Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote My suspicion is you have shut off REAL-TIME PREVIEW.

Your AUDIO icon underneath the preview window has a SLASH through it. This indicates you have muted the audio causing it to go into NON REAL-TIME mode. This function serves to lessen the strain on your computer when editing making the preview a little smoother because it's ignoring the audio portion of your timelines.

Just to the left of the speaker icon, under the preview window, there is a dialogue box, click on that and change the setting to REAL-TIME. This depends of course on if this is indeed your issue.

Spot on Barry!!!!!!

No idea how I did that!!!??? Tho I am in there changing playback resolution all the time, Must have dragged my knuckles across it.

Lesson learned, Thanks HEAPS!
Gday as the title says, I no longer have audio on the timeline on any projects created on win10 computer.

Adio works fine in Media Library????

The audio adjustment on the timeline is locked. Wont respond. Desperate to finish projects! Any help would be appreciated.

Screenshot of the audio adjustment button.
Thanks for the heads up pepsiMan, serious thread that one.
Quote: I7 5930 with 16 gigs ram .. nvidia970 win 10
I will say this one more time, even is it will pe poh-poh-ed... 970 is not good for video editing in 4K, because it has an older generation ASIC for video decoding/encoding. All those cores and video memory mean squat for PD. The only ones that have the newer encoder are the 950 and 960 in the 9xx family, that one increases the H.264 encoder's throughput to cover 4K-resolution @ 60fps. The 1060 has a slightly better ASIC, suposedly twice as fast in 4K (same speed in HD though). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_NVENC
Hmm, great info and links! So will PD14 be any better off with the 4 and 6GB versions of these cards, rather than 2GB? Or would it be overkill for this program?
Thanks for the replys!

Gave me the confidence to go ahead and assemble a new Desktop running win10, very smooth so far.

Just playing with it now!!! Merry xmas to me, from me!!!!

Just a modest system, but PD14 runs smooth, even without a dedicated graphics card. Waiting for GTX960

Here's the basics of the build

Intel i7 6700k

coolerMaster water cooler

250G V-nand SSD 850 EVO M.2 boot drive

16G 2400 G.Skill ripjaws 2400 ram

2x 2TB Caviar Black storage
Thanks for your reply Phil, sounds positive enough.

Sounds like there IS hope.

Any one else using win10 and PD14 combo????
I'm about to get a new editing desktop to replace my old "sandy bridge era" one, which is becomeing a little long in the tooth. But still runs PD14 reasonably well, editing wedding and event stuff.

Been using win7 Pro 64bit!

Should I stick with win7, or have the windows 10 glitches "reported here" been ironed out?

I intend to keep the old machine running with win7, so will have to buy a new OS any way.

I've done a search on this board, but cant find anything positive about win10, so far!!!!!!!

Any advise?
Quote: welcome

Quote:
The information I'm looking for is mainly regarding GPUs! ...

Jack

GTX 950 or GTX 960

Thanks again for the tip PepsiMan!

Grabbed the GTX960, tried it in my old Desktop with PD12, Huge improvement over my old GTX550Ti.

CPU usage during render has gone from 100% to 22%-30%.

I just rendered a 50min project to AVCHD which ended up being 17GB, took 41 minutes to render.

The project files were a mad mix of 25p, 50p, slow mo, cropping, fades, lots of enhancing, etc.

I used the driver from the CD that came with the Graphics card, 9.18.13. 4788, if that means anything to anyone else.

Just hope this all works with the new system using PD14.........

Hmm, great thread.
Will watch with interest.
USING gtx960 in present system, working well with PD12. Win7 64bit.
About to build fresh editing pc with PD14. Dont want to go backwards!

Quote: Ha-ha, I like this! I'm past my 60th birthday and RattlinJack's calling me "Young Man"!

RJ's comment: My projects are usually 200GB or more, "Wedding Videos"...... 200 Gigabytes! Ouch! That's 2-fifths of an average hard-drive's capacity swallowed up in one gulp! Digital indigestion! ha-ha! None of my clips come anywhere near that size of file. Surely that's gotta be a typo error - You may have accidentally typed in an extra unintentional zero and actually meant to say 20GB! I just don't see how a typical (produced) clip could get that big, whether it was MPEG-2, MP4, AVCHD, AVI or other file type. Such a file size would never go on a disc, even blu-ray discs couldn't accomodate a file that size. Uploading to YouTube would be absolutely impossible! Nah, It's definitely gotta be a typo error!

Cheers!

Neil.

What I mean to say is that I have at least 200GB of Camera footage per project to edit. I work solo, so I set up multiple cameras, utilising tripods, a steadycam rig, slider rig and shoulder rigs. My main camera, records to a NINJA Recorder, "Prores 100mbits". This camera alone racks up over 120GB of recorded video, and I'm using the lowest bit rate available on that recorder.

So the old PUTA stuggles to deal with all that data, no matter what editing software I use.

It all ends up rendered to normal DVD and Blu Ray files, as well as HD files on Flash media.

The HD files are usually around 8GB to 10GB each.
Thanks for the replies!

Neil.f1955, gday young man, I'm from the Lake area, Valentine.. Don't go overseas much these days, but used to surf Stockton a lot when I was younger. Will be looking after a house full of grandkids tonight, "NEW YEARS EVE" Woo Hoo... But we can see the lakeside fireworks from here, might take some footage of that.

I guess I should have explained my editing needs more clearly.

My projects are usually 200GB or more, "Wedding Videos". A mixture of Pro res 100mbit, 4K 100mbit, .mov 50mbit and mp4 24mbit footage from various cameras.

I have been using a PC that I assembled a couple of years ago= Z77 Pro4 MOBO, GTX550TI GPU, i7 CPU, 16G Ram, Caviar Black HD for operating system, plus 3 other internal Caviar Black HDs for rendering to, and storage.

This thing works great on smaller projects, but not good when it's working with 100Gig plus.

I understand that different editing programs have their own hardware requirements for optimum performance. I've made the decision to go with PowerDirector, as it suits my needs just fine..

I figured that this would be the best place to seek information regarding hardware that Powerdirector will be happiest with.

I reckon it will take me a month to get all the parts I need for the new Puta, bit low on funds after xmas.

So thanks for the tip for the GTX 960 PepsiMan!

I will be back to ask about how to enable the CUDA or open CL or whatever this thing will need to work best........
OK I've had a quick search on here, nothing specific comes up regarding PCs suitable for editing with PowerDirector 14.

I'm about to assemble a new PC that will be used 100% for editing only, using PD14, Color Director, etc..

The information I'm looking for is mainly regarding GPUs!

So the question is, which GPU will I need to get the most out of PD14 on a windows based system?

Will be using the intel 4790k with asus 797-A MOBO.

Jack
I've been annoyed by the same issue!
BUT, today, playing around with short clips and settings just for the hell of it, I found that (720P footage) from my "Canon 600D"
DOES respond very well to the slider for Video Enhancement Degree. It's 720 50P, on that particular camera.
Anyone else discovered this?
Maybe (SD files) would also respond.
Bingo!!!!!
Thanks heaps Carl, locking the focus, and or left on tripod, all crisp after render, even with heaps of sharpening and color adjustments...

These particular shots were zoomed in, with heaps of detail. As you said leaves blowing in the wind.

Something to look out for when running and gunning, remember to lock that focus when you can..........
Come to think of it, never had this problem with DSLR footage. Always manual focus!
Semi successful there!
An improvement, but still pulsing.....
What else can I turn off?
Yeah I know, get a better PUTER.....
OK, thanks Carl!
Will give that a shot and compare...
will let you know the outcome!
Gday!
Anyone else noticed a PULSING in there video after rendering?
Camera was "canon HFS200"
Footage of 'Pine tree" whilst zoomed in about halfway, shows a slight "pulsing" of about 1/2 second. It's like pulsing in and out of sharpness!!!?????
Original file 1920/1080 24 KBPS looks fine, but "rendered with no affects or sharpening" shows this pulsing problem....
If I add video enhancement and or color adjustment, it becomes even more noticeable.
This make any sense?
Hmm, very odd.
Waited for that one to finish rendering, then tried it again, NO GREEN BAR..........
So I went ahead and updated my NVIDIA driver, and loaded the latest PowerDirector patch anyway, thanks for prodding me Carl312.
See what happens on the next Project...
I must say, that PowerDirector 12 has been very stable for me, compared to previous versions, had em all since version 7...
Especially for my modest computer build.
Due for a computer upgrade this year I reckon...........

Rattlinjak.
Gday, I just noticed that green rendering bar show up when I hit the Produce button...
Is it supposed to be there? It's sitting there on 100%
Or am I having Driver issues again...? Had a windows update just before I started this edit....!!!!!????
Quote: I haven't tried 314.22. I did try 314.07 without success. Let me know how 314.22 goes.

I also contacted nVidia - they said Cyberlink needs to fix PowerDirector.

Hmm, dont think I'll even bother trying, at this stage..
Got about 10 weddings to edit, dont want any distractions, or possible hold ups...
Go to: