Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Boy, am I sorry I updated my Power Director 9
BILL5831 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Sep 07, 2011 16:51 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
My PD9 keeps giving me messages to update the program. So I did.

Since then, when creating videos, both the audio and the video "hesitate" when trying to preview the vid in progress. I processed the "hiccupping" video to see if it was just the preview. Nope, the problem carried on to the production as well.

I emailed service. After too long a while I got a response to send them a file which gave them the status of both my video and audio cards, among other things. Mind you, the PD9 worked fine (mostly) before I upgraded. Sometimes it would freeze, but I learned to save often, and simply re-opened the file and carried on. They said I should upgrade the vid and aud cards.

I did so.

The problem persists. I sent in another file showing the status of the cards. Tech service says my cares are not updated. So, I tried to update both again. In both cases the message came back saying that I was using the latest available???

So, I uninstalled my PD9, and reinstalled it.

That got rid of the "hesitation" in both audio and video on the preview.

But now, crap!!!!!, the program crashes every couple of minutes, I can't produce anything, and I'm stuck!

I also downloaded PD10, did a trial install, and the hesitation and hiccups occur in the preview too.

Any help out there??? Please???? I would like to upload a couple of screenshots I took of some of the error messages I get now. In particular, one says that the PDHanumanSCR.exe has encountered a problem. Now, all I get is the error message that PowerDirector has encountered a problem and needs to close, which it does.

Thanks,

Bill Bill
www.about-air-compressors.com
BILL5831 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Sep 07, 2011 16:51 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Update ...

I downloaded and ran Driver Detective to be sure that all drivers are current. The software says they are, and the audio and video cards did not require any further updating.

I also downloaded (again) and installed the update for PD9. I cannot stop PD9 from "hiccupping" in both the audio and video during video preview or when I produce a video.

Any help at all?

Thanks,

Bill Bill
www.about-air-compressors.com
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Bill,
the Windows driver finder is not the best way to find your driver situation.
Look at this link, then provide us with PART A & B.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
I had excellent performance from PD 8-9-10, although 8 and 9 did not please me till the final patches. I find 10 to be quite good now. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bill

After you have provided the info BarryTheCRab has asked for ensure the following:

1. The source video files are on your C drive

2. There are no other programs running in the background - Windows update - virus scan.

3. You have plenty of free space on your C drive.

4. If your computer has enough 'grunt' turn the shadow edit file setting OFF.

5. Ensure you you have the latest version of Quicktime installed

6. Ensure your video card drivers are up to date

All the best

P.S. Barry - PD10 might just be the best

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 03. 2012 23:40

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

[Post New]
I also upgraded earlier this week and had the same problem. After wanting to tear my hair out and after much googling I finally an answer on the web that fixed my problem. Best of all, it was surprisingly simple.

Go to Edit/Preferences then from the list on the left in the box that pops up choose Hardware Acceleration and take the check mark out of Enable Hardware Decoding. Now my vids are running smoothly. Hope your problem is as easily solved. Dustie
I'm still working on it....
JOHN NON TECHI [Avatar]
Newbie Location: S.WALES Joined: Nov 25, 2010 04:48 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Thankyou nightowl123,

That has solved my problem with PD9. I don`t have much hair to pull out so coming across your fix has saved me from complete baldness. After updating I encountered problems with PD9 being slow and hesitant on playback then message saying it had "encountered a problem and needs to close"
You solution, so simple, has fixed it for me.

THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU.......... JOHN NON TECHI

System bought this year so I knew I had plenty of power to cope with PD9. So a bit miffed when encountering problems.

DELL XPS8300
Intel core 7
8MB Memory
Graphics 1GB AMD Radeon HD6870
[Post New]
I'm so glad it worked for you too. Isn't it such a good feeling to see it all working as it should? ; Happy Videoing! Dustie
I'm still working on it....