Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slow audio playback while editing videos
White Razor [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 26, 2011 08:10 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I use Fraps to record game footage, and the files play fine in Windows. When I put it into PowerDirector's library it also plays fine.

However, when I put it into the timeline to edit, it plays very very slowly with a cricket sort of noise on top. Anybody know why? I use the latest version of Fraps 3.4.5, PowerDirector 9, and my computer specs are below.

It is very irritating because it forces me to use Windows Live Movie Maker first to essentially rerender the file before I can use it in PowerDirector.

This problem doesn't happen all the time either. Sometimes it is okay, and sometimes it isn't. Even files with the same game sometimes is okay and sometimes isn't.

CPU: Intel i7-860
Video card: Gigabyte AMD ATi Radeon HD4890
RAM: A-Data 2x 2 GB 2000
Motherboard: Gigabyte P55A-UD5
White Razor [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 26, 2011 08:10 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Just in case other people see, I think the reason for my problem was using Fraps to record multichannel.

PowerDirector apparently doesn't support this... which is odd for such a new version.