Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
saving a project to the cyberlink cloud
laserdoc [Avatar]
Member Location: atlanta,ga. Joined: Sep 24, 2015 06:43 Messages: 108 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

For about 6 months or so everytime I try to upload a project to the cyberlink cloud it says it cannot connect to the server. Yes Im logged in. Anyone else having this problem and if so how to resolve the issue?

Thanks to all !!
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

For about 6 months or so everytime I try to upload a project to the cyberlink cloud it says it cannot connect to the server. Yes Im logged in. Anyone else having this problem and if so how to resolve the issue?

Thanks to all !!

I just tried it and had no issues.

Is it possible that you have more than the alloted amount of space on the cloud or that you have exceeded the 1 year time frame?

You may need to buy more space/time if that is important to you.

Sign in to your account and look on eht eleft for "Manage My Subscriptions". The window will tell you how much you have used and the expiration date.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 25. 2017 14:21

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
laserdoc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Thanks to all !!

I just tried it and had no issues.

Is it possible that you have more than the alloted amount of space on the cloud or that you have exceeded the 1 year time frame?

You may need to buy more space/time if that is important to you.

Sign in to your account and look on eht eleft for "Manage My Subscriptions". The window will tell you how much you have used and the expiration date.

I know I have room up there. I most likely exceeded the time frame. The last project I did I produced to vimeo. My client know whats a you tube link instead so I will have to redo the whole thing. I know after I produced the video clip it saves it as a wmv. I can drop that into a new project window but the last time I did that my still shot jpegs did not show up. Only the video and music. I do drone videos for real estate. They are only about 2 and a half to 3 min long so if I have to redo it it is not that big of a deal,,,,,sort of. Unless I can just download the wmv to you tube which I think I can do?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I believe that YouTube will accept a wmv file. UPLOAD it to YouTube using the YouTube Uploader rather than through the program. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
laserdoc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I believe that YouTube will accept a wmv file. UPLOAD it to YouTube using the YouTube Uploader rather than through the program.

Thanks Steve. I shall try it..

Well it did not work. My WMV file does not even play on my computer in the windows player. It says it is missing a codec ????

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 26. 2017 10:07

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi laserdoc -

Is the WMV/YouTube issue somehow related to CL Cloud project uploads? or a separate thing?

Here, I have no issues uploading projects to CL Cloud, whether I just upload the project file or pack it first.

A WMV file won't playback on your PC or YouTube? Really?

Could you please outline the steps you're taking to:

1. upload your project to CL Cloud

2. produce & upload your WMV file

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 27. 2017 16:56

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
laserdoc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi laserdoc -

Is the WMV/YouTube issue somehow related to CL Cloud project uploads? or a separate thing?

Here, I have no issues uploading projects to CL Cloud, whether I just upload the project file or pack it first.

A WMV file won't playback on your PC or YouTube? Really?

Could you please outline the steps you're taking to:

1. upload your project to YouTube

2. produce & upload your WMV file

Cheers - Tony

The upload to the cyberlink cloud and the WMV file are two seperate issues. After finishing a project and downloading it to vimeo my client wanted it on you tube. I was able to go to the vimeo site and download it to me desktop as a mp4 file and dump it into youtube. So that issue is solved.

But I had wanted to dump this project back into power director to tweek somethings and could only find a wmv file on my hard drive of the completed project. I click on it and it would try to open in widows media player but could not play. It said something about codec issues. I thean tried to drop in back into power director to see if it would take it and it would not work. I thought I was going to have to redo the project again.

Thats where I wish I could have saved the project in the cyber link cloud so I could bring it back to work on it. But when I try to upload to the cloud on past projects it always says the server cannot not ne reached and to check my internet connection.

Not sure why it tells me that because I am connected to the internet.

If I cannot dump it into the cloud to bring it back to work on it again if needed where else should I stick it and would it be better to save it and produce it into a AVI file instead?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Your workflow seems to be in need of "tidying up". I can't understand why you needed to download your produced video from Vimeo so you could upload it to YouTube. Did you not still have the original produced file stored on your PC?

Once you start a project and save it, the project file (.pds) and all your media (videos, images & audio) should still be available to you on your PC.

If you pack the project, the .pds file and all your media will be copied into a new folder. That's the best way to go about it if you need to work on the project in different locations. It also ensures that all your assets are neatly filed in the one place.

Please take a look at these two tutorials on Project Management - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAOnn8g0C_o & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2CYLYIynB0 Following similar procedures, it's unlikely you'd be having such difficulties.

There's also an article in the PD Forum Users Newsletter called Backup vs. Packup which might be of use.

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸><(((('>

Not sure what the issue might be with your CL Cloud uploads. In PDR Preferences, under CyberLink Cloud, try clearing your offline cache & signing out of CL Cloud service completely.

1. Click on Account Information > Sign in using your CL login details & confirm that all is OK with your account.

2. Close PDR then open a small project.

3. Go to File > Upload Project to CL Cloud or Pack & upload

Still get the same error?

On the failed WMV issue, could you please use the sample clip "Kite Surfing.wmv" & produce to WMV 9 1280x720/30p (6Mbps)? Does the produced file play back in PDR? Does it play back in a media player on your PC?

If that fails, could you please post the MediaInfo for the produced file?

Cheers - Tony
laserdoc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Your workflow seems to be in need of "tidying up". I can't understand why you needed to download your produced video from Vimeo so you could upload it to YouTube. Did you not still have the original produced file stored on your PC?

Once you start a project and save it, the project file (.pds) and all your media (videos, images & audio) should still be available to you on your PC.

If you pack the project, the .pds file and all your media will be copied into a new folder. That's the best way to go about it if you need to work on the project in different locations. It also ensures that all your assets are neatly filed in the one place.

Please take a look at these two tutorials on Project Management - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAOnn8g0C_o & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2CYLYIynB0 Following similar procedures, it's unlikely you'd be having such difficulties.

There's also an article in the PD Forum Users Newsletter called Backup vs. Packup which might be of use.

Not sure what the issue might be with your CL Cloud uploads. In PDR Preferences, under CyberLink Cloud, try clearing your offline cache & signing out of CL Cloud service completely.

1. Click on Account Information > Sign in using your CL login details & confirm that all is OK with your account.

2. Close PDR then open a small project.

3. Go to File > Upload Project to CL Cloud or Pack & upload

Still get the same error?

On the failed WMV issue, could you please use the sample clip "Kite Surfing.wmv" & produce to WMV 9 1280x720/30p (6Mbps)? Does the produced file play back in PDR? Does it play back in a media player on your PC?

If that fails, could you please post the MediaInfo for the produced file?

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony.

I will have a look at all of this when I get a chance. Might be later this week.

When you say pack can you please explain what this is??

is it in that article you metioned
ynotfish
[Post New]
The tutorials & article I referenced explain it much better, but...

That folder contains everything I'd need if I ever wanted to re-edit this video.

Having all the assets packed in a folder with the project file make it completely transportable AND it keeps everything safe & organised.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Packed Project.png]
 Filename
Packed Project.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
65 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
83 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 28. 2017 18:16