Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
minimum version for pdvd11 for upgrade to 13/feedback
DYONISII [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 09, 2011 09:58 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
hey guys,

let's say i am interested in upgrading to pdvd 13 from pdvd 11. what would be the minimum version of pdvd 11 should i have installed on my pc if i would upgrade to 13. should 1719 be suffice or do i need to install all the way to 3901?

my question is basically reserved for when i needed to reinstall pdvd 13 as my original pdvd is 9 upgraded to 11, then 13.

thanks!

hoping this would also solve the bd-region remaining bug (which was set to 0) on pdvd 11.

regards!

update: nope, pdvd 13 did not solve the changes remaining bug left from pdvd 11.

update: pdvd13 does not support sup subtitles on mkv files. (interesting enough as media player classic home cinema which i have not updated for a couple of years already support sup.)

update: experienced tearing on 1080p mkv videos. hardware acceleration is enabled. (no tearing on media player classic home cinema.)

hardware: winxp pro (all updates applied), directx 9.0c, 2G RAM, AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GT 220, display is 1080p connected via dvi.

[Thumb - region code.png]
 Filename
region code.png
[Disk]
 Description
region code on pdvd 13
 Filesize
119 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
111 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Apr 06. 2013 13:24

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
with PowerDVD 13 it is not needed to have an previous version of PDVD 11 or 12 installed - if needed the installation/setup wizard will ask you for the PDVD 11 or PDVD 12 key.

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
DYONISII [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 09, 2011 09:58 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
thanks michael!

at least, we no longer need to install from older versions. maybe you should put that in a sticky. this has been a request for a long time already and i'm glad that it is now here.