Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CREATE Video Challenge 3
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
CREATE Video Challenge 3,

This Month's Challenge is “Creative PiP”

Event Link: http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/events/enu/2012/Q4/CreateVideoChallenge/index.jsp
Video submission: Mar. 5 – Mar. 25, 2013
Winner announcement: Apr. 5, 2013

If you have any questions, ask here and I'll pass them onto CyberLink.

Forum Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 27. 2013 14:50

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,
I have submitted one to the challenge and need votes LOL. But I don't know if you are only allowed one entry, as I created another entry in 3D and 2d to 3D options, but when I submit it I get timed out message....tried 10 times on two different days and get the timed out message.
The first entry:
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/event/common/event-video-detail-action.do?eventID=2821&szForward=/stat/events/enu/2012/Q4/CreateVideoChallenge/current_view.jsp&nFileId=751643&order=0&nPageNo=1
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi James,
I'll check up on the query you've posted and get back with an answer asap. Thank you for your link.
Dafydd
MULLY5150
Newbie Location: Shizuoka, Japan Joined: Jun 27, 2011 04:01 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Dafydd,
I've read the rules and after watching the current entries I have a question, how does the winner get chosen? I noticed a previous comment in this thread and the poster said "I need votes". Where do these votes come from?

Also, is it cool to use music? Can we talk in the video?

Thanks,
MULLY
one question became 3.....it's like magic ...........................................................................
Check out and subscribe to the funniest channel on YouTube!!
http://www.youtube.com/thingzthatsuck

Personal vlogging channel
http://www.youtube.com/warmothstrat
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Here is the link to enter the challenge, and the rules, and prizes..
http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/events/enu/2012/Q4/CreateVideoChallenge/submit.jsp
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

MULLY5150
Newbie Location: Shizuoka, Japan Joined: Jun 27, 2011 04:01 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, James!
MULLY ...........................................................................
Check out and subscribe to the funniest channel on YouTube!!
http://www.youtube.com/thingzthatsuck

Personal vlogging channel
http://www.youtube.com/warmothstrat
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,
I created a video for the PiP contest and uploaded in to YouTube, but was unable to upload to the Directors Zone. I received a message indicated it could not be uploaded. The YouTube address is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry7iypPZBTg. How can I upload to the Directors Zone? Thank for your help.
James1
[Post New]
Hi,
If you open your browser to your DirectorZone (where PD logs you into) in your DZ 'Name Profile" on the top there is a drop down effects ....and one will be Videos, select that and you will get your 'videos on DZ' highlight the video you want to submit to the 'Challenge-3' then on browser link copy the location, now go back to challenge entry page and paste that in the DZ link. Now you have to browse to the file on you computer and 'upload' the video to the judges.
I hope that explains it.
Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 23. 2013 01:20

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

[Post New]
Hi James1,
The basic problem is that I cannot upload my video to DirectorZone. Producing the video under the online tab results in a message that "Cyberlink could not upload the template to DirectorZone" This message appears after the YouTube message. I am able to upload the video to YouTube. So the net result is that I have no videos under the tab of my videos in DirectorZone. What am i missing?
James1
[Post New]
Hi,
Ok do you have access to DirectorZone (an Account there?) and are logged in? I believe your YouTube account is linked to directorZone. So if you have uploaded to YouTube it should appear in DirectorZone. Are you registered at DirectorZone?

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi James1,
The basic problem is that I cannot upload my video to DirectorZone. Producing the video under the online tab results in a message that "Cyberlink could not upload the template to DirectorZone" This message appears after the YouTube message. I am able to upload the video to YouTube. So the net result is that I have no videos under the tab of my videos in DirectorZone. What am i missing?

Hi Kuroshio,

There is only "one" way to get a video into the Director Zone. You must use the "Online" uploader within Power Director and have the "share timeline info with Director Zone" checked off when producing to the various "online site" options available. It sounds as if you have attempted to do this from your description. But was unsuccessful.

I am not able to replicate your issue, but I wanted to make sure you had completed one thing correctly. In your preference settings(using the gear icon at the top of the open application) then select the "Director Zone" tab, did you select the "auto sign in to Director Zone when Power Director is launched"? Is the "email" and "password" correctly entered? If it isn't entered correctly, then it will be uploaded to youtube(if that is your online selection) because it prompts you for the sign in information before production starts but then may not access your DirectorZone account to imbed the upload link successfully.Double check these entries.

If it is finally uploaded to YouTube AND Director Zone you will be able submit to the contest using the method that James described. But if it never gets to Director Zone then you won't be able to enter it.

EDIT: if your upload to YouTube did not also automatically be shown in Director Zone, then the only way to get your video into Director Zone is to upload the video to YouTube again. If the linking doesn't happen at the same time there is no way to get it to happen. You have to start over and upload again.

Good Luck!

Kevin

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Mar 23. 2013 17:15

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
[Post New]
Hi James1 and Cap'n Kevin,
Thank you for your advise. I retracted the steps you outlined which did not appear to be any different than I preformed before --- However, it worked! The video was uploaded to the Directors Zone. I have submitted my entry. Nothing great, but I wanted the learning experience. Thanks for helping me in my educational journey.
James1
[Post New]
Hi Kuroshio,
It may take a day to show up on the challenge website as the Cyberlink personnel have to OK it.
good luck (maybe as I am a Contestant also).

[Post New]
Hi.
I submit an entry yesterday, but it does not appear to be posted. Does it take sometime before the entries are posted? Perhaps I did something wrong.

Thanks.
James1
[Post New]
Hi,
When did you submit it...the contest deadline was yesterday at 23:59 I believe. The Cyberlink contest people have to ok the video also.

[Post New]
I submitted it about 15:00 Eastern Daylight Savings Time.