Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD For Mac?
MULLY5150
Newbie Location: Shizuoka, Japan Joined: Jun 27, 2011 04:01 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
So, I'm well aware that there is no Mac version of PowerDirector, but there are Mac versions of other Cyberlink software. Does anyone know if there ever will be a Mac version of PD? Is Apple keeping them out of the game because they don't want any competition for iMovie and Final Cut Pro?

You see, after 15 or so years using Windows, started out on Win95 and went all the way to 7, I took a leap of faith from recommendations from friends a year or so ago and bought an iMac. At first it was rough sailing, but then, as I started learning more about the Mac, something strange happened, I've taken the Kool-Aid and am now 99.9% a Mac person. That .1% is reserved for the laptop I have with Win7 that I keep around just so I can have my PowerDirector. iMovie is good for a quick edit that doesn't need much "umph" behind it, but it sucks for anything more than that. I have Final Cut Pro X also, but, when it comes to really wanting to get down and dirty I need my PD, so I keep the laptop around. I would give anything for a Mac version of PowerDirector.

Thoughts? Opinions?
MULLY ...........................................................................
Check out and subscribe to the funniest channel on YouTube!!
http://www.youtube.com/thingzthatsuck

Personal vlogging channel
http://www.youtube.com/warmothstrat
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Mully: I have been following this Forum and Cyberlink for a couple of years now. I have not heard of any plans to introduce a "PD for Mac" to the market.

I am not sure of the reason for that.

You are not the first to ask the question and want to have a Mac version.

Perhaps Cyberlink will come out with a Mac version in the future, but I am not aware of any Mac PD release, imminent or otherwise.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone know if PD will work in Mac using a PC emulation program? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Steve,
I believe I was contacted a while ago by an editor doing just that. Don't ask for more... on who, when and what. My brain has leaked the additional information.
Dafydd
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I have seen posts by a user or two that have a Windows Emulation on their Mac.

As to how well it works is in question, I remember some problems caused by the Emulation program on the Mac with PD.

Not an idea solution by any means.

Edit: fix syntax

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 08. 2013 10:49

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.