Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Does anyone have lip sync issues with 12 ultra at 24hz playback.
Manoroid [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 10, 2010 23:07 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
This has never been correct the audio is faster than the video.

I shouldnt have to time delay the audio manually on the Onkyo receiver right?

Aren't there time delay features in the software.

Are cyberlink getting it right?

I've been reading all over the forums about this. Is a problem. Why not fix it.
Lee Pereira [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 22, 2011 01:51 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Same issue with BluRay 3D playback at 60Hz
Ben Ryves [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 06, 2009 19:03 Messages: 61 Offline
[Post New]
I think it depends on the display device. At 1080p/60 my monitor supports "PC mode" which reduces input processing and input lag is negligible. At any other refresh rate or resolution (including 1080p/24 and 1080p/50) input processing is enabled, incurring a ~200ms lag which cannot be reduced and is extremely unpleasant to watch.

For maximum compatibility I agree that an audio delay feature would be much appreciated in PowerDVD. ReClock can resample the audio but sadly lacks a delay feature.
Lee Pereira [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I think it depends on the display device. At 1080p/60 my monitor supports "PC mode" which reduces input processing and input lag is negligible. At any other refresh rate or resolution (including 1080p/24 and 1080p/50) input processing is enabled, incurring a ~200ms lag which cannot be reduced and is extremely unpleasant to watch.

For maximum compatibility I agree that an audio delay feature would be much appreciated in PowerDVD. ReClock can resample the audio but sadly lacks a delay feature.

Does this happen due to a H/W or S/W issue ?
Ben Ryves [Avatar]
[Post New]
It's a hardware issue - the PC sends the video data to the video card and the audio data to the sound card at the same time, but if the two have different input lag (sound cards usually have very little lag, and HDTV-style monitors can have quite a lot of lag) the two end up out of sync.

This can be compensated for in software, which would be a very nice feature for PowerDVD to have, but it currently does not. By way of comparison, Media Player Classic does have an option to delay the audio to correct this problem.
Lee Pereira [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: It's a hardware issue - the PC sends the video data to the video card and the audio data to the sound card at the same time, but if the two have different input lag (sound cards usually have very little lag, and HDTV-style monitors can have quite a lot of lag) the two end up out of sync.

This can be compensated for in software, which would be a very nice feature for PowerDVD to have, but it currently does not. By way of comparison, Media Player Classic does have an option to delay the audio to correct this problem.

But in my case its an AMD 6870 where the sound card is in the video card itself.Also Since PDVD 12 is set to simply do a passthrough to my A/V Reciever the question on sound processing on the sound card should'nt arise , Right ? Also Should I set my Desktop to 24Hz ? I feel the mouse lag when its at 24hz,but from the reading ive been doing in the last 1 hour 24hz is better.

I use a LG 3D TV(Passive 3D)

Kindly advise.Thanks
Ben Ryves [Avatar]
[Post New]
I may be misinterpreting your setup, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you have an LG 3D TV for video, and an A/V receiver for sound, both connected to the video card. As far as the PC is concerned both audio and video leave the computer perfectly in sync, but as the monitor adds its own lag you end up with the two ending up out of sync. If you can set your A/V receiver to delay the audio then that should help.

I too use an LG 3D TV (DM2780D) with a similar video card (6770) and the input lag seems to be around 180ms-200ms when not in PC mode (based on Guitar Hero's HDTV calibration settings). The monitor doesn't seem to compensate for input lag when you pass audio directly through it, either.

The advantage of 24Hz is down to the smoothness of motion - when displaying 24Hz content (such as Blu-ray video) on a 60Hz display some frames need to be repeated. 60 cannot be divided exactly by 24 so some frames are displayed for a longer time than others, and this uneven frame time can result in apparently juddery camera movement. A side effect of this (with LG's monitors, at any rate) is that it switches the display out of PC mode, incurring the significant video lag and resulting in lip sync problems.
Lee Pereira [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I may be misinterpreting your setup, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you have an LG 3D TV for video, and an A/V receiver for sound, both connected to the video card. As far as the PC is concerned both audio and video leave the computer perfectly in sync, but as the monitor adds its own lag you end up with the two ending up out of sync. If you can set your A/V receiver to delay the audio then that should help.

I too use an LG 3D TV (DM2780D) with a similar video card (6770) and the input lag seems to be around 180ms-200ms when not in PC mode (based on Guitar Hero's HDTV calibration settings). The monitor doesn't seem to compensate for input lag when you pass audio directly through it, either.

The advantage of 24Hz is down to the smoothness of motion - when displaying 24Hz content (such as Blu-ray video) on a 60Hz display some frames need to be repeated. 60 cannot be divided exactly by 24 so some frames are displayed for a longer time than others, and this uneven frame time can result in apparently juddery camera movement. A side effect of this (with LG's monitors, at any rate) is that it switches the display out of PC mode, incurring the significant video lag and resulting in lip sync problems.

I do have a lipsync feature on my Reciever, I Wish I did not have to do that as the audio is only outta sync for 3D content. So manually adjusting only for 3D movies would be a pain. I have an LG 55LW5700 . I don't believe my TV has a PC mode option. Thanks for the help so far.
Ben Ryves [Avatar]
[Post New]
All I can suggest is to try changing the input label of the HDMI connection to "PC" - that enables PC mode on my monitor, though only at certain resolutions.
Manoroid [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 10, 2010 23:07 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
You know what I don't get? Cyberlink always ships out a product half working. How can have an option on powerdvd to choose refresh rate playback off disk and not know when you play the video the audio and video are out off sync?

Man Khan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2011 05:31 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
I was having this problem with 3D blu-ray playback but i had to fix it through my Denon 991. I put a delay of 200ms and my problem was gone, but yes this feature should be there in PowerDVD or moreover the lipsync issue should be fixed in PDVD12 itself, but who cares, right Cyberlink?????

No one from Cyberlink even bothered to comment and even if they comment, it would be please contact customer support, bla. bla.
Ben Ryves [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: You know what I don't get? Cyberlink always ships out a product half working. How can have an option on powerdvd to choose refresh rate playback off disk and not know when you play the video the audio and video are out off sync?
I guess it's because it's a hardware-dependent issue. I didn't have this problem with my old monitor as it was a plain old PC monitor that displayed video as soon as it was received rather than applying a series of time-consuming image processing filters on it that introduces a few hundred ms delay. Of course, I agree entirely that a feature within PowerDVD to compensate for this lag would be ideal.
Lee Pereira [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes luckily we have the option on our A/V Recievers, Or it would be disturbing watchin a movie with such beautiful eye candy alongside latent audio. A 170-180 ms worked fine on my Yamaha RX-V467.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 28. 2012 07:08

BodyCop [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2013 10:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have an issue that appears to be unresolvable. Using Win8Pro with Windows Media Center, or other programs, Lip Sync is fine. But when I play CyberLink 12 Ultra I have a problem; audio plays after video has played, by about one half second.

If I delay the audio, which is easy to do, it only makes the matter worse. There appears to be no way to delay the video, and I bought this system to, guess what, play movies. So there is this huge distraction of having high-quality audio and video that is not in sync.

I have zeroed out all audio delays and input the lip-sync function with the Onkyo receiver, so those are not the issue. The issue appears to come completely and solely from when playing through CyberLink Ultra.

What I need is a way to delay video by about one-half second…

Any constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Equipment used in this setup include:
OmniMount 18 Space A/V Rack
Cyberpower OR1500LCDRM2U 1500VA UPS
Zalman HD160XT, Silver
Corsair TX750 ATX PSU
Windows 8 Professional
DX79SR Motherboard
Intel HD Audio subsystem based on the Realtek ALC892 audio codec
I7-3820, 3.60GHz, 10MB Cache, LGA2011, 130Watt Processor
RTS2011AC, Air Cooled Thermal Solution
RipjawsZ, DDR3-1600 PC3-12800, 4096MB x4, CL7-8-8-24 1.5v
EVGA GeForce GTX670 2GB DDR5