Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I change my email address for my forum account?
After enabling media sharing, the PowerDVD server appeared on my home network. I then disabled it with the setting "Do no share media with any home media (DLNA) clients." Despite this change, the PowerDVD still broadcase on my home network. This persisted through reboots. Only uninstalling PowerDVD removed it.

System: Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise x64, CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra Version 12.0.2118a.57.
I enabled media sharing with the setting "Share media in library with all home media (DLNA) clients." I then tried use use a Roku SoundBridge M1001 with it. The SoundBridge was able to connect however the search feature was unavailable. It was able to browse the collection however the browse results were not sorted. Without the ability to search or browse a sorted list it is not feasible to play content. This makes the PowerDVD media sharing feature useless.

System: Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise x64, CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra Version 12.0.2118a.57.
There is an icon in my taskbar notification area that produces a popup reading "CyberLink PowerDVD." Neither left-clicking nor right-clicking on it produces any response. Why does such a useless icon exist? How do I remove it?

System: Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise x64, CyberLink PowerDVD 12 Ultra Version 12.0.2118a.57.
Will CyberLink PowerDVD 10 be patched to work with Microsoft Windows 8?
When I play Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" Blu-ray with PowerDVD 10 logged in with an administrator account, it seems to work properly. When I switch users to a non-administrator user on the same system with the same Blu-ray disc, then PowerDVD 10 reports no disc in drive D:.

Test System: CyberLink PowerDVD 10.0.3507.52, Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 x64
Thanks for the information. I am glad to hear that a more efficient implementation for language management has been used in the newer version.
Thanks for the information "CyberLink-Michael." What are the consequences of disabling all of these?

Surely, there must be a more efficient way to set the correct language of the UI than running a series of programs at every system statup.

I do not have a remote control in my setup. Why is PDVD8Serv.EXE running every startup?
I have "CyberLink Blu-ray Disc Suite" 6.00.2806 installed on a Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64 system. The msconfig program reports 10 Startup Items from CyberLink.

CyberLink MediaLibrary Service "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go\CLMLSvc.exe"
cyberlink brs "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\Shared Files\brs.exe"
MUI StartMenu Application "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\LabelPrint\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe"
MUI StartMenu Application "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\MediaShow4\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe"
MUI StartMenu Application "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe"
PowerDVD RC Service "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\PDVD8Serv.exe"
PowerDVD Language Application "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\Language\Language.exe"
MUI StartMenu Application "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerProducer\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe"
MUI StartMenu Application "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\YouCam\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe"
StartMen Application "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Blu-ray Disc Suite\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe"

Why are these ten programs set to start as soon as and every time the computer is booted?

What do they do?

What is the consequence of disabiling them with msconfig?
I find that CyberLink Power2Go's default settings are to burn to Blu-ray media at maximum speed. Maximum speed is reported as 8x during a recent burning project. I have inserted Memorex BD-R 4x 25GB Single Layer blank media (http://www.memorex.com/en-us/Digital-Storage/Blu-Ray/BD-R-25GB-15-pack/). Is it a defect of Power2Go that the maximum 4x speed of the media is not detected properly? This seems like a serious problem since leaving Power2Go at the default settings could lead to data loss as a result of attempting to burn at a faster rate than the media is capable of.

CyberLink Power2Go HE 6.1.0.3224
LG Blu-ray Drive WH10LS30 (http://www.lgsolutions.com/products/digital-storage/optical-disc-drives/blu-ray-drives-internal/wh10ls30-blu-ray-disc-rewriter-internal-sata-10x-supermulti-blue-lightscribe)
Memorex BD-R 4x 25GB Single Layer Media (http://www.memorex.com/en-us/Digital-Storage/Blu-Ray/BD-R-25GB-15-pack/)
I have an ATI graphics card and I am running the latest drivers from ATI (Catalyst 10.12). The Catalyst Control Center has a Video section. The Basic Quality tab offeres settings for deinterlacing.

PowerDVD has a Configuration dialog with a Video tab. I have "Enable hardware acceleration (ATI Avivo)" checked. I see under the Advanced Video Properties dialog that there are additional settings for deinterlacing.

How can I ensure that settings from the ATI Catalyst Control Center do not conflict with settings in PowerDVD? Which settings take precedence?

Test System: Windows 7 Professional x64, XFX ATI Radeon HD 4890 Graphics Card, ATI Catalyst 10.12, PowerDVD 8.0.3228f.50.
I have not created anything I would consider to be user data while using the CyberLink products included with CyberLink Bly-ray Disc Suite 6. Yet, a C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink folder has been created. I find that there are also "%APPDATA%\CyberLink" and "%LOCALAPPDATA\Cyberlink" folders. Within C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink there are two subfolders: LocalStorage and PowerDVD8.

Why is there a C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\LocalStorage folder? What would be placed there that should not be placed in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Cyberlink?

Why is there a C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink folder? What would be placed there as opposed to %APPDATA%\CyberLink?

Test System: Windows 7 Professional x64, CyberLink Blu-ray Disc Suite 6.00.2806 distribution of PowerDVD 8.0.3707.3228f.
Go to: