Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PiP Template Opacity Issue
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
This could easily have been posted in the PDR14 forum, because the same thing happens. I haven't yet checked earlier versions.

In making a few PiP templates to be used as lower thirds for Angela, I came across an odd glitch that makes it impossible to get what you want out of PiP Designer.

The issue seems to come down to the application of opacity keyframes. If they're not set, the PiP Object behaves as set.

Here's an annotated screen capture showing what happens. This is PDR15, but I got the same thing using PDR14.

Perhaps anyone who cares could see what they get when replicating the steps shown. I've attached the graphic I used for the example, but it equally applies to others.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - LT_1.png]
 Filename
LT_1.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
29 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
51 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Using LT_1.png I watched and duplicated what you did in PD14. See the video. At first I expected to need to uncheck maintain aspect ratio before moving the opacity keyframe but found it to be not necessary as what you did works just fine. See the attached video.

This is done in with win 7. You may want to try it in a win 7 pc or change the graphics driver in win 10.
 Filename
Capture_6.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
See the fade at beginning of PiP template.
 Filesize
4482 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
397 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for checking it out tomasc.

I can modify the template from the timeline & get the right result. It's only when it's saved as a template. The thing I cannot fathom is how setting an opacity keyframe has any impact on the motion set.

I have no Win7 PC, but it could well be something about my system. I've since checked on two other Win10 PCs and the issue doesn't arise. The template previews correctly & plays back correctly in the timeline, as yours did.

Good to know it's not a widespread problem.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!