Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Magic Music
birdlover [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 26, 2006 18:28 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I have PowerDirector 5 vers 2112 Premium. I have been using it happily for some time now. Recently, I have tried using the Magic Music.. (haven't bothered with it until now!) Anyway, when I choose the Magic Music button, I have no music, no files and the 'Smartsound' button does nothing when I click it.

Help! Even though I will probably rarely use it, it should work for me shouldn't it?

Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
My experience tells me it's time for you to visit the Smartsound website.
Look around the Smartsound forum a bit first, it might enlighten you, or help you word your question to them. Try calling also, they are very good at customer service.
By the way, once you try Smartsound files, they are addictive. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
birdlover [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 26, 2006 18:28 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]

Thankyou for your reply, Barry. I have had a look at the Smartsound site.. I already have hundreds of royalty-free music tracks through another provider, so I don't really need any music.
Just to clarify... the Magic Music button in Powerdirector does nothing unless you download some music from Smartsound?

Sorry to ask a silly question!
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
The PD5 version you have should work and contain about 20+- free music files of various genres. For some reason, it seems your Quicktracks did not install properly. The disabled button leaves me without answers. Sorry about that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 11. 2007 19:40

Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
1. Check you've installed smart sound
My Computer/ Hard Drive/Program Files/SmartSound Software folder - just to see if it's there.

2. Uninstall and reinstall PowerDirector and be careful not to prevent a portion from installing.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 12. 2007 12:46