Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dolby Digital Problem
Creager [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 13, 2006 06:10 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
My previous thread has been deleted by a moderator without any comments. I assume it is because of my expression of dissatisfaction with Cyberlink.

In case it helps, I think it is worth summarising the situation with JVC Camcorders and Cyberlink.

The only products that work are the original Cyberlink OEM Software and Power Director 5 Premium. (Literally, ie no upgrades to the original software will work unless they are premium).

Good luck.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: My previous thread has been deleted by a moderator without any comments. I assume it is because of my expression of dissatisfaction with Cyberlink.

In case it helps, I think it is worth summarising the situation with JVC Camcorders and Cyberlink.

The only products that work are the original Cyberlink OEM Software and Power Director 5 Premium. (Literally, ie no upgrades to the original software will work unless they are premium).

Good luck.

Your posting has NOT been deleted. It has been moved to a new forum for JVC users. You have also had a reply posted!

Please look up your posting here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/677.page

I referred your concerns to CyberLink and received a next day reply. Perhaps you should read it. I'm surprised you didn't tick the box about receiving notification of a reply, if you had you would know where to look!

This is a JVC issue and should be posted in the new forum - it will be transferred shortly. I'll give Creager time to FIND the posting and then move it.

Dafydd

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jan 05. 2007 17:13

Creager [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 13, 2006 06:10 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Apologies if I jumped to incorrect conclusions......however, I am dammed if I can find the JVC forum!!!!

When I use the URL you posted I get the message

'Oooops. You don't have sufficient privileges to access this topic '

Also, I am pretty sure I did press the notify link.......apologies again, I must be mistaken.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Apologies if I jumped to incorrect conclusions......however, I am dammed if I can find the JVC forum!!!!

When I use the URL you posted I get the message

'Oooops. You don't have sufficient privileges to access this topic '

Also, I am pretty sure I did press the notify link.......apologies again, I must be mistaken.

Hi,

The PowerDirectorJVC forum has only just been set up, something I wanted for JVC users ..... to have a place, to look for answers. I understand the viewing problem... it will be corrected asap. It is only viewable for me after I login. I'll get that corrected.

I do delete postings...very few. Mostly postings which are under the wrong heading (they would be a tangential distraction) and are asked to post again under a new heading. I have to date only had one obnoxious posting on this forum which I immediately deleted and I haven't a clue why it was posted. In general I like to see postings answered and I'd like to see more of us helping each other.

I was disappointed to read of your problems in your original posting and wanted to make sure you were answered. I have CDS5 Suite and PDr5P on my computers and I'm happy with the configurations. Your JVC camera was supplied with a SPECIAL BUILD version of PowerDirector Express etc this was a slightly better version than the standard PDex released. After that everything went pear shaped when you bought CDS thinking it contained the same capable product and it didn't. PDr5P is what an editor needs - it has refinements that allows one to output a better and classier finished video..... it would have been my choice to purchase.

Best of luck.

Dafydd

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jan 06. 2007 07:05