Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HEEELLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!! I cannot burn a DVD in the create disc phase!!!!!! I'VE WORKED SO HARD!!!!!!
bobbygr100@hotmail.com [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 04, 2011 10:12 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
I have worked SO HARD on this project. SO HARD. Power Director 9 is shooting me at every step. Now it's the burn phase.

I've figured everything out thus far, even played a preview of the burn. Now I get this:

Burning Unsuccessful
Error Code eA000000A

Possible Cause(s)

AuthoringMgr could not do file file access for temporary files.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? PLEASE HELP, I WILL PAY MONEY TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME. I NEED THIS DESPERATELY FOR MY SISTER WHO IS A SCHOOL TEACHER AND SHE NEEDS THIS VIDEO TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL.

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG!!!!!!!!

BOB
Rocket-Scientist
Senior Member Location: HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA Joined: Apr 23, 2010 10:14 Messages: 288 Offline
[Post New]
if we you could post the dxdiag file, it might verify the problem, but just based upon your post ...

a guess would be that you ran out of space on your system drive to make the temporary files that PD uses to set up the menu stucture. E00xxxx errors also sometimes indicate too high a burn speed setting for your dvd media or drive. DVD authoring generates a lot of temp files which get deleted once the burn is done, eat up disk space during the process.

i have use NERO and others, PD is the best, but needs powerful computer to "shine". RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
(2 NVME 2TB, 1 SSD 2TB, 3SATA 18TB )
PD18 ULTIMATE 64bit
WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO WIFI MB
RYZEN 7 3700X 8-CORE , 64 GB DDR4
ORSAIR HX1050 watts PSU
Grandad Ron [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 17, 2009 04:36 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]

Hi Bob,

Spent the last month editing a 2 hour school play and had to put it onto 2 DVDs to get HQ quality and eventually bought an internal Blu Ray writer to get the best out of the HD quality from the 1920 x 1080 Video - so the School can now offer DVD or Blu Ray. I have to say that my final MPEG2 file burned to a 25gb Blu Ray disc came out at just over 24gb.

I guess someone will come up with a suggestion on your error code but of all the things that I couldn't cope with, burning a DVD has, so far, been without too many complications.

Couple of questions: What video encoding did you use on 'PRODUCE' and how many gb or mb did the file come out to.

When you came to CREATE the disc what settings did you use on 'DISC PRFEFERENCES section

Did you for instance try to go for 'HQ QUALITY' or @ 'SMART FIT'.

Back to basics. How much space do you have available on your computer hard drive.

The 'PRODUCE' file for the project you are trying to burn is presumably resident on your hard drive, mine defaults to the 'MY DOCUMENTS' folder. Showing as Produce 0 or 1 or maybe 8 it will give you the size and then give the type of file, AVCHD', 'Video Clip', etc.

You are obviously desperate and I read recently that having 'PRODUCED' a video file it is not sacrosanct to burn it through Cyberlink but having used the powerful editing features of that programme - just put the final file through your usual burn procedure.

I haven't tried it but I will tomorrow !

Don't give up - HAPPY BURNING !

Regards

GR
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Oh Bobby,
I cannot tell you how important the DXdiag is.
Your next post MUST have the DXdiag or we CANNOT help you except for guessing.

Again, PART B
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Grandad Ron [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 17, 2009 04:36 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
Bob,

Spent the last half hour going through google, without much success and then I found a thread on Cyberlink.

'BURNING FAILED ERROR CODE a000000a' , dated 23/2/2009 and 22/4/2011.

Regards

GR

djmorgan
Senior Member Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Oz. Joined: Mar 09, 2007 07:07 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
Firstly you can burn your project as a DVD to a folder on your HDD, so you can burn it when you figure out your issue or you can use another toold to compile your DVD.

The reason preventing your burn could be from media to system so be prepared for a journy of discovery, test your DVD media, use a tool that is free such as imageburn to check your drive.

It can be as simple as the folder not having sufficient permissions to allow a copy

Good Luck
Windows 7 X64 SP1
ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA1366 X58
Intel core I7 950 3.80 GHZ CPU
12Gb Corsair TR3X3G1600C8D Tri channel
Corsair H70 Water cooling
Corsair HX1000W PSU
nVidia GTX 980
Intel 240Gb SSD 520 Series
2 x Seagate 1 Tb
[Post New]
I will include the dxdiag in this post, however I do not think it will be helpful. All my drivers are up to date. I have 50 GB left on my system drive which is a crossair SSD. I also have a secondary drive with over 900 GB on it. My processor is an Intel Core I7 980x one of two hexecore processors Intel makes. With hyperthreading I get 12 cores. I have a Rampage III Extreme motherboard (x5.I have a LG CH08LS10 BD-ROM/DVD+-RW. I am using DVD -R media.

Remember folks, this is happening in the AUTHORING STAGE, IT DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO USE THE DVD, IT BLOWS UP AUTHORING.

I have an ASETEK cpu water cooler, I have 12 GB of CRUCIAL D3 PC3 -10600 1333 MHZ SYSTEM RAM. I also have a 12 GB swap file so that's 24 GB of virtual memory (much bigger than the movie!!!) The movie is about 4 GB and passed all stages, including produce and DVD preview.

This is a killer system folks. 12 threads. 64 bit windows operating system. The kind of system that should run this software without any problems.

I am attaching my DXDiAG to this post. Can somebody PlEASE help me? I paid 30 bucks for call in service. What I got from them was a 100 question questionaire with screen shots needed and a huge ftp transfer which their server cut off in the middle of the transfer.

The man on the phone could not speak English, he was an Indian with no English language skills whatsoever, another 29 bucks down the drain.

Look, I will PAY someone 50 bucks through paypal if you can help me figure out what to do. I have worked at this for 48 hours straight (almost) and I'm exhausted, depressed, and ready to throw in the towel with this software, just uninstall it (and lose the 100 bucks I paid for it) and try something else.

I would even appreciate if someone could tell me the BEST video software (like this) and I will pay for it.

Thank you all so much for your time and help.....

Bob

P.S. DXDIAG attached.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
85 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
325 time(s)
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Your video card driver is over 2 years out of date, so that a good place to start.

http://www.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDHomePage.aspx

Also, your being starved space, 50 GB on the hard drive is not enough free space for temp files.

EDIT...if it helps, you owe me 4 million rupees.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 10. 2011 21:34

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
[Post New]
ONe last thing. I bought the movie fuel for my sister to use as a teaching aid when she goes back to school through the internet. The menu VOB was totally messed up (scratched) and I could not even use it.

I pulled the 4 vobs off that comprised the movie. I put them on the timeline, one after the other, sequentially in MOVIE mode.

I then produced the 4 VOBS and got my output MPEG 2 file. I then went to the burn phase. First I tested the movie to make sure it worked ok. I could watch the whole movie in the "test" phase before I burned it.

Then I went to the burn. I pressed "burn" and it started authoring. It seemed like when it went to the second VOB of the 4 VOB stream it blew up in AUTHORING. It never got to the burn stage (where the DVD is accessed), the problem is in AUTHORING.

I hope this information helps....

Bob
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
I suggest also that you take your vobs, and render(Produce) them to an MPEG2, then use THAT file for your project, as vobs can cause PD to be finicky.
After you get your MPEG in the timeline, and your project is edited to your needs, burn your DVD at less than maximum speed. If that fails, Produce to a folder instead, and burn that folder with whatever DVD burning software you have.

Still, update the card, and you need more free space for temp files.

Add 1.2 million rupees please.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 10. 2011 21:42

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
djmorgan has asked if you can burn to a DVD folder on your HDD, can you?

Your Dxdiag appears to be for your previous Dell computer, which is certainly not powerful enough

The movie you extracted the VOB files from, was it write protected, if so you will not be able to burn to disc.

Barry mentioned that your HDD is lacking in available free space, for best performance PowerDirector requires 100GB of free space, when authoring.

My fee is less than what Barry is charging you, I offer a 20% discount when paid direct into my PayPal account.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
[Post New]
bobbygr100@hotmail.com;
We are all speaking english here..so I hope that helps.

1. We need you to run DXDIAG on your CURRENT machine, please.

2. Sometimes the AUTHORING and BURNING process go hand in hand.

3. Produce each VOB file separately to MPG2 and combine them on the timeline.

4. Some commercial DVDs have copy protection schemes that cause issues during AUTHORING and PRODUCTION...doing them one at a time (to folders) will help uncover where the issues exist.

5. If I had TRIED this before with movies like those blue aliens (not SMURFS)...and I am not saying I DID....I had to use a separate copy software that stripped the protection first...If I ever were to do that...which I didn't...GET IT? With some new movies...you just won't be able to reproduce commercial software due to license protection. This is NOT a Cyberlink or PD9 issue.

BUT...get us that DXDIAG file for your big system so we can "see" it!

My price is 166,123 Somali Shilling in PAYPAL

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 10. 2011 22:28

[Post New]
look up 5 or 6 posts and you will see the dxdiag I posted. Please quit asking me to repost this. It's current, on my current machine. Also in that post is all my hardware laid out.

Thank You,

Bob
[Post New]
here is the dxdiag again....
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
dxdiag from my current machine
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
243 time(s)
[Post New]
here is dxdiag again

Bob
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
dxdiag for bob's computer
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
255 time(s)
[Post New]
Fredb,

Here it is again, dxdiag, Can you see it? Also look up about 5 posts AFTER I posted dxdiag, and you told me to post it. PLEASE READ WHAT I AM SUPPLLYING, Fredb........!!!!!!!

Bob
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Another copy of Bob's DXDIAG
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
254 time(s)
[Post New]
you will see the dxdiag I posted. Please quit asking me to repost this. It's current, on my current machine.

OK..calm down..the reason we are asking for a new one is that the file 5 or 6 posts above shows a Dell Dimension XPS Gen 3 with 2GIG RAM. This recent one shows your i7 machine. There are at least 3 separate Senior Contributors trying to help you!!!!

Now that we have seen your current machine, I would suggest that the issue you are having is due to an attempt to reproduce a copy-protected movie (FUEL).

I bought the movie fuel for my sister to use as a teaching aid when she goes back to school through the internet. The menu VOB was totally messed up (scratched) and I could not even use it. I pulled the 4 vobs off that comprised the movie. I put them on the timeline, one after the other, sequentially in MOVIE mode.

I know there are products that bypass the copy protection, but PD9 is NOT one of those.

And..don't forget the 166,123 Somali Shilling fee in PAYPAL if you need additional help.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 10. 2011 22:50

[Post New]
djmorgan,

How do I burn my project to a DVD folder? I don't know how to do that. Thanks DJ!!!!

Bob
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
When you go into the burn module, choose "folder" rather than disc. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
[Post New]
AHH Fredb grasshopper,

I run anydvd to blow off the drm. I have copied vob files this way before. What's so special about this error in these VOB files? Shall we try for two out of three?

Bob