Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
After I updated Windows from 8 to 8.1, the checkmarks to enable the HW acceleration no longer work. I also have the Intel 4000 and the nVidia 650M. Using the nVidia control panel, I always have PD11 set to use the nVidia video card.

I would like to know if this is an issue with nVidia or PD on Windows 8.1.
I wasn't sure if I had Crossfire or not. I don't. I am using a Samsung Core i7 (3rd Gen) laptop using the nVidia 650M GPU. There is also the built-in Intel HD graphics 4000 included on my laptop. I have PD11 set to always use the nVidia GPU. Drivers for both GPUs are completely up to date. Just for kicks, I tried to render the same video using the Intel GPU. It still crashed.

Other movies will render fine with HW acceleration and decoding turned on. So there is something quirky with this project that forces me to turn off the HW acceleration and decoding to get a full render.

As I said before, if CL is interested in probing this issue, I don't mind zipping up the project to send for analysis.
I've done a little more experimenting:

Crossfire DISABLED - HW Decoding & Acceleration ENABLED - works just fine but it only used the 2ndary GPU when producing. The primary GPU had almost no load on it and the 2ndary GPU didn't show much of a load: 510MHz (of a 910MHz max) and generally around 10-20% load

Crossfire ENABLED - HW Acceleration DISABLED - HW Decoding ENABLED - system still blacks out and freezes

Crossfire ENABLED - HW Acceleration and Decoding DISABLED - seems to work just fine. Producing doesn't take that much longer either, perhaps 10-15% longer.

I am so glad I found this message. While I cannot provide an answer to your problem; I disabled HW acceleration and decoding and finally got a project to get all the way through producing the MP4 file.

My project consisted of 8 MOV and 25 JPG files. I used the Magic Movie Wizard with the Extreme Sports preset to create the movie. Once I moved on to produce the movie as an MP4, PD11 constantly crashed within the first 20 seconds of the movie. Rendering the movie with HW acceleration and decoding turned off allowed PD11 to work; although my render speed was a little worse than real-time.

Hopefully CL monitors this forum and can trace the error. I would be happy to ZIP up my project and send it to someone if that helps.
Your explanation for the EQ only seems to be good for one track or segment. What if I want to process (for example: EQ or adjust dynamics) the entire mix. Is there a way to patch the processing on an output or master output channel so the entire mix gets processed?

As for the normalization, I am looking for simple normalization that will expand the audio's volume to 100% without affecting the overall dynamics. Is there a simple way to do that in AudioDirector?

I just purchased the DirectorSuite as I have been a big fan of PowerDirector for editing videos.
I have a couple questions:

1) Is there a way to add an effect like dynamic range control or EQ to the master output to produce?

2) Is there a way to do a simple normalize to an audio file?
I didn't realize that... Thank you!!

DirectX would be very welcome though. And the Normalize feature is the one I really want.
I came from Adobe PE 9 and was frustrated by the slow workflow. I tried PD9 and find it much easier to work with. The quality has been fantastic.

My two BIG requests for V10:

1) Audio Normalize via right click on a clip.
2) Audio DirectX and VST plugin support.
Go to: