Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Apologies if I jumped to incorrect conclusions......however, I am dammed if I can find the JVC forum!!!!

When I use the URL you posted I get the message

'Oooops. You don't have sufficient privileges to access this topic '

Also, I am pretty sure I did press the notify link.......apologies again, I must be mistaken.

My previous thread has been deleted by a moderator without any comments. I assume it is because of my expression of dissatisfaction with Cyberlink.

In case it helps, I think it is worth summarising the situation with JVC Camcorders and Cyberlink.

The only products that work are the original Cyberlink OEM Software and Power Director 5 Premium. (Literally, ie no upgrades to the original software will work unless they are premium).

Good luck.
At least I received a quick response.......here it is.......

Truly terrible.........

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.

We understand your concern related with CyberLink software.

We like to inform you that the FAQ's available on our website are for the retail version i.e for the full version of the Power Director 5.0 Premium software.

And as you have purchased 'CyberLink DVD Suite 5' which is a 10-in-1 software suite. And software's included in it are customized software's and has the limited features only. So Power Director software included in it does not supports 'Dolby Digital' audio formats.

We also like to tell you that as you are using a JVC product, only the software bundled with it supports its video files or the Power Director 5.0 Premium(full version) software for editing.

You can take the refund for your purchase of 'CyberLink DVD Suite 5 Pro' and can purchase the Power Director 5.0 Premium software if you want.

NOTE:- Power Director 5.0 Premium software supports the Dolby Digital
audio 2-channel not the 5.1 channel.

Regarding your issue of refund please note that all our sales/refund related issues are handled by our sales partner Element5. Please contact them using the link that follows:

customer_service.html

Other E-mail address: processing@element5.com

Also go through the FAQ section on the above page for more information.

Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for immediate response for your further queries:

index.jsp
Current State is they are saying you need PD5 Premium *sigh*

I have responded, but I am not hopeful. See my topic on Dolby Digital Problem
Bah! this is looking bad.....Looks like the only way is the premium version.
Well I for one am not giving this company anymore money. I am going to find a different product.
Here is my dialog with Tech services, I posted an early question before I found their faq. so it confuses things a little

First question before I had seen the faq
-----------------------------------------------
It seems I have bought the wrong product
I purchased cyberlink 10 suite as you
suggested and I find the audio cannot
be imported, it seems to think the
audio from my camcorder is DD.

Do I now have to upgrade again??? This
is getting ridiculously expensive
vcashish Reply 2007/01/04 10:14
Dear David,

We like to inform you that we have suggested you to download the trial version of the 'CyberLink DVD Suite 5' and try it before the purchase but as you purchased the 'CyberLink DVD Suite 5' please note that 'CyberLink DVD Suite 5' has the customized version of software with it and the cusomized version software does not supports the 'Dolby Digital' audio format.

We like to tell you that Power Director 5.0 Premium software(full version) supports the 'Dolby Digital' audio formats(2 - channel) for editing.

Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for immediate response for your further queries:

index.jsp

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to Cyberlink Products.

Thank You and Best Regards.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Question (Before the first was answered)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Creager David Asked 2007/01/03 04:13
My recent purchase is not working
I am not getting any sound when
importing my files from my JVC (Everio)
Camcorder.

I upgraded the supplied software to
your Cyberlink DVD SUite

I do get sound from the supplied mpg
file "Aquarium.mpg"

The files imported play with sound in
Windows Media Player

I have updated my drivers and I have
reinstalled from scratch the Cyblink
Media product

The files imported have Dolby Digital
Sound, I am expecting the product to
downgrade this.

Please help
vcashish Reply 2007/01/04 10:07
Dear David,

We like to inform you that 'CyberLink DVD Suite 5' has the customized version of software with it and the cusomized version software does not supports the 'Dolby Digital' audio format.

We like to tell you that Power Director 5.0 Premium software(full version) supports the 'Dolby Digital' audio formats(2 - channel).

index.jsp

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to Cyberlink Products.

Thank You and Best Regards.
My Current Response, which I suspect will close the matter

Dissatisified with responses CS000393785 & CS000388009
Can you please be precise in your
answer. I have seen in your
documentation that the retail product
is supposed to downgrade the Dolby
Digital audio into Stereo audio.

Here is the info from your site FAQs
---------------------------
Does PowerDirector support import of
DVD content encoded with Dolby Digital
audio?

PowerDirector is capable to import DVD
content encoded with Dolby Digital
audio. It down-mixes Dolby Digital
audio into 2-channel stereo.

----------------------------

Why is this not happening.

Why was I not advised of this when I
asked about the JVC camera? Saying
that you suggested I download the trial
is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

I am becoming convinced that you are
one of these scamming companies I am
not giving you anymore money until I
receive an adequate answer.

If I do not, I will attempt to recover
the money I have already spent via my
credit card company
Jennifer,

If you can stand to wait until I get a reply from support you should. I promise I will post here with the results.

I have full retail PD 5 and have the audio problem. I suspect the answer is going to be I have to upgrade to PD5 Premium *sigh* (I bought PD5 retail a couple of weeks ago!)

David
I bought a JVC Everio Camera and received the OEM Cyberlink Suite. The Disc became damaged, and after trying unsuccessfully to get a replacement (from Cyberlink and JVC) I bought Cyberlink DVD Suite 5. (Retail)

I now find I cannot use Power Director or Power Producer to process the files from my camera.

I suspect it is a problem with the fact that these files have DD audio and the express version does not process this. However, I believed that the retail versions of these should process the audio, although outputting Stereo Audio rather than DD.

The supplied Aquarium mpg file plays fine in Powerdirector, my camera files play fine in windows media player. I have reinstalled (after fully uninstalling) and updated my drivers.

Anyone got any ideas how I can sort this out?

I have placed a question on the Tech Support system, however it seems to take ages to get anywhere.....(One factor is I am in the UK so time zones seem to cause a minimum of 24 hours between each interaction)

Go to: