Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
mkv
Pleasant [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2012 00:46 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
what is the idle settings to play mkv in power dvd 12.......because when i play mkv in 1080p it gets struck and delays in playing
Syed Fahim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 10, 2012 00:31 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi.
Pleasant
This is the problem of your Computer configuration.
you need a Graphic card to play 1080p videos ..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 10. 2012 01:37

syed
flogger123 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 24, 2012 08:22 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Pleasant. I'm just curious. can you paste your PC specs here?
Pleasant [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry for the late reply

my system config as follows

NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 610i Motherboard (256Mb onboard graphics Card)

Intel Dual Core Processor E2180 @ 2.00Ghz

2 Gb Ram

Lee Pereira [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 22, 2011 01:51 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Your system seems quick enough to Play a 1080 movie. You probally need a Reformat of windows and/or driver update.
Pleasant [Avatar]
[Post New]
thank u .. Is it good to enable hardware acceleration for this sys config???
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Sorry for the late reply

my system config as follows

NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 610i Motherboard (256Mb onboard graphics Card)

Intel Dual Core Processor E2180 @ 2.00Ghz

2 Gb Ram

I've got to disagree with the above post. I think your computer is at the bottom end of the spec for smooth playing of those files and would think that you will get pauses with playback regardless of what you do.

Do not reformat your hard drive. That won't help.

Making sure that you have nothing else running while playing video files will help -- including your anti-virus.

Updating drivers is a good idea. I looked but there does not seem to be any drivers newer than 2007. That is pretty old. Go here to see if the autodetect works for your computer. http://www.geforce.com/drivers

When you are asked to post your computer spec, use dxdiag.exe to get the information. Select to save it. You will get a txt file. You can attach that file. The txt file will give much more information including what drivers are installed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 15. 2012 08:35

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Pleasant [Avatar]
[Post New]
Update file is there for this card 301.42 version. Actually i'm using LED TV 32" Full HD as monitor .(In Tv manual they put Maximum resolution of 1600X1200 for VGA ).Before updating the driver i got 1440x900 resolution .but after updating it becomes 1360x768.so i revert it ..Now system config in attachments from dxdiag.exe
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
51 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
463 time(s)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
The dxdiag file shows this:

Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 7050 / nForce 610i
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 825 MB
Dedicated Memory: 121 MB
Shared Memory: 703 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz):

Based on that information, I would agree that if that is not a laptop, there needs to be a graphics card rather than relying on the graphics chip.

When you installed the new drivers, did you use the graphics settings to get a higher resolution? Are you outside the US? That setting looks like PAL setting. The earlier setting and the reverted one looks like NTSC.

Did you try playing the mkv files with the new driver? That is what this thread is about. Did you really see any difference between the two display settings or are you relying on an arbitrary number? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.