Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Splitting Video Clips
otown [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 27, 2011 10:00 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I have 15-20 video clips that I want to split into segments and then use the segments to create my video.....there might be 30-35 segemnts when I'm done.

Once I take a clip and put it in the timeline and split it...say into 3 segments, is there a way of saving the 3 segments back into the media content area so I can use the segments later?

If I leave all the segments in the timeline it becomes a mess.

I have PD13.

thx

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 13. 2017 11:32

The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, I have 15-20 video clips that I want to split into segments and then use the segments to create my video.....there might be 30-35 segemnts when I'm done.

Once I take a clip and put it in the timeline and split it...say into 3 segments, is there a way of saving the 3 segments back into the media content area so I can use the segments later?

I have PD13.

thx

Yes, you can do this.

Split your clips as you want. Then with them next to each other on the timeline go to the top of the timeline scrubber and you will see little yellow/orange triangles - click on the left one and drag it to the start of your first clip. Now drag the right hand one to the end of you clips (your clips should now be highlighted in yellow/orange). Then click on "Produce Range" just above the timeline. This will take you to the PRODUCE page - set this up as you wish and then click start. When you go back to the edit page your saved clips will be automatically placed in the Media Room for you to use when you want. You can now remove the original clips from th timeline.

I hope this helps you

Robert

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 13. 2017 12:45

otown [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 27, 2011 10:00 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, I have 15-20 video clips that I want to split into segments and then use the segments to create my video.....there might be 30-35 segemnts when I'm done.

I have PD13.

thx

Yes, you can do this.

Split your clips as you want. Then with them next to each other on the timeline go to the top of the timeline scrubber and you will see little yellow/orange triangles - click on the left one and drag it to the start of your first clip. Now drag the right hand one to the end of you clips (your clips should now be highlighted in yellow/orange). Then click on "Produce Range" just above the timeline. This will take you to the PRODUCE page - set this up as you wish and then click start. When you go back to the edit page your saved clips will be automatically placed in the Media Room for you to use when you want. You can now remove the original clips from th timeline.

I hope this helps you

Robert

Unfortunately the clip segments are random till the last stage when I organize them. Also I would be rinterim-rendering the segments which I would rather not do till the final product.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]

I have PD13.

thx

Yes, you can do this.

I hope this helps you

Robert

Unfortunately the clip segments are random till the last stage when I organize them. Also I would be rinterim-rendering the segments which I would rather not do till the final product.

I can only suggest that you add an extra video track, disable it by unchecking it, and then put your unwanted segments in the track. By disabling the track, the contents will not interfere with your project