Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
10 Startup Items from CyberLink
User08 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2011 14:35 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I have "CyberLink Blu-ray Disc Suite" 6.00.2806 installed on a Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64 system. The msconfig program reports 10 Startup Items from CyberLink.

CyberLink MediaLibrary Service "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go\CLMLSvc.exe"
cyberlink brs "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\Shared Files\brs.exe"
MUI StartMenu Application "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\LabelPrint\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe"
MUI StartMenu Application "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\MediaShow4\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe"
MUI StartMenu Application "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe"
PowerDVD RC Service "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\PDVD8Serv.exe"
PowerDVD Language Application "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\Language\Language.exe"
MUI StartMenu Application "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerProducer\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe"
MUI StartMenu Application "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\YouCam\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe"
StartMen Application "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Blu-ray Disc Suite\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe"

Why are these ten programs set to start as soon as and every time the computer is booted?

What do they do?

What is the consequence of disabiling them with msconfig?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
the MUI applications are for setting the correct language of the UI.

BRS is needed for BD-playback

PDVDxServ.EXE is for Remote control support in PDVD

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
User08 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the information "CyberLink-Michael." What are the consequences of disabling all of these?

Surely, there must be a more efficient way to set the correct language of the UI than running a series of programs at every system statup.

I do not have a remote control in my setup. Why is PDVD8Serv.EXE running every startup?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

the "PDVD8Serv.EXE" is needed for remote control support - if you do not need or use a RC, you can disable it.

for the MUI start and Language EXEs you can also disable them.

In newer versions of our applications we use other way to check and set language.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
User08 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the information. I am glad to hear that a more efficient implementation for language management has been used in the newer version.