Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Version 9: clips un-muted
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
I was working on a project in version 8, and decided to upgrade to version 9. (No lectures, please.)

All of the clips that had been muted were no longer muted.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 25. 2010 09:44

Jerry Schwartz
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, apparently it doesn't save that when saving the project. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Yes, apparently it doesn't save that when saving the project.

Ack! It never occurred to me that Version 9 would ALWAYS unmute clips when loading a project, even one that was created from scratch in Version 9.

I might understand what the developers have intended: that muting a clip is a feature used during editing, and that the "right" way to do it permanently is to unlink the audio and delete it. This actually makes sense, if you think about it (although I have no idea who you would change your mind).

I think I might go for the refund. Version 8 was working for me, I bought the upgrade mostly because I like to live on the bleeding edge; but I'm becoming anemic. Jerry Schwartz
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
OK,
The unmuting issue is known and reported.

PD9 offers a number of alternative actions which you may like to adopt rather than seek out "mute".
Whole timeline to "Enable/Disable" track - this provides a way to shut off the track in Edit AND in Produce.
You can also unlink a video and audio and remove the whole audio or video.
There is also the usual Split > highlight and delete.
Use the 100 tracks to place clips and separate.

Start looking "out of the box" with PD9 and look to adopt a different style of editing.

I know the current build of PD9 has problems - all senior members here are aware of every little issue you have mentioned.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 25. 2010 16:16

Amy113071 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 05, 2010 18:41 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
How do you mute a whole track? There used to be a option for this and now I can't find it. Please help!
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
How do you mute a whole track? There used to be a option for this and now I can't find it. Please help!

Click on the "eye" icon on each track you want to mute(disable), it will turn to a Red X. This action is also saved in the project file when reopening the project.

Regards,

KEvin
[Thumb - Mute Track.PNG]
 Filename
Mute Track.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Mute Entire Track
 Filesize
30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
188 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 31. 2010 13:33

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Amy113071 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 05, 2010 18:41 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your hlep!