Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3D via amp and projector
pezmisselbrook [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 08, 2012 21:16 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I have ran the cyberlink power dvd 3D checker before buying power dvd 12 and have hit a problem.

My set up is PC > HDMI > Denon AVR 1611 > HDMI > 3D Optoma HD66 PRojector

Unfortunately Nvidia doesn't seem to support the notion that you could have an amp between your pc and Projector ( the amp is fully 3D compliant ) but the problem im hittin is that power dvd doesnt see a 3D device, I have spoofed the EDID to represent the projectors video display and use the AVR's audio and this works perfect up until Power DVD. Nvidia drivers recognise the device now as a projector, i can enable 3D vision and play games in 3D vision, the pc device manager sees the monitor as a projector. All except powerdvd which picks it up as Denon AVAMP non 3D compliant. I need to know where it's picking up this piece of information as all other aspects are showing the Projector details correctly. Please see log file attached. Many thanks
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
if all components are correct and supporting HDMi 1.4 as defined by the spec there would be no need to spoof the EDID.

As far as I can see the projector is not HDMI 1.4 compliant.

PowerDVD does not support native DLP models

br
Michael

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
pezmisselbrook [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ah, thank you for the reply.

I see that it's not in the HDMI 1.4 spec but as Power DVD supports 3D vision I thought it would work, specially as when you use 3D vision on a HDMI 1.4 display it actually disabled 3D vision and uses 3D play. Thus surely meaning the 3D vision support in PowerDVD is redundant and would never actaully be functional ? If PowerDVD needs 1.4 and when using 1.4 Nvidia drivers disable 3D vision.... Why is it a selection on PowerDVD ? I'm likely missing something.

Another query, when I went back to PowerDVD 10 it works fine ( 3D Blu Ray via PowerDVD with my EDID spoof ) But not in PowerDVD 12. What has changed, why does it handle it differently now ? I never had PowerDVD 11 to check that but this is making the purchase to PowerDVD very hard to justify

Thanks again for your response.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 11. 2012 05:22

Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I don't think that the beamer is 3D Vision ready - and 3D play does not work for BD playback.

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
pezmisselbrook [Avatar]
[Post New]
The HD66 is certainly 3D vision supported. If it benefits you I can send over a screenshot of the 3D vision config where it finds and accepts the 3D projector.

Any suggestions on why PowerDVD 10 support 3D blu ray playback from disc with this set up yet PowerDVD 12 does not ? what was changed between revisions ?
pezmisselbrook [Avatar]
[Post New]
Also, slightly confused by the 3D play not supporting BD playback comment ? 3D play is just method of the Nvidia drivers to ackowledge you have a 3D display, i.e a 3D TV, something which isn't 3D vision certified.

When I go direct to my 3D TV it defaults to 3D Play on the nvidia drivers and Power DVD plays back 3D disc content just fine.
Lee Pereira [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 22, 2011 01:51 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
It is your Projector. I doubt it is HDMI 1.4 but I could be wrong. When you connect your PC to a TV/Projector via an AVR , the PC detects the TV / Projector not the AVR.(Faced a similar issue PC shows AVR model no as secondary device when the TV is not connected to the AVR , But when it is it shows TV Model no) Also as seen on Mazon many people with your projector are facing the issue that you currently face. I would suggest trying to play around with the settins in PDVD 12. Setting it to Auto will not help. Try setting it to the "120 hz " options as you Projectors is capable of 3D output at 120hz, If you havent tried this already.
pezmisselbrook [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Lee,

I have unfortunately tried all the settings on PowerDVD. Sadly it seems PowerDVD is truly dependant on HDMI 1.4, atleast PowerDVD 12 is, 10 does not seem to be.

I'd just like confirmation that this is the case as then I can rule out buying PowerDVD 12 before the trial expires.

The reason i needed to spoof the EDID override file is because whilst it does see my projector, it does just that. This means that the PC wouldn't send anything other than 2 channel stereo out via HDMI. Needed to add my Amp's supported format into the Overide.inf to get it to work.
Lee Pereira [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yeah I know.. I ran into a few issues too gettin My LG TV configured. But turns out it was a HDMI 1.4 device(site said 1.3 and I saw this after buying it) so im good.But PDVD 12 requires a SERIOUS overhauling patch. 80%+ Customers regret for the upgrade from 10/11 to 12 .
pezmisselbrook [Avatar]
[Post New]
So I took my projector to someones house who has PowerDVD 11 and it magically works. Installed trial again of Power DVD 12 and it fails. on the same system

I give up, certainly won't be buying Power DVD 12.
pezmisselbrook [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just to add, I feel the response I have had from Cyberlink to be very poor.

It might as well read

" it doesnt work, thanks for the money ! "

It does work, PowerDVD 10 & 11 both prove this. If someone was to say PowerDVD 12 handles the 1.4 3D encryption differently and doesn't support 1.3 yet the older version does, this would be fine. I have been told so far that 3D doesn't support 1.3 blu ray 3D play back which as I said, ver 10 & 11 prove this wrong.
maha11 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2012 12:10 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
hmmm .... its surprising that if PowerDVD 11 works then why not 12? Cyberlink should fix it in v.12 if there is some issue.
[Post New]
Hi,
in order to escalate this issue for further investigation please check the must have read thread. I also recommend to contact the technical support team.

Must have read for PowerDVD 12 - which info is needed

Please also add the info about PowerDVD 10 Version and SR you used to cross check the behavior on the same platform.

thanks
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 14. 2012 04:22

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Lee Pereira [Avatar]
[Post New]
Cyberlink does'nt hesitate to charge a huge amount for thier products, but while rolling out updates they are very laid back, I mean I know its not easy to fix bugs as each setup differs and needs to be kept in mind. But bugs that are faced by all (Like the Black Bar across the top) surely can be fixed faster.Been over a month since the last update.