Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Too many gremlins
birdlover [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 26, 2006 18:28 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
How many gremlins do users of PD have to put up with?

Broken files again and again
Titles sometimes work, sometimes not.. sometimes they just won't render except at the start of the project
Audio doesn't always match the video.. ie... the audio from another section of video is somehow attached to a video
Sometimes my 'Create Disc' opens without any problems.. sometimes there is an error

I am frustrated.. any ideas?
CC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2006 14:42 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Hi birdlover,
I totally sympathize with your frustration.. however I haven't had any of these issues. Now I havent been using it that long...maybe 3 weeks.

The only issue I have is trying to get the 'disc menu' button to work. that's it.

I have 1g of memory and a fast disk drive with 250gb of space.

Do you think your machine is configured with enough horsepower? what does yours have?
thanks!
CC
birdlover [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 26, 2006 18:28 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your empathy.. my machine is a Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz Hyperthreaded with 2 GB RAM.. I currently have about 17 GB of free space on the hard disk. I think that should be fast enough to use the software successfully. I think I may have to reinstall, or download the program again.

I have also just performed a virus check, using the latest updated file and have no viruses on the machine.

Maybe my download had some kind of corruption, since it seems the errors are happening haphazardly.
wabru [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Belgium Joined: Nov 06, 2006 05:18 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: The only issue I have is trying to get the 'disc menu' button to work. that's it.
CC

Hi,
I use PD since 1 year without any major problem.
for the "disk menu" I found it works only if I add a small video in the "first play" area. If tou try, let me know the result ?
Regards :
CC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2006 14:42 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
birdlover; that is quite a machine you have. no issues on horsepower for you! honestly, dont know why there are such discrepancies in user experiences.

wabru; i will try your hint today.... lets hope this small fix will change the behavior.

in the meantime, support people out there... shall we file a formal bug report ? thanks!!!

CC
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/505.page