Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio on all projects stopped working on timeline
rattlinjack [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Lake Macquarie, NSW Joined: May 18, 2011 06:40 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Gday as the title says, I no longer have audio on the timeline on any projects created on win10 computer.

Adio works fine in Media Library????

The audio adjustment on the timeline is locked. Wont respond. Desperate to finish projects! Any help would be appreciated.

Screenshot of the audio adjustment button.
[Thumb - Untitled.jpg]
 Filename
Untitled.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
138 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
24 time(s)
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
My suspicion is you have shut off REAL-TIME PREVIEW.

Your AUDIO icon underneath the preview window has a SLASH through it. This indicates you have muted the audio causing it to go into NON REAL-TIME mode. This function serves to lessen the strain on your computer when editing making the preview a little smoother because it's ignoring the audio portion of your timelines.

Just to the left of the speaker icon, under the preview window, there is a dialogue box, click on that and change the setting to REAL-TIME. This depends of course on if this is indeed your issue.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 01. 2017 08:57

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
rattlinjack [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Lake Macquarie, NSW Joined: May 18, 2011 06:40 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My suspicion is you have shut off REAL-TIME PREVIEW.

Your AUDIO icon underneath the preview window has a SLASH through it. This indicates you have muted the audio causing it to go into NON REAL-TIME mode. This function serves to lessen the strain on your computer when editing making the preview a little smoother because it's ignoring the audio portion of your timelines.

Just to the left of the speaker icon, under the preview window, there is a dialogue box, click on that and change the setting to REAL-TIME. This depends of course on if this is indeed your issue.

Spot on Barry!!!!!!

No idea how I did that!!!??? Tho I am in there changing playback resolution all the time, Must have dragged my knuckles across it.

Lesson learned, Thanks HEAPS!