Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink does'nt hesitate to charge a huge amount for thier products, but while rolling out updates they are very laid back, I mean I know its not easy to fix bugs as each setup differs and needs to be kept in mind. But bugs that are faced by all (Like the Black Bar across the top) surely can be fixed faster.Been over a month since the last update.
Yeah I know.. I ran into a few issues too gettin My LG TV configured. But turns out it was a HDMI 1.4 device(site said 1.3 and I saw this after buying it) so im good.But PDVD 12 requires a SERIOUS overhauling patch. 80%+ Customers regret for the upgrade from 10/11 to 12 .
It is your Projector. I doubt it is HDMI 1.4 but I could be wrong. When you connect your PC to a TV/Projector via an AVR , the PC detects the TV / Projector not the AVR.(Faced a similar issue PC shows AVR model no as secondary device when the TV is not connected to the AVR , But when it is it shows TV Model no) Also as seen on Mazon many people with your projector are facing the issue that you currently face. I would suggest trying to play around with the settins in PDVD 12. Setting it to Auto will not help. Try setting it to the "120 hz " options as you Projectors is capable of 3D output at 120hz, If you havent tried this already.
Your system seems quick enough to Play a 1080 movie. You probally need a Reformat of windows and/or driver update.
What is your TV set to ? Original/16:9/Just scan. I had the problem too and it got fixed when I switched to Just scan.
Are you watching SBS videos ?
Yes luckily we have the option on our A/V Recievers, Or it would be disturbing watchin a movie with such beautiful eye candy alongside latent audio. A 170-180 ms worked fine on my Yamaha RX-V467.
Quote: I may be misinterpreting your setup, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you have an LG 3D TV for video, and an A/V receiver for sound, both connected to the video card. As far as the PC is concerned both audio and video leave the computer perfectly in sync, but as the monitor adds its own lag you end up with the two ending up out of sync. If you can set your A/V receiver to delay the audio then that should help.

I too use an LG 3D TV (DM2780D) with a similar video card (6770) and the input lag seems to be around 180ms-200ms when not in PC mode (based on Guitar Hero's HDTV calibration settings). The monitor doesn't seem to compensate for input lag when you pass audio directly through it, either.

The advantage of 24Hz is down to the smoothness of motion - when displaying 24Hz content (such as Blu-ray video) on a 60Hz display some frames need to be repeated. 60 cannot be divided exactly by 24 so some frames are displayed for a longer time than others, and this uneven frame time can result in apparently juddery camera movement. A side effect of this (with LG's monitors, at any rate) is that it switches the display out of PC mode, incurring the significant video lag and resulting in lip sync problems.

I do have a lipsync feature on my Reciever, I Wish I did not have to do that as the audio is only outta sync for 3D content. So manually adjusting only for 3D movies would be a pain. I have an LG 55LW5700 . I don't believe my TV has a PC mode option. Thanks for the help so far.
Quote: It's a hardware issue - the PC sends the video data to the video card and the audio data to the sound card at the same time, but if the two have different input lag (sound cards usually have very little lag, and HDTV-style monitors can have quite a lot of lag) the two end up out of sync.

This can be compensated for in software, which would be a very nice feature for PowerDVD to have, but it currently does not. By way of comparison, Media Player Classic does have an option to delay the audio to correct this problem.

But in my case its an AMD 6870 where the sound card is in the video card itself.Also Since PDVD 12 is set to simply do a passthrough to my A/V Reciever the question on sound processing on the sound card should'nt arise , Right ? Also Should I set my Desktop to 24Hz ? I feel the mouse lag when its at 24hz,but from the reading ive been doing in the last 1 hour 24hz is better.

I use a LG 3D TV(Passive 3D)

Kindly advise.Thanks
Quote: I think it depends on the display device. At 1080p/60 my monitor supports "PC mode" which reduces input processing and input lag is negligible. At any other refresh rate or resolution (including 1080p/24 and 1080p/50) input processing is enabled, incurring a ~200ms lag which cannot be reduced and is extremely unpleasant to watch.

For maximum compatibility I agree that an audio delay feature would be much appreciated in PowerDVD. ReClock can resample the audio but sadly lacks a delay feature.

Does this happen due to a H/W or S/W issue ?
Same issue with BluRay 3D playback at 60Hz
Quote: Hi Lee. What version are you using for this if I may ask.

Power DVD 12 Ultra build 1618
Quote: Yes I have same issue as well. When i play any 3D BD especially with 7.1 audio and HD Audio Passthrough option is selected, it gives a jerk to movie every 3-5 seconds, a very slight jerk but annoying. also i was facing lip sync issue which some how i adjusted using me Denon AVR.

I wonder what is the Issue. Driver/TV/PowerDVD/AVR. I have a lipsync feature on my Yamaha AVR i change the delay time, but u can tell when the sync is picture perfect or not.

Could you mention your PC specs and TV please?
Are your drivers up to date ? For nVidia users there an app called 3DTV play that some people say fixes thier issues.

Also is it a 3D Blu ray disk or a SBS video file ?
Any 1 facing the option where the video becomes choppy after the " non-decoded high definition audio to external device". Especially when playing 3D

Power DVD 12 Ultra
AMD x6 1055T @3.7
8GB Ram
AMD Radeon 6870 - HDMI out used.
HDMI 1.4 A/V Reciever.
LG HDMI 1.4 3D TV

Also any 1 facing audio sync related issues for 3D Blu-Rays ?
Quote: Hi,
no - Windows and VGAs don't support 3D Playback using Aero mode.

Michael

Thanks for the info.Though it was just my setup.
Setup:
TV- LG 55" 1920x1080 - HDMI 1.4
Reviever Yamaha RX-V467 - HDMI 1.4
PC Video Card - AMD Roadeon 6870 - HDMI 1.4
PC Monitor - LG 22" - 1680x1050 - DVI

Whenever I switch to 3D Mode while playin a 3D BD, Windows 7 Switches from Aero to Classic Theme and my TV switches to the Native resolution of my Monitor. This causes my TV to go to 1680x1050 causing a black boder on all 4 corners of my TV.

Is there a way I can stop Windows 7 from switiching into classic mode?
The problem is with PDVD 11 , The same file I am trying to play Played fine in power DVD10 in DTS-MA but doesnt give the option in 11 for non decoded high def to external device.
Hi I would like to know what to do because I do not get the option mentioned “Non-decoded high-definition audio” in PDVD 11 Ultra.I used to get it in PDVD10 and my Reviever used to show DTS-MA / Dolby TrueHD.I just get the PCM decoded by PDVD or Decoded DTS/Dolby to External device,but PDVD 10 used to give me all 3 options .All my drivers are up to date.

Reciever - Yamaha RxV-467
Sound card ATI 6870

Thanks,
Lee
Go to: