Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Update ...

I downloaded and ran Driver Detective to be sure that all drivers are current. The software says they are, and the audio and video cards did not require any further updating.

I also downloaded (again) and installed the update for PD9. I cannot stop PD9 from "hiccupping" in both the audio and video during video preview or when I produce a video.

Any help at all?

Thanks,

Bill
My PD9 keeps giving me messages to update the program. So I did.

Since then, when creating videos, both the audio and the video "hesitate" when trying to preview the vid in progress. I processed the "hiccupping" video to see if it was just the preview. Nope, the problem carried on to the production as well.

I emailed service. After too long a while I got a response to send them a file which gave them the status of both my video and audio cards, among other things. Mind you, the PD9 worked fine (mostly) before I upgraded. Sometimes it would freeze, but I learned to save often, and simply re-opened the file and carried on. They said I should upgrade the vid and aud cards.

I did so.

The problem persists. I sent in another file showing the status of the cards. Tech service says my cares are not updated. So, I tried to update both again. In both cases the message came back saying that I was using the latest available???

So, I uninstalled my PD9, and reinstalled it.

That got rid of the "hesitation" in both audio and video on the preview.

But now, crap!!!!!, the program crashes every couple of minutes, I can't produce anything, and I'm stuck!

I also downloaded PD10, did a trial install, and the hesitation and hiccups occur in the preview too.

Any help out there??? Please???? I would like to upload a couple of screenshots I took of some of the error messages I get now. In particular, one says that the PDHanumanSCR.exe has encountered a problem. Now, all I get is the error message that PowerDirector has encountered a problem and needs to close, which it does.

Thanks,

Bill
Did you try getting to them via the support page? I was able to email yesterday, though, so far, have had no response.

Cheers,

Hi there...

I bought the program in March, just starting to use it regularly, updated the program last week, and now, imported media will play video and audio in the preview window, but once I have moved the media to the track, when I try to preview, only the audio plays.

Sure would appreciate any advice as my video editing is dead in the water.

Thanks,

Bill
Go to: