drive camera and it was packaged with the Cyberlink product PowerDirector Express. All works fine. When i put my clips together in the timeline i cann't change the level of the sound for each clip only for the whole movie. What do i wrong?
Please help John

P.S Sorry for my English. I am Dutch.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I've just played with PDr4Express - a quick look at the prog to refresh the brain cell!

In PDr5Premium the audio level is easy to alter in the timeline. This isn't the case with PD4Express.

The Express version has limitations. Get the full version program - editing audio levels are important and you'll notice the difference.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 01. 2006 06:27

Tony [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2007 12:12 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I was goiong to post the exact same question as biscantou did above. I read your reply above and wasn't clear on it. Are you saying that PD4 Express (i have the version that came with the JVC Everio as well) does not have the capability to edit the sound in individual clips without effecting the whole movie? If this is so does the PD5 premium version have the capability to do this?

Thanks for your help,
Tony

PS: Hope this comes out right, it is my first posting in a forum.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello,
I was goiong to post the exact same question as biscantou did above. I read your reply above and wasn't clear on it. Are you saying that PD4 Express (i have the version that came with the JVC Everio as well) does not have the capability to edit the sound in individual clips without effecting the whole movie? If this is so does the PD5 premium version have the capability to do this?
Thanks for your help,
Tony
PS: Hope this comes out right, it is my first posting in a forum.

Hi Tony,

I saw your "other post" just a few minutes ago and deleted it...what were all those "11111" for?

You've specifically asked about Audio time-line editing.

In PowerDirector Express - I've now got version 5 of this product on my system. The audio level of adjustment in the Express version is for the whole of the time-line being adjusted. Basically quieter or louder.

In PowerDirector 5 Premium...each clip and segmented clip can be altered to individually designed peaks and toughs within each clip on audio. Basically you can have part of a clip loud and louder still and have a quiet spot as well all within one small clip. A large clip can be edited in this way OR you can divide a large clip to have slider control over each small clip.

Basically PDr5P is a lot better than the Express version.

PDr5P and JVC Er...whatever I'm aware are compatible.

I hope I explained that...it's late and I'm tired..............

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 06. 2007 13:15

Tony [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2007 12:12 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
You explained it very well, thank you.
I believe PD5 premium is what i need.
Please check my other post in Power Director after you have got some sleep

One more issue i need to resolve

Thanks again, really

Tony