Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Pulsing video in finished PRODUCE , RENDER
rattlinjack [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Lake Macquarie, NSW Joined: May 18, 2011 06:40 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Gday!
Anyone else noticed a PULSING in there video after rendering?
Camera was "canon HFS200"
Footage of 'Pine tree" whilst zoomed in about halfway, shows a slight "pulsing" of about 1/2 second. It's like pulsing in and out of sharpness!!!?????
Original file 1920/1080 24 KBPS looks fine, but "rendered with no affects or sharpening" shows this pulsing problem....
If I add video enhancement and or color adjustment, it becomes even more noticeable.
This make any sense?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Gday!
Anyone else noticed a PULSING in there video after rendering?
Camera was "canon HFS200"
Footage of 'Pine tree" whilst zoomed in about halfway, shows a slight "pulsing" of about 1/2 second. It's like pulsing in and out of sharpness!!!?????
Original file 1920/1080 24 KBPS looks fine, but "rendered with no affects or sharpening" shows this pulsing problem....
If I add video enhancement and or color adjustment, it becomes even more noticeable.
This make any sense?

Did you use Hardware acceleration? (Fast Video Rendering).

If so try to produce without HA, uncheck Fast Video Rendering technology. That will produce using the CPU.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

rattlinjack [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Lake Macquarie, NSW Joined: May 18, 2011 06:40 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
OK, thanks Carl!
Will give that a shot and compare...
will let you know the outcome!
rattlinjack [Avatar]
[Post New]
Semi successful there!
An improvement, but still pulsing.....
What else can I turn off?
Yeah I know, get a better PUTER.....
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Semi successful there!
An improvement, but still pulsing.....
What else can I turn off?
Yeah I know, get a better PUTER.....

May not be your computer! May be your camera.

Are you sure your camera is not hunting for focus, some digital cameras hunt for focus on fast moving objects and if you are moving.

Mount the camera on a solid support (Tripod).
You can test by going to Manual focus, and shooting the tree blowing in the wind.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

rattlinjack [Avatar]
[Post New]
Bingo!!!!!
Thanks heaps Carl, locking the focus, and or left on tripod, all crisp after render, even with heaps of sharpening and color adjustments...

These particular shots were zoomed in, with heaps of detail. As you said leaves blowing in the wind.

Something to look out for when running and gunning, remember to lock that focus when you can..........
Come to think of it, never had this problem with DSLR footage. Always manual focus!
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Bingo!!!!!
Thanks heaps Carl, locking the focus, and or left on tripod, all crisp after render, even with heaps of sharpening and color adjustments...

These particular shots were zoomed in, with heaps of detail. As you said leaves blowing in the wind.

Something to look out for when running and gunning, remember to lock that focus when you can..........
Come to think of it, never had this problem with DSLR footage. Always manual focus!

Great!

I use a combination of manual focus and auto focus.
Depends on what I am shooting. Fireworks shooting into the air, Manual focus at infinity on my video camera.