Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[2408] dvd video jerky when show information enabled
DYONISII [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 09, 2011 09:58 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
hello guys,

there seems to be a problem playing DVDs when "show information" is enabled. the video jerks every few seconds. i have noticed of this problem after installing 2408 only.

furthermore, i have tried playing a DVD off of my hard disk and off the DVD drive itself. both produce the problem when "show information" is enabled. the same problem does not present itself when "show information" is disabled.

thanks again.

cheers for the holidays!

regards!
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

sorry I can not reproduce it in Intel/NVIDIA/AMD system here - can you please help to post more info, e.g. the DXDIAG?

Do you use any codec- pack on your system - a codec pack may interfer with PDVD.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
DYONISII [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 09, 2011 09:58 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
hello michael,

attached herewith is my dxdiag report.

thanks!
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
dxdiag report
 Filesize
58 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
483 time(s)
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 09, 2010 14:05 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
Well thanks to DYONISII, I think I may have solved my problem. I wish to report that disabling "Show Information" has worked to solve my random "Jerky" play back. I will know for certain as I play more movies, but at this point, it looks promising !

I thought it was a problem with my frame interpolation feature on my Panasonic PT-AE4000 projector, but it appears that it had nothing to do with it. FI (frame interpolation) would make the jerky playback much more noticeable when it removed the frame judder, but disabling it all together, the jerky playback was still there.

I turned all the applications off that communicated with the Internet, I found them very annoying anyway and some would make the CPU work hard (who knows why). This became apparent from the computers fan running at a very high speed while the movie was playing.

@ CyberLink-Michael, here is my ticket number with it's latest post and the dxdiag report.

CS001078251

With me all the Power DVD11 Ultra version's would have jerky playback and this would explain with some of the early Media Smart programs why I did not have this problem. I just disabled it there with out realizing that it would be a problem.

If you want I can post a dxdiag report here and all my specs if you are not able to access my support ticket information.

And no codec packs here either...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that was short lived, "Dolpin Tale" froze just out of the blue for 3 seconds about 2 or three minutes into the movie while the audio kept playing.

Attached is my dxdiag report, maybe I will try reverting back to an older build.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
32 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
387 time(s)

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Dec 31. 2011 02:32