Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Jim -

You're absolutely right. The word "CYBERLINK" is locked into the animation, which can only be changed/removed by editing to 150 separate animation files... then replacing them in the template folders.

Here are some modified versions, which were made by doing just that:

News 1 News 2

They look like this...

These two are much simpler variations (no animation)

Basic News 1 Basic News 2

Cheers - Tony
The tutorials & article I referenced explain it much better, but...

That folder contains everything I'd need if I ever wanted to re-edit this video.

Having all the assets packed in a folder with the project file make it completely transportable AND it keeps everything safe & organised.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Joshem -

The simplest way to do that is to import your image (the frame, border, patch) into Title Designer & place your text on top of it. Title Designer only allows images to fade in/out, so if you want the graphic to have motion it needs to be done in PiP Designer.

Hopefully, the two attached images will give you a starting point. I've also attached the .png image used in the screenshots if you want to have a play with it.

Cheers - Tony
Your workflow seems to be in need of "tidying up". I can't understand why you needed to download your produced video from Vimeo so you could upload it to YouTube. Did you not still have the original produced file stored on your PC?

Once you start a project and save it, the project file (.pds) and all your media (videos, images & audio) should still be available to you on your PC.

If you pack the project, the .pds file and all your media will be copied into a new folder. That's the best way to go about it if you need to work on the project in different locations. It also ensures that all your assets are neatly filed in the one place.

Please take a look at these two tutorials on Project Management - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAOnn8g0C_o & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2CYLYIynB0 Following similar procedures, it's unlikely you'd be having such difficulties.

There's also an article in the PD Forum Users Newsletter called Backup vs. Packup which might be of use.

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸><(((('>

Not sure what the issue might be with your CL Cloud uploads. In PDR Preferences, under CyberLink Cloud, try clearing your offline cache & signing out of CL Cloud service completely.

1. Click on Account Information > Sign in using your CL login details & confirm that all is OK with your account.

2. Close PDR then open a small project.

3. Go to File > Upload Project to CL Cloud or Pack & upload

Still get the same error?

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸><(((('>

On the failed WMV issue, could you please use the sample clip "Kite Surfing.wmv" & produce to WMV 9 1280x720/30p (6Mbps)? Does the produced file play back in PDR? Does it play back in a media player on your PC?

If that fails, could you please post the MediaInfo for the produced file?

Cheers - Tony
Hi laserdoc -

Is the WMV/YouTube issue somehow related to CL Cloud project uploads? or a separate thing?

Here, I have no issues uploading projects to CL Cloud, whether I just upload the project file or pack it first.

A WMV file won't playback on your PC or YouTube? Really?

Could you please outline the steps you're taking to:

1. upload your project to CL Cloud

2. produce & upload your WMV file

Cheers - Tony
Hi Matt -

Yes - a disappointing not to get a response, but you ploughed ahead and got what you wanted anyway.

PDR actually has a built-in way to add a timestamp & its easily configurable. Have a look in the FX library for one called "Time Stamp"

Here's what the various options look like.

Cheers - Tony
That's right. The bitrate under Video should help you determine a good setting for producing.

If it's screen captures you're editing, the VBR is likely to be fairly low, depending on your capture software settings.

Cheers - Tony
Thanks for checking it out tomasc.

I can modify the template from the timeline & get the right result. It's only when it's saved as a template. The thing I cannot fathom is how setting an opacity keyframe has any impact on the motion set.

I have no Win7 PC, but it could well be something about my system. I've since checked on two other Win10 PCs and the issue doesn't arise. The template previews correctly & plays back correctly in the timeline, as yours did.

Good to know it's not a widespread problem.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Diogo1123 -

Far from being confused, I'd say your understanding is pretty good! laughing

Action videos need higher bitrate (VBR). That's why action cameras (like GoPro) can record up to 100Mbps. Those high bitrates result in much larger file sizes.

Using a UHD source clip shot at 60Mbps, I produced to AVC H.264 MP4 at various resolutions and bitrates. You can see it's the bitrate, not resolution, that makes the most significant difference to file size.

The other complication you have (we all do) is what YouTube does when it processes the video...

Cheers - Tony
If you just double click that "Some Lower Thirds".dzl file, the templates will be installed in your PiP Objects library.

In the attached screenshot, mine are under Custom. Yours will show up in "Downloaded".

That other issue I mentioned is posted here.

Cheers - Tony
This could easily have been posted in the PDR14 forum, because the same thing happens. I haven't yet checked earlier versions.

In making a few PiP templates to be used as lower thirds for Angela, I came across an odd glitch that makes it impossible to get what you want out of PiP Designer.

The issue seems to come down to the application of opacity keyframes. If they're not set, the PiP Object behaves as set.

Here's an annotated screen capture showing what happens. This is PDR15, but I got the same thing using PDR14.

Perhaps anyone who cares could see what they get when replicating the steps shown. I've attached the graphic I used for the example, but it equally applies to others.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Lou -

When you insert your SD card, are your photos automatically assigned to your DropBox? You're the boss of what goes where.

If you don't want that, it's probably best to uninstall the DropBox desktop app and do your uploads manually. I ditched mine a good while back for the same reason.

Cheers - Tony
Angela -

The title templates that contain animations are, unfortunately, stuck where they are (as you've discovered).

There are ways around that if you are able to take the time to do it... but it's a bit of a convoluted process. One method is show in this tutorial.

Alternatively, if you're happy to use a simpler lower third/title bar, you could install the bunch of templates attached (it was easier than posting all the links)

OK - so you might like the motion but not the graphics. In that case, use your own lower third graphic and create your own templates by copying & pasting keyframe attributes... or modify to suit your needs.

I came across a strange issue when making these, but I'll post as a separate subject.

Cheers - Tony
Hi pratto10# -

WaveEditor can be used as a standalone, or from within PDR.

The way you adjust volume in both WE & PDR is very similar ...

Cheers - Tony
Hi Randy -

I can replicate exactly what you've reported, but I have no explanation to offer.

Using a bunch of UHD clips from DJI 3 & 4, with a separate audio track, I produced using SVRT & got no audio. With a similar profile used (standard AVC H.264 MP4 3840x2160) the audio was present.

Where are our technical experts?

Timeline screenshot attached.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Matt -

I'm no authority on matters technical, but I have a Logitech C920 & can share my observations. I don't typically use it for capture via PDR.

The CBR & CVBR option in profile setting is Constant BitRate & Constrained Variable BitRate. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable_bitrate

Not sure why, but I get a more consistent frame rate using PDR's Capture than if I use the Logitech software. See attached MediaInfo reports.

Also attached is a screenshot of the profile settings I use. Again - no clue - but even when I set it to "Progressive" I still get interlaced... but not via the Logitech software.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Clark -

There were some title templates posted here that might be useful for you.

Cheers - Tony
Quote A bit tongue in cheek here, I don't offer it as a worthwhile solution but you could do it letter by letter as in the attachment - PDR only smile

Since we're being "cheeky"...

True - in PDR, using separate letters, each letter can be rotated to follow a curve.

Cheers - Tony
I'll echo Carl's "NO".

Graphics software will do it to various degreees of complexity. Even the free Paint.NET has basic text formations filter (some examples are attached).

Title Designer, in PDR, does not have freeform keyframes. PiP Designer does, but only at the 4 corners. Creating a curve would require freeform keyframes along each side. PiP Designer can only distort the shape at each corner.

As fas as I can tell, NewBlue Titler Pro can't do it either.

Cheers - Tony
If you wish, the two produced files can be downloaded from here.

The significant difference in file size is because the PDR14 file was produced using SVRT (~88Mbps) but Camtasia's rendering was limited to ~20Mbps.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Abi -

I think your observation about the preview is right, but please refer to Longedge's comment about the preview screen.

I'm not sure what software you were using in your comparison screenshot. Different NLEs & media players will display colours slightly differently.

Using a reasonably colourful clip from a Canon 70D, I compared the preview display in PDR14 & Camtasia & observed the same difference you stated. See attached screenshot.

BUT - when the clip was produced (with parameters as close as I could get to "same") there was no obvious difference in colour when played back in MPC-HC. See attached screenshots.

Cheers - Tony
Go to: