Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
patches
Ron [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2008 00:28 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
does each new patch include the previous patches. or do you have to install each patch when doing a fresh install ?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Just install the latest patch as it contains all previous update material and corrections.

Dafydd

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4395.page
Ron [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2008 00:28 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
thanks for the reply
[Post New]
Hello, I have a similar question about patches but for PD 9 ultra 64.
I've purchased (by downloading) Power Director 9 Ultra 64 a few days ago.
I see some patches available in the support tab for PD 9 with different build numbers.

The release date is older than the download date but the build number is higher than the one appearing in my "about dialog".

1) Should I apply the last patch or not?

2) I am assuming that release number is the last number appearing after version, like this "9.0.0.2316" (in the "about dialog" in my software), so I think it is build "2316". Is that right?

Thanks in advance!
Eze Regards, Eze
[Post New]
Sorry some more questions about versioning:

1) Patch says "Power Director 9", is it suitable for Power Director 9 Ultra 64 as well or not? (Since I'm new to cyberlink, I'm afraid of breaking my current installation)

2) Some patches says "only for retail and online versions": what's a retail version and non-retail? "online purchase" means purchased by downloading (not in a software box/package)? Just to be sure applying proper patches.

3) Though there are some patches with build number higher to my cyberlink soft builds in the site, the update dialog in my software says "there's no updates available". Why?

Thanks again,
Eze Regards, Eze
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Eze,

You will get better assistance by posting your questions on the Power Director 9 forum.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/67.page

Quick answers for you.
1. - If the patch is for Power Director 9 it is suitable for Ultra if retail or download version
2. - Non-retail is a bundled version included with some cameras or computers. Generally a lesser version than the Ultra. Retail/online purchased is the full version purchased.
3. - Updates refer more to program updates ie: Version 8 to Version 9 etc. Patches are to correct known issues or problems. (ususally referenced in the build number)

You are correct in that the last 4 digits are the build number. It is generally best to have the highest build number for your version. You need only apply the latest patch. (2504 I think for PD9)

Hal OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
[Post New]
Thanks a lot HalCon!!

Yes, you are right I should have posted in a power director 9 forum.
I'll ty to find more proper forums for my future questions, these are just one of my first posts and I guess I didn't search well.

Eze Regards, Eze
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Don’t you thing that you have to move on an grow up to a newer version?. Like PD9 to we all get in the same mod?
[Post New]
I'm sorry, I don't understand. My version of power director is the last one: Power Director 9 Ultra 64 bits.
I just posted a question in the wrong forum (an old one).

Is it possible to move these posts so that they can be useful to others in PD 9 fourm?

Regards, Eze Regards, Eze
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Ask Mrs. D
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Eze,

You don't have to have it moved. You will be fine. You got your questions answered, and I know that you will ask your next questions in the PD9 forum.

Welcome to the forums, by the way.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube