Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Do the lastest 310.70 geforce drivers fix the problem with cyberlink pd 10? I am so damned tired of sitting on 3.01 something...

Thank you,

Bob
I just received this response from Nvidia after pesting them for days:

Hi Robert,
Thanks for submitting your issue. We are aware of this driver bug and is currently in process of investigating. As soon as a fix is available, it'll be posted on our web site for download.
For the time being, please continue to use the driver that that does not have the problem. Our apology for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

_David
I rolled back to the 301 drivers and cyberlink power director works perfectly. How could NVIDIA do this to us? The screwed up the next set of production drivers - it's all over the internet - a monkey could find the problem with a google search. Then to even look more stupid and uncaring for their customers, they release yet another batch of drivers still ignoring the problem they created with the last set. So I sit here with old gaming drivers just so I can use power director 10 (boy am I glad you posted the 306.97 drivers fixed nothing - that saved me a lot of time, also thanks to this thread I was going to buy the upgrade to power director in hopes THEY fixed the problem and I read here the upgrade did nothing. That saved me a lot of money. At this rate I don't know if it will EVER get fixed, even though cyberlink power director is used by a lot of nvidia's customers.

I may have to buy the next generation radeon cards and put these 680's up on ebay. I will wait to see what they offer in their next cycle.

I do not like doing business with a company that completely ignores a bug that has been reported hundreds of time by their user base, and they just ignore it. They have become too big, too impersonal and too addicted to the bottom line. It's time to bail out ASAP
I sent a long bug report and attached the white paper to it - giving them the spot in the white paper to READ. Sheesh, these people don't read their own documents.......
There is a white paper paragraph about cyberlink power director. The white paper was the initial white paper for the 680's. It stated "sometime in the future...." the rendering for cyberlink would be fast again. It's on page 27 of the white paper, last paragraph. If someone can tell me how to post the white paper on here (pdf format), I will post it....

Bob
Same problem here. 2 GTX 680's - rendering in cyberlink power director 10 slower than rendering I had done in windows 98...........
I have Powerdvd 11 bd edition, whatever that means. I came with my Falcon MacH 5. I also have:

1) a blue ray reader/dvd player/writer drive.

2) An intel core 17 980x (hexacore) cpu.

3) Two NVIDIA gtx 680 video cards in SLI - each card has 4096 MB GDDR5 memory.

4) Up do date windows with every fix including SP1 on windows 7 home premium.

5) Anydvd -latest release.

6) my monitor is 1600x1200 although anydvd is supposed to take care of that (allows you to play blue ray on non 1080 p monitors).

When I start a blue ray DVD on my blue ray reader ,I get a quick unreadable message out of anydvd. It's so fast I cannot read it.

Power DVD at this point says I need to put software on for newer blue ray titles I get a yes or no question. Answering yes or no results in the same thing BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH. I can't read those things and I was hoping someone here could tell me what is wrong. Please help if you can......

Bob
I have an AVI video that is 2 hours 12 minutes and 48 seconds long. I want to use smartsound to play music in the bakground (these are 8mm home movies that were made into AVI files and have NO sound).

I am using power director 10, the latest release.

The problem is none of the smartsound music will allow me over 1 hour and a couple of minutes duration If I enter the length of my AVI file (a little over two hours, the duration field in power director goes back by itself to a few minutes over an hour. . In the instruction video, cyberlink gives us an example of a 14 SECOND clip, useless. I tried dragging a second 1 hour section down on the music timeline but one of two things happens:

1) When the sound reaches the end of the first sound clip, the movie ends and goes back to the beginning to be played again. Anything AFTER the first smartsound section (over ONE FULL HOUR OF VIDEO) never gets played and, for that matter, can not be accessed.

2) If I position the second smartsound section just right the movie will play until the end of the first smartsound section - then there is a period (10-20 seconds) of video with no music - then the second smartsound block on the timeline starts to play, but for about 30 seconds to 1 minute the video is frozen so you have this music playing the frozen video, not acceptable. I thought smart sound was supposed to determine the length of your video and fill it from beginning to end? How do I make it do that?

Neither of these behaviors MAKES ANY SENSE TO ME. Is there a way to get smartsound to allow me to enter the length of time for smart sound to fit my movie and bypass this little over 1 hour of smart sound I can use?

I do not want my movie, because of smart sound restrictions snapped backwards a little over an hour to the beginning; neither do I want my movie "frozen" in the middle for a minute when the second instance of smart sound starts. What is the proper way to put two smart sound blocks on the audio portion of the timeline so #1 and #2 above will not happen? I spent two full nights on this and I can't get it. Power Director fights me at every angle.

Not only that, but I get long hangs in power director when trying different things with smart sound, each little change can hang my Core i7 980x hexacore cpu powered PC to a crawl. It may not be the cpu is where the hang is, but thanks to the "hot keys" power director lays over windows, I cannot get to the resource monitor with the windows sequence I've always used.

Note I cannot apply any compression to the AVI file because these are 8mm films over 30 years old "ripped" to VHS and then fed into the computer as AVI files. They are hard enough to see so as it is (8mm looked so crappy in the first place) and any compression would make them pretty much unviewable - I've tried it with horrible visual results.... The current movie file I am working with is near 190 GB. PLease help me and direct me if you can. I would appreciate any help from the community that is available, as this is where I believe the experts are.

Thank You,

Bob
Sorry Freddy,

I worked with this for almost 3 days and figured out a solution. I never wrote anything to a folder. Never. I just picked up the mpg created in the produce stage and regurgitated it again on the timeline as ONE mpeg instead of 4 VOBS.

Nobody told me to do that, I thought it through. You see Freddy, I have brain cancer. So any achievement of that magnitude makes me feel like something other than s**t. I once was a computer programmer for a fortune 500 company - in charge of the operating system for the mainframe - called OS/390 at the time, now called Z/OS (unless they changed the name again)

At it's heart it will always be known as MVS because of the incredible support for legacy COBOL, FORTRAN, RPG and BAL language support. I once wrote programs over 10,000 lines of code. YOu wouldn't understand what happens when you get real sick like me. Friends are gone. Even a lot of family disappears. People don't want to deal with that "negative cancer guy in their nice, protected lives". I remind people they are dying and they don't want to be reminded of it.

So, if I come up with a solution, Freddy, that I worked out over 3 days (when I was well, I would have had it working in under 10 minutes) - I still feel a sense of accomplishment and usefulness (for my sister). I have the right to to remind myself and people I still can think and reason. I'm not in the dirt yet.

So, Fred, if you cannot understand that, I'm sorry. I just hope to see Christmas this year with my then 16 year old daughter. I told everybody in my family today I figured out how to get my sister's movie working. Everyone congratulated me because they know, as a man, I need that feeling of worth.

I only wish you could have known me in my prime. In the top 5% of mainframe systems programmers in this country.

I earned 6 figures. During Y2k I got offers from New York based companies for over 250 grand per year to jump ship and work for them.

I signed an agreement I would not leave my company for a huge bonus check.

Now, I sit in my mother's finished basement. My daughter comes down to see me sometimes. She has a life going on, so I don't expect her to hang out talking with me all the time. My wife left (and took everything I owned) when she realized the only future she had with me was going through a death march with me. We were married 12 years and had no marital problems until the cancer.

I was so angry about that too, but I cannot change my health. In a couple months I will be in one of those cancer wings enjoying the fellowship with other dying people.

I hope you never have to face any of this, Freddy. Give me a break for figuring out what was wrong. That was very special to me and at least told me, my brain is still worth two sh**s.

Bob
Note to all grasshoppers, this is how it must be done

1) Form your VOB chain on the timeline - make sure it is a movie not a clip

2) PRODUCE your .mpg file - use menus or not, this is a normal produce of the VOB chain above

3) Exit PD9 - do NOT save as a project.

4) Open PD9

5) Put the mpg file on the timeline - now it will only be ONE file, not a chain.

6) Skip directly to burn.

7) Burn your movie with no problems

Exit PD9, again do NOT save as a project

EDITED. DATA REMOVED.

PD9 should have processed the mpg file that was produced as output from the produce stage and input to the burn stage, but something is horribly broken in the code when it comes to using VOB files.

DRM had NOTHING to do with this. I don't know where you saw that in DXDIAG, but I would take a DXDIAG refresher course for coming to that conclusion
AHH Fredb grasshopper,

I run anydvd to blow off the drm. I have copied vob files this way before. What's so special about this error in these VOB files? Shall we try for two out of three?

Bob
djmorgan,

How do I burn my project to a DVD folder? I don't know how to do that. Thanks DJ!!!!

Bob
Fredb,

Here it is again, dxdiag, Can you see it? Also look up about 5 posts AFTER I posted dxdiag, and you told me to post it. PLEASE READ WHAT I AM SUPPLLYING, Fredb........!!!!!!!

Bob
here is dxdiag again

Bob
here is the dxdiag again....
look up 5 or 6 posts and you will see the dxdiag I posted. Please quit asking me to repost this. It's current, on my current machine. Also in that post is all my hardware laid out.

Thank You,

Bob
ONe last thing. I bought the movie fuel for my sister to use as a teaching aid when she goes back to school through the internet. The menu VOB was totally messed up (scratched) and I could not even use it.

I pulled the 4 vobs off that comprised the movie. I put them on the timeline, one after the other, sequentially in MOVIE mode.

I then produced the 4 VOBS and got my output MPEG 2 file. I then went to the burn phase. First I tested the movie to make sure it worked ok. I could watch the whole movie in the "test" phase before I burned it.

Then I went to the burn. I pressed "burn" and it started authoring. It seemed like when it went to the second VOB of the 4 VOB stream it blew up in AUTHORING. It never got to the burn stage (where the DVD is accessed), the problem is in AUTHORING.

I hope this information helps....

Bob
I will include the dxdiag in this post, however I do not think it will be helpful. All my drivers are up to date. I have 50 GB left on my system drive which is a crossair SSD. I also have a secondary drive with over 900 GB on it. My processor is an Intel Core I7 980x one of two hexecore processors Intel makes. With hyperthreading I get 12 cores. I have a Rampage III Extreme motherboard (x5.I have a LG CH08LS10 BD-ROM/DVD+-RW. I am using DVD -R media.

Remember folks, this is happening in the AUTHORING STAGE, IT DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO USE THE DVD, IT BLOWS UP AUTHORING.

I have an ASETEK cpu water cooler, I have 12 GB of CRUCIAL D3 PC3 -10600 1333 MHZ SYSTEM RAM. I also have a 12 GB swap file so that's 24 GB of virtual memory (much bigger than the movie!!!) The movie is about 4 GB and passed all stages, including produce and DVD preview.

This is a killer system folks. 12 threads. 64 bit windows operating system. The kind of system that should run this software without any problems.

I am attaching my DXDiAG to this post. Can somebody PlEASE help me? I paid 30 bucks for call in service. What I got from them was a 100 question questionaire with screen shots needed and a huge ftp transfer which their server cut off in the middle of the transfer.

The man on the phone could not speak English, he was an Indian with no English language skills whatsoever, another 29 bucks down the drain.

Look, I will PAY someone 50 bucks through paypal if you can help me figure out what to do. I have worked at this for 48 hours straight (almost) and I'm exhausted, depressed, and ready to throw in the towel with this software, just uninstall it (and lose the 100 bucks I paid for it) and try something else.

I would even appreciate if someone could tell me the BEST video software (like this) and I will pay for it.

Thank you all so much for your time and help.....

Bob

P.S. DXDIAG attached.
I am getting error after error in PD9. Completing a video is like going down to Hell.

I would like some opinions if nero has a better product. Or what is the BEST and most STABLE product out there.

If it is Nero, what product should I buy?

I'm posting errors in here nobody can answer (error codes generated by PD 9) just doing the simple burn phase.

I cannot finish this movie with PD9. I need something more polished and less error driven.

Please give me some ideas what to use. I'll wipe this buggy program off my hard drive, take the loss and move on to something that works...

thanks,

Bob
I have worked SO HARD on this project. SO HARD. Power Director 9 is shooting me at every step. Now it's the burn phase.

I've figured everything out thus far, even played a preview of the burn. Now I get this:

Burning Unsuccessful
Error Code eA000000A

Possible Cause(s)

AuthoringMgr could not do file file access for temporary files.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? PLEASE HELP, I WILL PAY MONEY TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME. I NEED THIS DESPERATELY FOR MY SISTER WHO IS A SCHOOL TEACHER AND SHE NEEDS THIS VIDEO TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL.

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG!!!!!!!!

BOB
Go to: