Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi ynofish,

Usually Fraps is alright. The raw files run fine it's just after rendering. I think many videos I've made before have also been okay, and that was also using PowerDirector 9 (or .

My settings (all of them, just in case) are:

Version 3.4.6, build 13747

General:
Ticked: Start minimised, display status on LCD, minimise to system tray only

FPS:
Display top right corner with no hotkey for benchmarking or overlay

Movies:
Capture hotkey: ]
Record half size, 30 fps, loop buffer length 30 seconds (whatever that is)
Sound capture settings: ticked Record Win7 sound, stereo, Record external output

Screenshots:
hotkey: \, format PNG

Thanks guys!
Chuggy meaning low frame rate I guess. Like this: http://youtu.be/G7YPEVxLi6E?t=3m56s (about 4 mins in when knifing somebody)

I've attached my DxDiag.

I have been trying to produce a video for a while now and every time I do, the produced video is chuggy! I thought it might be the codec so I am wondering if there is ANY way of getting PowerDirector 9 to produce using Xvid?

I have raw Frapsed files to produce which are pretty big. My first solution was to convert each 4 GB frapsed file into something smaller before putting them into PowerDirector... but that didn't work. Converting each file still makes them chug, even using other programs like Windows Movie Maker (bad program but it wasn't PowerDirector).

I used VirtualDub using Xvid and it gave me some nice files without chug... however using those smaller 150 MB files in PowerDirector still made the final product chuggy at many points. Why is this? Is it the program or my computer? I've made many videos alright using PowerDirector...

I use PowerDirector mostly because I want to put in some fade effects or text on the screen. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably just convert my videos down using VirtualDub and upload those.

I've looked around for ages and nobody seems to be able to get PowerDirector to use Xvid. Anybody know any way around this or any other suggestions?
Just in case other people see, I think the reason for my problem was using Fraps to record multichannel.

PowerDirector apparently doesn't support this... which is odd for such a new version.
I use Fraps to record game footage, and the files play fine in Windows. When I put it into PowerDirector's library it also plays fine.

However, when I put it into the timeline to edit, it plays very very slowly with a cricket sort of noise on top. Anybody know why? I use the latest version of Fraps 3.4.5, PowerDirector 9, and my computer specs are below.

It is very irritating because it forces me to use Windows Live Movie Maker first to essentially rerender the file before I can use it in PowerDirector.

This problem doesn't happen all the time either. Sometimes it is okay, and sometimes it isn't. Even files with the same game sometimes is okay and sometimes isn't.

CPU: Intel i7-860
Video card: Gigabyte AMD ATi Radeon HD4890
RAM: A-Data 2x 2 GB 2000
Motherboard: Gigabyte P55A-UD5
I am having this problem on PowerDirector 9... this is pretty much the only place I can find somebody with the same issue.

I have edited using files from the same location too. Frapsed files from the same game even.

Moving files doesn't work...
Do you guys know by any chance how to increase the maximum number of characters allowed in the YouTube name and tags field in the program?
Nicely explained. Thanks! I actually thought with a higher res, the same bitrate will just make the file bigger... Not lower quality :/
Yeah there are different bitrates and resolutions, but what I was wondering was if there's any point of editing a WMV profile and putting it under YouTube... Or just editing a YouTube profile. If there's no real difference, I don't have to worry.

I now wonder why the YouTube profiles are 8000 and 10000 kb/s for 720p and 1080p respectively. Is Cyberlink thinking that we all have massive disc space and upload speed to handle it? It seems so... Unnecessary :/
Thanks Barry. Although I don't think there's much to change at all... right? I don't fully understand most of the settings. In other words, what major difference is there between the YouTube settings and WMV?
Thanks guys, that was brilliant! I have just finished some experiments to test different bit rates, and it works like a charm! I searched for ages looking up "powerdirector 9 youtube" etc. but didn't think about "custom WMV profiles" or anything specific! I found a couple of similar threads but they didn't get replies! I was surprised, and glad, that I got one here... and so quick!

After clicking the link (twice!), I had to find somewhere to download Microsoft Video Encoder 9. I managed to find it on Softpedia: http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Windows-Media-Encoder-Download-1393.html

As for being able to edit any profile and uploading it to YouTube manually, I have done that before but I currently like how the program can upload it for me because I put it on when I go to sleep (and use that "shutdown when done" setting).

Again, many thanks! I can blissfully go back to LPing!
I just upgraded to PowerDirector 9 and the YouTube setting for 720p renders at a bit rate of about 8000 kb/s. PowerDirector 8 renders at 1800 kb/s.

Why the huge increase? I really do not want to have such a high bitrate. It's ridiculous that we cannot type in a custom bit rate. Free programs allow it!!

I do not want to have to render and upload a 800 MB file each time Is there any way possible to render at about 2000 or 2500 kb/s?

I am assuming not... because I cannot find anything online about it. There have been some threads talking about this but there's no answer. This program is starting to annoy me already.
Go to: