Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dolby Digital Problem
Creager [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 13, 2006 06:10 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I bought a JVC Everio Camera and received the OEM Cyberlink Suite. The Disc became damaged, and after trying unsuccessfully to get a replacement (from Cyberlink and JVC) I bought Cyberlink DVD Suite 5. (Retail)

I now find I cannot use Power Director or Power Producer to process the files from my camera.

I suspect it is a problem with the fact that these files have DD audio and the express version does not process this. However, I believed that the retail versions of these should process the audio, although outputting Stereo Audio rather than DD.

The supplied Aquarium mpg file plays fine in Powerdirector, my camera files play fine in windows media player. I have reinstalled (after fully uninstalling) and updated my drivers.

Anyone got any ideas how I can sort this out?

I have placed a question on the Tech Support system, however it seems to take ages to get anywhere.....(One factor is I am in the UK so time zones seem to cause a minimum of 24 hours between each interaction)

JENNIFER [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Southern California Joined: Jan 03, 2007 23:58 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
i hope someone answers this cause I am having the same issues with 4.0. i also had the version that came with my jvc camcorder, and lved it, but lost the disk and recently crashed. i purchased the 4.0 and now have no sound....dolby digital issue, and theyw ant me to buy 5.0 ....but now I am afraid the same issue will happen. the software is useless if the sound can not be heard....
Glad to know I am not the only one witha muted movie here, lol!!!
Someone HELP~!!!!!!!! having 4 kids is similar to be
Douglass [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 01, 2007 18:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same troubles. I have completly uninstalled all players thinking there was a conflict but no help. Please help also!!!!
Creager [Avatar]
[Post New]
Bah! this is looking bad.....Looks like the only way is the premium version.
Well I for one am not giving this company anymore money. I am going to find a different product.
Here is my dialog with Tech services, I posted an early question before I found their faq. so it confuses things a little

First question before I had seen the faq
-----------------------------------------------
It seems I have bought the wrong product
I purchased cyberlink 10 suite as you
suggested and I find the audio cannot
be imported, it seems to think the
audio from my camcorder is DD.

Do I now have to upgrade again??? This
is getting ridiculously expensive
vcashish Reply 2007/01/04 10:14
Dear David,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.

We understand your concern related with CyberLink software.

We like to inform you that we have suggested you to download the trial version of the 'CyberLink DVD Suite 5' and try it before the purchase but as you purchased the 'CyberLink DVD Suite 5' please note that 'CyberLink DVD Suite 5' has the customized version of software with it and the cusomized version software does not supports the 'Dolby Digital' audio format.

We like to tell you that Power Director 5.0 Premium software(full version) supports the 'Dolby Digital' audio formats(2 - channel) for editing.

Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for immediate response for your further queries:

index.jsp

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to Cyberlink Products.

Thank You and Best Regards.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Question (Before the first was answered)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Creager David Asked 2007/01/03 04:13
My recent purchase is not working
I am not getting any sound when
importing my files from my JVC (Everio)
Camcorder.

I upgraded the supplied software to
your Cyberlink DVD SUite

I do get sound from the supplied mpg
file "Aquarium.mpg"

The files imported play with sound in
Windows Media Player

I have updated my drivers and I have
reinstalled from scratch the Cyblink
Media product

The files imported have Dolby Digital
Sound, I am expecting the product to
downgrade this.

Please help
vcashish Reply 2007/01/04 10:07
Dear David,

We like to inform you that 'CyberLink DVD Suite 5' has the customized version of software with it and the cusomized version software does not supports the 'Dolby Digital' audio format.

We like to tell you that Power Director 5.0 Premium software(full version) supports the 'Dolby Digital' audio formats(2 - channel).

Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for immediate response for your further queries:

index.jsp

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to Cyberlink Products.

Thank You and Best Regards.
My Current Response, which I suspect will close the matter

Dissatisified with responses CS000393785 & CS000388009
Can you please be precise in your
answer. I have seen in your
documentation that the retail product
is supposed to downgrade the Dolby
Digital audio into Stereo audio.

Here is the info from your site FAQs
---------------------------
Does PowerDirector support import of
DVD content encoded with Dolby Digital
audio?

PowerDirector is capable to import DVD
content encoded with Dolby Digital
audio. It down-mixes Dolby Digital
audio into 2-channel stereo.

----------------------------

Why is this not happening.

Why was I not advised of this when I
asked about the JVC camera? Saying
that you suggested I download the trial
is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

I am becoming convinced that you are
one of these scamming companies I am
not giving you anymore money until I
receive an adequate answer.

If I do not, I will attempt to recover
the money I have already spent via my
credit card company
Creager [Avatar]
[Post New]
At least I received a quick response.......here it is.......

Truly terrible.........

Dear David,

We like to inform you that the FAQ's available on our website are for the retail version i.e for the full version of the Power Director 5.0 Premium software.

And as you have purchased 'CyberLink DVD Suite 5' which is a 10-in-1 software suite. And software's included in it are customized software's and has the limited features only. So Power Director software included in it does not supports 'Dolby Digital' audio formats.

We also like to tell you that as you are using a JVC product, only the software bundled with it supports its video files or the Power Director 5.0 Premium(full version) software for editing.

You can take the refund for your purchase of 'CyberLink DVD Suite 5 Pro' and can purchase the Power Director 5.0 Premium software if you want.

NOTE:- Power Director 5.0 Premium software supports the Dolby Digital
audio 2-channel not the 5.1 channel.

Regarding your issue of refund please note that all our sales/refund related issues are handled by our sales partner Element5. Please contact them using the link that follows:

customer_service.html

Other E-mail address: processing@element5.com

Also go through the FAQ section on the above page for more information.

index.jsp
JENNIFER [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Southern California Joined: Jan 03, 2007 23:58 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I got a similar email in regards to my question to them as well, they said to upgrade to 5 to have the sound of DD to be recognized. I am fine with thta, but before I make that purchase I am clearly interested in if in FACT the Premium 5 will recognize ALL components of my JVC GZ-MG21U the same way the software that was included with my 700 purchase of this camera that is useless without a dvd editing program. My fault for losing the disk, but now I want a new one, and already wasted money on 4...anyone witht he same camera and 5 premium would help me in knowing if its worth the 75 bucks to get 5....I do NOT want a half **** program, I am not in the market if making silent films, lol!!!
Thanks! having 4 kids is similar to be
Douglass [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 01, 2007 18:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Everyone I am having the same troubles & thought I was doing a good thing by upgrading for my new JVC. NOT. please keep in mind you can go to download.com to stress your concerns with any potential buys. I plan to do that.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Dear All,

I decided to refer your earlier postings to Cyberlink to get a definitive answer for each of you. I'm glad this has been done.

I think I'm right in assuming that the CyberLink software which came WITH your JVC cameras would be able to process the captured footage. It is not correct to assume that CyberLink should replace a special build product provided by the camera retailer which you've lost or damage. Your recourse should be to the camera supplier and see if you can get a replacement.

PowerDirector Express is a lower capability version.

CDS 5 Suite contains a collection of software products and is great value for what it contains.

PowerDirector 5 Premium... will edit your video footage and has greater refinements than the express version. I'm surprised PDr5P wasn't your first choice, it would have been mine! I would also have checked the specifications required by my camera and noted PDr5P fulfilled these.

Definitive information: This is caused by PowerDirector and PowerProducer build in DVD suite 5 not having Dolby Digital Consumer Decoder (DDCD) that's why PDR and PP will not process the video footage. This is product limitation. Users may upgrade to the Retail version or use the version that came with the JVC camcorder and the problem is resolved.

Dafydd

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Jan 05. 2007 07:58

JENNIFER [Avatar]
[Post New]
I upgraded to the premium 5 this week, and it has cured my dolby digital sound issues, now I just need to get it to pass the burn phase, but thats a differet Oprah.

My suggestion, buy the 5 if you can not locate original product that came with camera, I know I lost mine, and boght 4, but with no DD I had to break open my wallet, well worth the money IF I can get it to burn.

Just letting you know that 5 WILL solve any DD issues you have with other builds besides what came with our cameras!!! having 4 kids is similar to be