Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
01-24-13 update having issue's with transitions.
Amy113071 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 05, 2010 18:41 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
I have a project that I built and had lots of transitions (cross). I installed the update and then went to produce my project and I noticed that the transitions would skip or lockup. I spent 3 days removing transitions and replacing and bunch of other stuff and nothing worked! Then I decided to do a complete remove & install of PD 11 and produced the project again and what do you know all my transitions worked perfect. I feel like I could benefit from the latest patch but not really sure. Also can anyone take a look at my system settings and let me know if there is anything I could do to improve my overall experience with PD?

The version of PD that seems to work is 11.0.0.2110

Thanks for any help with this issue.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
34 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
306 time(s)
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Amy113071

Most of us are using the current version. Therefore it is difficult to try to help you since you're at a lower release level.

Suggest you update to the latest release as it is quite free of issues. You probably fixed the original problem when you reloaded PD11. Updating should not affect your case. Win 10, i7
Amy113071 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am on PD11 it's the patch that was dated on 01-24-13 that gave me the issue.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I looked at your dxdiag information and things look good. Just make sure that

1) You have your hard drives defragged and optimized. There are several free defragmenters that do a better job than the one in Windows. Look at c/net.com. This may be of help:
http://download.cnet.com/best-windows-utilities-apps/?tag=rb_content;main
2) That you get rid of junk and temporary files reasonably often. Again c/net.
3) That you get rid of trial and unused programs using an uninstaller. Again c/net.
4) That you have your anti-virus set to not scan everything you write to the computer. Of course it should be active when you are downloading anything from the internet.
5) Don't use your computer for anything else while it is chugging away (encoding).

All are minor things but may save you a bit of time in the long run. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Amy113071 ,

If you care to take a short time and do a search on this forum for issues being resolved by simply removing and then re-installing PD11 you will find a fair number. Most of us do not like downgrading the app when it's running well. Which is why you may find few users at your release level. Win 10, i7
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Amy -

I'd totally support what HDedit & stevek have advised.

Your PC looks fine (way finer than mine!) and shouldn't be having trouble with PD. The maintenance tips Steve has suggested are important to keeping everything running smoothly.

Is PD installed on your C drive? (SSD)

Since re-installing cleared the transition/rendering issue, I'd definitely install the latest patch. I doubt whether the patch itself caused the problem.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Amy113071 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes I have PD installed on my C drive. I figured it needed to be on the faster drive. Most of my other software is installed on my 2 TB "D" drive. I don't defrag my SSD drive because I read your not suppose to...is this correct? I use a utility called CCleaner to keep my computer cleaned up often. This computer is strictly for video & photo editing. I'm working on another project from scratch with the lastest patch. After I produce I will see if it causes the same issue. Thanks for all your suggestions.
Amy113071 [Avatar]
[Post New]
PS, I built this PC just for video editing. I'm sure I could have gotten a better video card but was on budget and figured that would be easy to upgrade at a later date. I'm pretty impressed with how well it runs
All vodi
[Post New]
Amy113071

With a PC that has a fast cpu and at least 6 Gbytes of memory a GPU from a graphics card is barely noticeable.

Win 10, i7
[Post New]
I posted here because it seems to be related to my problem here.
1_CyberLink_PowerDirector11_Ultra_G4_VDE121019-01
upgraded to CL.2516_GM4.5_Patc_VDE130107-01
Error after rendering. Obs: Using SVRT3
Example: File with 2 minutes jumping plays in just 10 sec. MPClassic or WMP, if added to another Editor displays only a black screen with.
Added in the timeline shows PD11 normal, creating a DVD-Video on PD11, flawed transitions.
PD10 in the same project works normal.
When he used the trial version does not remember submitting this error.

I could download PD11 Ultra with the new version?

Have referred to this support also Cyberlink

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Feb 01. 2013 12:51

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Amy113071 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Finished the new project and the same with the latest patch of 11.0.0.2516 and the same thing happens. Locks up and skips during plays & transitions. I'm reverting backwards again to see if I can convert the new project with out any issue's.
Amy113071 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Went back to version 11.0.0.2110 and produced the project again. No skipping or locking and the transitions all work fine. I guess I can't ever update or it won't for me.
[Post New]
I'd post the response from Cyberlink support, I do not know where it is.
I made new question that post here, maybe someone has a good idea to help.

As previous post, Ticket ID: CS001227057
Redid all recommendations and the problem continues, only with a slight difference.
Note: It turns using SVRT3 recording in MPEG2 or DVD
Example: 1 video of 1 minute with 4 or 5 transitions, create a MPEG2 file, when playing a player plays only the 1st trasição.
If I add this file in another editor arise cuts final year of each transition and that the black screen failure and audio.
If finalize DVD presents the PD11 glitch at the end of each transition.
I installed old version of PD11 and works normal from the update around the problem, v2418 / 2516
PD10 on the same PC, and works normal

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 01. 2013 12:52

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
Rocket-Scientist
Senior Member Location: HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA Joined: Apr 23, 2010 10:14 Messages: 288 Offline
[Post New]
playsound,

which version of catalyst (video driver) are you using?

I tried to match what you are doing, but not seeing a problem. Have you tried with sample videos that come with the program? RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
(2 NVME 2TB, 1 SSD 2TB, 3SATA 18TB )
PD18 ULTIMATE 64bit
WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO WIFI MB
RYZEN 7 3700X 8-CORE , 64 GB DDR4
ORSAIR HX1050 watts PSU
[Post New]
Quote: playsound,
I tried to match what you are doing, but not seeing a problem. Have you tried with sample videos that come with the program?

Yes everything is updated, modeboard, Ati HD 6750 - Catalyst 13-1_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql.
Works well in PD10 here.

I did a minimal design facilitates post here.
If someone want and can run on PD11.
Open the folder click PackedProject.pds.
Save MPEG / DVD LP 352x240 - must activate SVRT to give err, or not.
attached a picture of the timeline and video created here.
I hope with the help of the partners of this forum at least know if the problem is only with me or my PC.
 Filename
project svrt err.rar
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
5361 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
379 time(s)
 Filename
64DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
39 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
310 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02. 2013 14:18

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: playsound,
I tried to match what you are doing, but not seeing a problem. Have you tried with sample videos that come with the program?

Yes everything is updated, modeboard, Ati HD 6750 - Catalyst 13-1_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql.
Works well in PD10 here.

I did a minimal design facilitates post here.
If someone want and can run on PD11.
Open the folder click PackedProject.pds.
Save MPEG / DVD LP 352x240 - must activate SVRT to give err, or not.
attached a picture of the timeline and video created here.
I hope with the help of the partners of this forum at least know if the problem is only with me or my PC.

[Problem solved]
Renamed the file extension (. MPG) to (. VOB) now Nero Vision 6 presented the option to stop off scene detection, so no more split file, which caused failure in the joints.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 08. 2013 09:36

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3