Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The double extension has existed since version 11. I reported it several times but it's never gets fixed.
I'm wanting to build a new computer. I have a 4 core cpu now and wanting to upgrade to a 6 core. My question is will PD utilize all 6 cores? I looked all over the website and couldn't find any answer. Thanks!
Went back to version 11.0.0.2110 and produced the project again. No skipping or locking and the transitions all work fine. I guess I can't ever update or it won't for me.
Finished the new project and the same with the latest patch of 11.0.0.2516 and the same thing happens. Locks up and skips during plays & transitions. I'm reverting backwards again to see if I can convert the new project with out any issue's.
PS, I built this PC just for video editing. I'm sure I could have gotten a better video card but was on budget and figured that would be easy to upgrade at a later date. I'm pretty impressed with how well it runs
Yes I have PD installed on my C drive. I figured it needed to be on the faster drive. Most of my other software is installed on my 2 TB "D" drive. I don't defrag my SSD drive because I read your not suppose to...is this correct? I use a utility called CCleaner to keep my computer cleaned up often. This computer is strictly for video & photo editing. I'm working on another project from scratch with the lastest patch. After I produce I will see if it causes the same issue. Thanks for all your suggestions.
I am on PD11 it's the patch that was dated on 01-24-13 that gave me the issue.
I have a project that I built and had lots of transitions (cross). I installed the update and then went to produce my project and I noticed that the transitions would skip or lockup. I spent 3 days removing transitions and replacing and bunch of other stuff and nothing worked! Then I decided to do a complete remove & install of PD 11 and produced the project again and what do you know all my transitions worked perfect. I feel like I could benefit from the latest patch but not really sure. Also can anyone take a look at my system settings and let me know if there is anything I could do to improve my overall experience with PD?

The version of PD that seems to work is 11.0.0.2110

Thanks for any help with this issue.
Well I was hoping they would have finally fixed this issue that has drove me crazy in Version 10.

When Batch producing files to the IPAD format (.mp4) The file's are saved as "the file name".MP4.MP4.

See images. I've turned this in to support several times with no fix. Has anyone else experienced this?
Charlie...No I don't have the HD previews...but I always used High anyways and that's good enough for my HD videos. What format are you converting out to so I can see if it crashes on me?

Thanks
I don't know. What is 5 levels of quality preview?
Oh my gosh you are a life saver!!!! IT WORKS I HAVE DIVX BACK. Thank you soooo much!!
Yep I got them. Thanks again...gonna try it now. Let you know in a few.
Please PM me the instructions....sorry I asked for your user name because I misread and thought I needed to pm you first...lol. Not enough coffee this am.

Thank you again!
What's your user name? It's not showing up...AND YES I WOULD LOVE INSTRUCTIONS...THIS HAS BEEN DRIVING ME NUTS. Thank you so much!!
Thanks for the info Keving. Do you know if you can use 9 32 bit on a 64bit OS? At this point I'm asking for a refund as they took a feature away from me. Not sure how far I will get...lol.

If I could run both programs on the same OS I would be happy with that as a work around for now. It's too much hassle for me to set up a dual boot just for this. Much easier to Revert back to R8....which I have already done.

Thanks!
I've already read the post about Version 9 Ultra and Divx. However... I have Windows 7 64 bit and before I upgraded I was using R8 and was producing over 100 30 to 40 min files in Divx format without any issue's. then I upgraded and now it's not a option. I even went and purchased the Divx 8 pro (latest version) and that still didn't fix the issue. So I uninstalled and went back to R8 and BOOM!! Divx is back...why is it a option on Version 8 but not in 9.

Another issue with their latest update to R9...I couldn't produced ANY FILE FORMAT IN BATCH PRODUCE WITH OUT IT LOCKING UP. I would uninstall and reinstall the 1st version of R9 Ultra and Batch produce works again. Anyone else havin this issue?
Thanks for your hlep!
How do you mute a whole track? There used to be a option for this and now I can't find it. Please help!
OK in addition to being irritated about the Cross Transitions not being default or at least being able to have a option to choose which to default to...NOW THEY TOOK MY FREEZE FRAME OFF THE TOOL BAR. I finally found it but this is stupid. I guess a lot people don't use it that much...WELL I DO!! We use it in our High School Recruiting videos to stop the play in action for a quick second to show where the player in on the screen. Would like to see it back on the tool bar please.
Go to: