Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
First program download had errors
birdlover [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 26, 2006 18:28 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]

I thought it could be useful for some users who are having problems with PowerDirector to know that I definitely had quite a few issues. I ended up re-downloading the main files (6 of them) and re-installed, after uninstalling the first one.

Since my second program download, I have had all functions working correctly and minimal crashes. I have not had a 'broken file' since this second effort, and have been working with the program for a good 6 hours today..

Perhaps it is worth trying if you are having lots of problems

CC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2006 14:42 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
hi again birdlover,

THANKS so much for posting that info. makes me feel hopeful. see, I bought the product and expect shipment this week. I was thinking that the product simply wouldnt be such a highly rated product if the simple menu function didnt work! that's basic!

(for those who have not read all the posts; i have been using the free trial and my menu page could not be accessed. that's all)

keep on posting tips and hints. thanks again,

CC
birdlover [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 26, 2006 18:28 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]

I am now completely happy with the program.. All of the functions are working without any problems. My production is looking very good, and it has fulfilled the promise of being an easy-to-use good quality DVD authoring program. I am now loving it!

Good luck with your purchase, I am sure you will be pleased.

It was unfortunate that I spent so much time with so many things going wrong with my initial download, but with the hard copy, you won't have that issue.

RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi CC

Make sure when you install PD5, that you have the latest build 2112, if not ask support for it Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
CC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2006 14:42 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Jeffree,
thanks for that. Here's what I thought I would do;

Uninstall the trial version.

Install the new product.

in that order. Can the build # be found under the 'Help About" menu? If I do not have the current build, I would assume I can download a patch set from the main site?

thanks,
CC
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Jeffree,
thanks for that. Here's what I thought I would do;

Uninstall the trial version.

Install the new product.

in that order. Can the build # be found under the 'Help About" menu? If I do not have the current build, I would assume I can download a patch set from the main site?

thanks,
CC

There is a patch to upgrade to 2112, I don't think it's listed on the website.

Help/About, is correct.

Dafydd
cemal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 05, 2006 15:44 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi ,
I bought a new notebook.it's asus f3f. There is a powerDirector and mediashow programs cd's.I installed them to my notebook and I set sony minidv camera from usb port. However when I run power Director programs.I get an error message. it' s [color=red]"initializing analog device... please wait"[/color] then behind [color=blue]"exception ACCESS_VIOLATION (0XC0000005) at address 0x73da498e" [/color]
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Cemal
ACCESS_VIOLATION ( 0xc0000005) is a Windows error code, it may be something to do with IE6, check the Windows support pages for possible solutions.

Regards
Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 06. 2006 02:57

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots