Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio Processing Questions
[Post New]
I have a couple questions:

1) Is there a way to add an effect like dynamic range control or EQ to the master output to produce?

2) Is there a way to do a simple normalize to an audio file?
[Post New]
Hello Demodave,

Welcome to the ADR forum.

Under Adjustment module > Apply Effects, you'l see Equaliser where you can set the levels of points in the frequency range. Once you've set the levels, & previewed, hit Apply & the audio clip will be adjusted.

Beyond ADR's equaliser, there are VST plug-ins that can be imported. See https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24693.page#134343

Normalising is a term often confused/misused/applied in different ways. Do you mean setting the overall gain so the peak levels don't go over 0dB? or matching the average level with other tracks?

This might help clarify http://www.hometracked.com/2008/04/20/10-myths-about-normalization/

PIX
[Thumb - ADR_Equaliser.jpg]
 Filename
ADR_Equaliser.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
152 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1114 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 07. 2012 13:34

PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Your explanation for the EQ only seems to be good for one track or segment. What if I want to process (for example: EQ or adjust dynamics) the entire mix. Is there a way to patch the processing on an output or master output channel so the entire mix gets processed?

As for the normalization, I am looking for simple normalization that will expand the audio's volume to 100% without affecting the overall dynamics. Is there a simple way to do that in AudioDirector?

I just purchased the DirectorSuite as I have been a big fan of PowerDirector for editing videos.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 08. 2012 18:46

[Post New]
Hello Dave,

AudioDirector currently doesn't have a "master track", as such. Effects & adjustments are applied to single tracks, as you've correctly pointed out.

In the Mix Module, you can apply the same effect/adjustment to each track. Alternatively, after the mix is complete & produced to a complete audio file, the produced file could be imported for final tweaking.

True - that's just a workaround, but we have to work with what we have. Though a master track feature probably wouldn't be included in a patch, I'm sure that CL R&D would consider this for future versions.

Again, there is no "normalisation" feature built into ADR3. Of course, you can manually mix the level of each track prior to production.

Your questions are good ones and have been noted by CL representatives.

PIX

PIX YouTube channel