Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Thankyou for your reply, Barry. I have had a look at the Smartsound site.. I already have hundreds of royalty-free music tracks through another provider, so I don't really need any music.
Just to clarify... the Magic Music button in Powerdirector does nothing unless you download some music from Smartsound?

Sorry to ask a silly question!
I have PowerDirector 5 vers 2112 Premium. I have been using it happily for some time now. Recently, I have tried using the Magic Music.. (haven't bothered with it until now!) Anyway, when I choose the Magic Music button, I have no music, no files and the 'Smartsound' button does nothing when I click it.

Help! Even though I will probably rarely use it, it should work for me shouldn't it?

I am now completely happy with the program.. All of the functions are working without any problems. My production is looking very good, and it has fulfilled the promise of being an easy-to-use good quality DVD authoring program. I am now loving it!

Good luck with your purchase, I am sure you will be pleased.

It was unfortunate that I spent so much time with so many things going wrong with my initial download, but with the hard copy, you won't have that issue.

I thought it could be useful for some users who are having problems with PowerDirector to know that I definitely had quite a few issues. I ended up re-downloading the main files (6 of them) and re-installed, after uninstalling the first one.

Since my second program download, I have had all functions working correctly and minimal crashes. I have not had a 'broken file' since this second effort, and have been working with the program for a good 6 hours today..

Perhaps it is worth trying if you are having lots of problems

I have the DVD suite and would like it not to start up every time I turn my computer on.. Does anyone know how to stop this automatic startup?
Thanks for your empathy.. my machine is a Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz Hyperthreaded with 2 GB RAM.. I currently have about 17 GB of free space on the hard disk. I think that should be fast enough to use the software successfully. I think I may have to reinstall, or download the program again.

I have also just performed a virus check, using the latest updated file and have no viruses on the machine.

Maybe my download had some kind of corruption, since it seems the errors are happening haphazardly.
How many gremlins do users of PD have to put up with?

Broken files again and again
Titles sometimes work, sometimes not.. sometimes they just won't render except at the start of the project
Audio doesn't always match the video.. ie... the audio from another section of video is somehow attached to a video
Sometimes my 'Create Disc' opens without any problems.. sometimes there is an error

I am frustrated.. any ideas?
What was I thinking! Please ignore the previous happy comments. I was confused.. too many projects on the go. The files that I saved last night are still well and truly broken and I am very annoyed. Sorry about the previous comment. I think I will leave Rich Video off anyway.. less things to go wrong.
Hi,
Thank you so much for the hint about turning off the Rich Video option. I spent about 3 hours last night working on a DVD project, saving every 5-10 minutes and saving under 4 different file names as a backup. But when I went to preview the finished product, all the files were 'broken' !!! I was nearly ready to send off a very unhappy customer letter to Cyberlink asking for my money back! However when I turned off the Rich Video option, all of those saved files have opened and are no longer 'broken' .

I am much happier now! Thank you for saving Cyberlink from my wrath!

Go to: