Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I also noted some quality problems when exporting to MP4, pixelations, color changes, etc from mpegs to mp4s.

Of course taking down the bit rate from a MPG 9Mbps to a 1Mbps MP4 would decrease quality, but disabling Hardware Acceleration (in the export tab) seemed to be the solution for me. I also note no significant time and speed difference using Hardware Acceleration or not, maybe my CPU is strong enough to do the same as Hardware Accel. does. Not sure why

If I have some more time later. I'll try to post some video samples and more details about hardware used.
Hello People.

First thanks to BarryTheCrab that guided me to this thread.

I've read roughly the posts and I totally agree with many of you that NOBODY here is trying to promote another soft.

If CL understands that, I think NO post here, should be removed.

Instead, all of us are using PD, so this means that we like it and we want to improve it as much as possible.
Since it is the first 64bit native video editor and it is really faster than many others, everything what we can do is just to expect the most, the best of it.

I want to leave clear that I am NOT saying that it is not good enough, instead It could be better.

About the right time to do that and some comments from "Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko" (whom I respect so much for his time and very usefull help in this forum) well it is understandable that some features cannot be added right now or in current version, there maybe plenty of reasons, not just technical ones.

But It is also true that everything can be done with some effort and after all, everything what we are doing is to SUGESST CL to improve and giving them new ideas as customers and users, who are definitely the most proper ones to do that. We use PD so We really know what we need about video editing.

I started using it this year, I've tried with other software, and I finally decided to get PD9 ultra. so I think It's one of the best, with plenty of possibilities and with plenty to improve or enhance . . .

My idea that I've previously posted and BarryTheCrab answered is not only to support plugins from other companies, but also to leave the end user an open API so that programmers can add their own DLLs with custom video effects to PD9, mayby with a DLL and some config files. they could also be submitted to DirectorZone or CL in order to put them available to others if the author agrees.

I'll look for that suggestion and I'll post to CL if I do not find it alreaady.

Thank you everybody for all of your comments.
Really very usefull. I'll try to keep in touch with threads like this, but since I have little time, it's possible that some time (weeks or months) may pass before.

On the other hand I'm using PD almost once a week to process videos and I'm frequently connected through PD interface, but not sure how to post or see posts from within the program. I think only from web is possible.

Regards, Eze
Hello everybody. I know this post is a bit old, but I ran into the same question with no solution ( I mean, answer is just "no").

As posted in other topics in this forum, the term "effects" in power director mean something like "processing video image" but in directorzones, effects are just moving particles, objects, adding titles, background image, with some motion.

Many of them can be easily built from scratch, but of course, they can save time and give many ideas.

What I understand the original questions mean is "effect" in the first sense: "processing video image" which are not so trivial to build and sometimes it's not possible unless programming powerdirector or adding dlls.

Of course, It cannot be done by end users, but It would be good if Cyberlink could offer some "addons" for effects to donwload like an extention pack to install in an existing PD, but with real video effects, not only particles, images and DVD menus, or maybe just, leaving an API open to users, so that video image processing and complex effects can be developed and easily added by end users.

Has anybody found a solution to this?

Regards, Eze

Hello, I recently updated power dvd 10 to revision 2701 and I'm having audio issues. The same issues I had with power director 9 ultra 64 when I firstly downloaded and install it. For PD9 I solved updating with last patch, but for power dvd 10 I don't know what to do.

In my case my problem is that audio speed for some MPG videos stored on my computer (not a disc dvd o blu ray) is faster than it should be, so it sounds like a funny noise instead of normal voices and sound, like a "mickie mouse effect".

I think it's a bug, but if anybody finds a solution, please let me know.

About version, I'm still not sure which one I have, It 's the one in media suite 9 ultra, dunno If it is power dvd 10 standard or ultra. Anyone can tell me how to find out exact version? "About" dialog just says power dvd 10 so i think it's standard, but the same happens for Media Suite, It says "Media Suite 9" but I purchased "ultra" version. so I'm a bit confused about versioning too.

Regards, Eze
Thanks everybody for your advices and help. Yes, as garicoh7, I'm also very new to PD9 and video editing.

My pc is quad core intel icore7, hyperthreading and turbo boost features available, 4 GB of RAM and 1gb of dedicated video memory, card nvidia with CUDA so I think it's enough to do video editing. Moreover, I've been analyzing resources while authoring and memory, cpu, disk reading transfer rate and none of them were at maximum values, that's why I think that with good advices as yours, It can be improved.

CPU (total) was between 25 and 50%, memory around 50% and disk reading (there was no writing practically at that moment) around 1MB/s (disk is SATA3 interface, 500 gb of disk space)

I'll continue researching and I also understand there are tasks that must use the needed time, minutes, hours, days and there's no way to speed them up more.
I understand that video processing is one of the most resource consuming tasks that a computer can do.

About my 4-hour video in just one DVD, of course it was in low quality, not high.
I've been doing various tests with different qualities and different video lengths. For 1-hour video (the first quarter of the 4-hour one, same video), it took 3h20min to do DVD authoring (in HQ DVD quality) and then around 10 or 15 minutes more to burn disc. Of course it was fewer video time and fewer chapters, but same menu template.

I also observed a detail while dvd authoring was in process, for the 1h video 720x480 mpeg2: the process that was using mostly the cpu (but only 25%, sometimes 50%, not all cores were used nor at the maximum frequency) was MenuMotionGenerator, so I think that the menu template I choose was complex.

Besides all this, and assuming DVD authoring is lasting the needed time, I find no reason for making changes in the Chapters' title position (it is just moving a simple text box over the fixed screen) has that slow refreshing. At that time there's no video processing or play, so I think that´s another problem.

Best Regards,
Eze

Hello, I have the same problem!!
Any help from anybody will be appreciated.

I took me almost 24 hours to create just one DVD in low quality (4 hours of videoand and 20 chapters). When I tried to do it in HQ DVD format (no matter DVD space) It was 4% after 8 hs. The slowest process was always DVD authoring, not burning the disc.

My pc is quad core, 1.6 Ghz and 4GB of RAM, video card with 1GB of dedicated memory. Shouldn't it be faster?

I'm planning to do a full reinstallation of OS + PD9, but in the meantime, I'm trying to find a faster solution.

I found a workaround in the Quick Start Guide, last page, which may help, but I could not test it, yet. The guide says that it is convenient to edit the video, save it as one video file and then reopen it with PD to do DVD authoring and disc burning or use another software for disc burning ¿power producer, maybe?. Of course it's not a solution, just a workaround. As you say, a "blazing speed 64 bit, multicore optimized soft" like PD9 should be capable of doing editing and disc creation in the same project.

Please check if you want the Quick Start Guide, last page, title "Work Arounds"
at http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/userguide_en_US.html

Another issue I'm experiencing that's really anoying when positioning elements in a menu template (such as chapter titles), refreshing and dragging them last several seconds to show. It's another problem related to PD9 and DVD creation.

I also updated my video card driver and PD9 to last build 2703 but that did not solve the problem.

If I found another solution to this problem, I'll let you know through this forum and please if you find it, post it here.
Contacting technical support is also possible.

Regards, Eze
Thanks for your reply hondaf17, by the way, I see you applied two consecutive patches, it should be necessary to apply the last one, which includes all previous ones. That was one of my doubts and I've been told that last patch is enough, in this forum.

About the MPG format, the one that has known problems is mostly MPEG-1. The adviced solution for that is to reencode to mpeg2 or apply last patch for PD (and maybe your video card driver too), as you did.

Thanks, Eze
I'm sorry, I don't understand. My version of power director is the last one: Power Director 9 Ultra 64 bits.
I just posted a question in the wrong forum (an old one).

Is it possible to move these posts so that they can be useful to others in PD 9 fourm?

Regards, Eze
Thanks a lot HalCon!!

Yes, you are right I should have posted in a power director 9 forum.
I'll ty to find more proper forums for my future questions, these are just one of my first posts and I guess I didn't search well.

Eze
Sorry some more questions about versioning:

1) Patch says "Power Director 9", is it suitable for Power Director 9 Ultra 64 as well or not? (Since I'm new to cyberlink, I'm afraid of breaking my current installation)

2) Some patches says "only for retail and online versions": what's a retail version and non-retail? "online purchase" means purchased by downloading (not in a software box/package)? Just to be sure applying proper patches.

3) Though there are some patches with build number higher to my cyberlink soft builds in the site, the update dialog in my software says "there's no updates available". Why?

Thanks again,
Eze
Hello, I have a similar question about patches but for PD 9 ultra 64.
I've purchased (by downloading) Power Director 9 Ultra 64 a few days ago.
I see some patches available in the support tab for PD 9 with different build numbers.

The release date is older than the download date but the build number is higher than the one appearing in my "about dialog".

1) Should I apply the last patch or not?

2) I am assuming that release number is the last number appearing after version, like this "9.0.0.2316" (in the "about dialog" in my software), so I think it is build "2316". Is that right?

Thanks in advance!
Eze
I'm just trying with MediaExpresso, It calls my attention that original video is played fine with that program, so it really is a bug in PD9. Any Solution?
Hello,

I have the same problem.
I'm using PowerDirector 9 Ultra full version, Windows 7 64 bit and a quad icore 7 intel processor.

I recently dowloaded and install it, so I think i have the last version.

Some Videos in MPEG-1, mono are reproduced faster than they should (audio and image). When i drag them to the video timeline, only audio seems to be more quick than normal.

Is there any solution for this now?

I've updated my nvidia GT 320M to the lastest driver (otherwise PD didn't start). Some videos seems normal.

Please any help will be appreciated!
I'm new to PD9

Thanks in advance!
Eze
Go to: