Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CyberLink User Directory
User08 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2011 14:35 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I have not created anything I would consider to be user data while using the CyberLink products included with CyberLink Bly-ray Disc Suite 6. Yet, a C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink folder has been created. I find that there are also "%APPDATA%\CyberLink" and "%LOCALAPPDATA\Cyberlink" folders. Within C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink there are two subfolders: LocalStorage and PowerDVD8.

Why is there a C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\LocalStorage folder? What would be placed there that should not be placed in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Cyberlink?

Why is there a C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink folder? What would be placed there as opposed to %APPDATA%\CyberLink?

Test System: Windows 7 Professional x64, CyberLink Blu-ray Disc Suite 6.00.2806 distribution of PowerDVD 8.0.3707.3228f.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
those folders are for the other parts of the Suite you installed.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan