Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the replies. I do have PD9 on disc. I'll load that up and see what happens. Now, please don't take me the wrong way, the MM is free so I'm not feeling that they owe me to have it on there. It just really bummed me that that particular piece was missing.
Thanks again for the help. I'll try it this afternoon when I get home.
MULLY
Just installed PD13 and noticed that the number of choices in the Magic Music has been shaved down quite a bit. Worst part of it all is that my theme music was one of the ones taken away. I can't make my videos without it. NOW THAT SUCKS!!

And the channel on YouTube is Thingz That Suck!
MULLY

http://www.youtube.com/thingzthatsuck

Yes, I did all of the updates in Magic Music
Thank ya, kindly.
MULLY
Congratulations to all the winners. I won the download version of PD12.....although I already have it. Haha!!! Contest time on my channel.
MULLY
Any idea when the results are going to be posted? The page says February 12th, today is the 13th and still nothing.
Thanks in advance,
MULLY
The pool trick shots video guy :+)
Gotcha. Surprised me to see that.
MULLY
Quote:
What's installed is the Core Foundations album, which contains 10 tracks http://www.smartsound.com/royalty-free-music/Core+Foundations
Cheers - Tony

Only 10? I have waaay more than that in mine and I've never purchased anything.
MULLY
will take a head count when I get home
I can't comment on your problem, but I can comment on your last question.

Yes, with SmartSound you'll have a whole lot of music that you can tap into for your video projects, and for a hundred bucks more you can buy a whole lot more from them. SmartSound is a Godsend for video production. You can dial in a time frame that you want, say 45 seconds for example, and it will give you 45 second clips with beginnings, middles, and ends. I use it religiously with my ThingzThatSuck videos. So many people have asked me how I get the music to fit so well on each video. The secret is SmartSound. Matter of fact, the music is the easiest part of those videos. If you're interested you can check out the videos from the link in my sig below.
MULLY
So, I'm well aware that there is no Mac version of PowerDirector, but there are Mac versions of other Cyberlink software. Does anyone know if there ever will be a Mac version of PD? Is Apple keeping them out of the game because they don't want any competition for iMovie and Final Cut Pro?

You see, after 15 or so years using Windows, started out on Win95 and went all the way to 7, I took a leap of faith from recommendations from friends a year or so ago and bought an iMac. At first it was rough sailing, but then, as I started learning more about the Mac, something strange happened, I've taken the Kool-Aid and am now 99.9% a Mac person. That .1% is reserved for the laptop I have with Win7 that I keep around just so I can have my PowerDirector. iMovie is good for a quick edit that doesn't need much "umph" behind it, but it sucks for anything more than that. I have Final Cut Pro X also, but, when it comes to really wanting to get down and dirty I need my PD, so I keep the laptop around. I would give anything for a Mac version of PowerDirector.

Thoughts? Opinions?
MULLY
Good thing is that even with the preview settings set to lower quality the final output will be crisp and clean.
MULLY
Thanks, James!
MULLY
Hi, Dafydd,
I've read the rules and after watching the current entries I have a question, how does the winner get chosen? I noticed a previous comment in this thread and the poster said "I need votes". Where do these votes come from?

Also, is it cool to use music? Can we talk in the video?

Thanks,
MULLY
one question became 3.....it's like magic
Quote: Hi Mully,

No it can't be deleted from YouTube and still have it visible in the Director Zone. Director Zone only embeds the YouTube link. So it must have a path to follow on YouTube and have the uploaded video exist on YouTube in order to play it on Director Zone. Power Director also collects the project editing timeline information from you project and displays it under the viewing screen during playback on the Director Zone site. That way you can view other people's work and get an idea how they went about creating the video they posted. It's actually very helpful to new people to learn how to put together a video using multiple video tracks using pictures, video, effects, Picture in Picture objects bu looking at someone's editin timeline. That kind of thing.

Great questions Mully. I am sure that others reading your questions are learning more about Director Zone and how it all works.

Hope this helps answer your questions.

Kevin

Yeah, thanks for that, Kevin. My series of videos, ThingzThatSuck, already has 32 or 33 vids up. No way to upload them again. On top of that, I never upload to YT from PD. I prefer to render it out then upload from YT.
MULLY
Quote: No problem Mully!

One other benefit of getting your videos into the Director Zone is that if you ever intend to enter some of the Cyberlink video contests, you are required to have your video submission on the Director Zone. So enter those contests and have a chance to win some great prizes!

Edit: Here is the latest video contest March5- March 25. You will find a link to prizes and the rules of the contest. Posted this just in case you were interested.

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/events/enu/2012/Q4/CreateVideoChallenge/index.jsp

Best,

Kevin

Once a video has been added to the DZ can it be safely deleted from YT?
MULLY
Quote:
Quote: Guys, how do I upload my videos to the DirectorZone? I'm not finding any upload links anywhere. Am I missing something? Also, is it possible to take videos that I've already uploaded to YouTube and add them to my DirectorZone? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
MULLY

Hi Mully,
I am afraid it's not possible to get previously uploaded YouTube videos into the DirectorZone. You would have to upload the video to YouTube again and make sure you have the DirectorZone box selected. Looking forward to seeing your creations!

Edit: and there are no dumb questions Mully! Ask away!

Kevin

Thanks, Kevin. I was hoping not to hear that answer but I was prepared for it just the same. haha!!
MULLY
Thanks, Jaime-esque. Yeah, I know the download process from YT. Luckily I still have all the videos from that channel on my hard drive so I won't need to go that route. Appreciate all the help, guys!!
MULLY
Ah, there's the problem. I never upload from PD. I always render out then upload.
Thanks for the info,
MULLY
Guys, how do I upload my videos to the DirectorZone? I'm not finding any upload links anywhere. Am I missing something? Also, is it possible to take videos that I've already uploaded to YouTube and add them to my DirectorZone? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
MULLY
Thanks for the info, Tony. I guess I'll just have to deal with it. Like I said, it's more of an inconvenience than anything. I just hope they get it right in 12. 9 works fine so it can be done. Thanks again!
MULLY
Hey, guys, fairly new member to the forum here. I have recently installed PD11 Ultimate, coming from PD9, and I'm having trouble with SmartSound files. This could get a little long winded but I just want you to know exactly what I'm doing.

I bring my video clips into the editor. Cut and move around as needed. Once I have everything where I want it then it's time to set music to it. I mute all the audio on the video clips. I then open SmartSound, find my music, set the time limit, and drag it down into the audio track. Now, I do a preview to make sure the music stops exactly when I want it to. It's fine. After watching it through once I get to see if there are any more edits that need to be done. So I go back to the video clips, edit what needs to be edited....whether that is adding a title or cutting something out, then I go back to the beginning and watch it over to see if the changes I made turned out the way I had hoped. This time around, the SmartSound music doesn't play. I've found that if I drag that SS clip up into the VoiceOver room it will play with the video. Then, when I check to see if it's still going, the music doesn't work. So I drag it back into the audio track and it works fine. Then the process repeats itself. It's not really anything other than an inconvenience but it didn't happen like that in PD9. The videos on this channel are short, usually around a minute, silent comedy. The stopping time of the music is integral to the punchline so, as you can imagine, I listen over and over and over to make sure it's right. Any thoughts on this? I can actually make a video showing exactly what is happening if you'd like. Again, the music plays, I just have to drag it back and forth between the audio and voice over tracks for it to work each time.
Thanks in advance,
MULLY
Go to: