Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
30 Minutes into creating video and program crashes
Burnett [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2006 19:26 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have tried PD on three different pc's thinking that was the problem. To my dismay it is the program. I have wasted so much time trying to produce the same video over and over to have the same outcome. App. 30 minutes into the production the program shuts down. Then when I try to open the project again it closes the program again. I would never have wasted all this time or even bought the program if I had any idea that this happens so much. I did what tech suggested, deleting everything and reistalling the PD. It didn't work - same outcome. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. However, I won't format my hard drive because the laptop I now have is brand new.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have tried PD on three different pc's thinking that was the problem. To my dismay it is the program. I have wasted so much time trying to produce the same video over and over to have the same outcome. App. 30 minutes into the production the program shuts down. Then when I try to open the project again it closes the program again. I would never have wasted all this time or even bought the program if I had any idea that this happens so much. I did what tech suggested, deleting everything and reistalling the PD. It didn't work - same outcome. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. However, I won't format my hard drive because the laptop I now have is brand new.

I'm curious to know more on this issue.
1. What version of PowerDirector are you using and the build number? Look in - Help/About.
2. What are the video file formats (extensions ie avi, mov, mpg) you have in the time-line?
3. What is the video source - video camera, DVD, net download or other and state what the other is?
4. What's your region setting - NTSC or PAL
5. What transitions have you used - how many?
6. List the actions you have taken from time-line to include all the "Create" options. In bullet point (numbered 1,2,3, format) list style.
7. Have you produced a DxDiag.txt file for Tech Support?
Start/run/Write in DxDiag/OK and then save the data as a text file.
8. Have you defragmented your hard drive.... okay I know it's a new computer...?
9. Open the pds file in Notepad and save it as a text file. Right Click on the pds file select Open with/Choose program and select Notepad MAKE SURE the Always box is unticked.

You can attach the information to a posting.

Dafydd
Burnett [Avatar]
[Post New]
I will do my best to answer all questions. By the way. I was able to open the program once, did a few things then it shut down again. Now, again, I can't even get it open. Anyway, on to the questions.
1. PD version 5.00.1816. I have installed three patches. The aeffmgr.dll (which I have to replace with the old one because it will not allow the program to even open up), PDAuthorGVD.dll, PDAuthorBAT.dll, and DIEGO.dll. The last three I left on. That is when the pds file was able to open briefly before closing again.
2. My primary files are from a dv camcorder. It says they are Movie Clips. I also use some MP4 video files.
3. video camera.
4. I believe my region settings are NTSC.
5. I have used numerous transitions. If I had to guess I would say30?
6.It would be hard to remember all the creation steps since I cant open the program. I mean they are numerous. I have about 30 movie clips, 25 mpeg4 clips, 60 pictures, and songs. I will have something on the video track as well as something in pip. A song going in the background and transitions and special effects.
7. I am attaching the two files you recomended me to create. I really want to use this program just because I know it so well by now and don't want to have to learn a new one.
Let me know if I need to provide anymore info.
Any help is much appreciated...........Alan
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
47 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
68 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I will do my best to answer all questions. By the way. I was able to open the program once, did a few things then it shut down again. Now, again, I can't even get it open. Anyway, on to the questions.
1. PD version 5.00.1816. I have installed three patches. The aeffmgr.dll (which I have to replace with the old one because it will not allow the program to even open up), PDAuthorGVD.dll, PDAuthorBAT.dll, and DIEGO.dll. The last three I left on. That is when the pds file was able to open briefly before closing again.
2. My primary files are from a dv camcorder. It says they are Movie Clips. I also use some MP4 video files.
3. video camera.
4. I believe my region settings are NTSC.
5. I have used numerous transitions. If I had to guess I would say30?
6.It would be hard to remember all the creation steps since I cant open the program. I mean they are numerous. I have about 30 movie clips, 25 mpeg4 clips, 60 pictures, and songs. I will have something on the video track as well as something in pip. A song going in the background and transitions and special effects.
7. I am attaching the two files you recomended me to create. I really want to use this program just because I know it so well by now and don't want to have to learn a new one.
Let me know if I need to provide anymore info.
Any help is much appreciated...........Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the information. I need you to provide the pds (project file) contents. Open it as indicated before in Notepad and then save it as a txt file. Attach the file to a new posting. IMPORTANT - need the info in the pds file - asap.

On occasions the Rich Video options when unticked enables some pds files to open etc.
Edit/Preferences/General/Rich Video and untick.

I'd like you to Open PD5P and then TEST the set up.
1. Put Aquarium.mpg into the timeline and the save the project in My Works as Test2.pds.
2. Now open the saved project Test2.pds

Does this work?

You have three tasks to do.
1. provide the project file you've been working on in text format.
2. Try the Rich Video route and then try opening your Project file
3. Carry out a simple Test to check the system.

I will refer this to CyberLink.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 26. 2006 13:00

Burnett [Avatar]
[Post New]
I cant send the pds file. It is larger than what is allowed. Tell me how you want me to do it. I could email it to you. The test worked fine. When I unchecked the rich video option it still didn't allow me to open the pds file that I had been working on. Please advise how you want me to send the notepad file...........Alan
Burnett [Avatar]
[Post New]
Don't know if this will help or not. When the program closes down I get this error message in windows. PDR.exe - Application error
The instruction at "0x7c2821b2" referenced memory at "0x0000001c". The memory could not be "read". click on OK to terminate the program.

Thanks.......Alan
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Alan,

You have been sent a couple PM - with details to assist.

Dafydd
birdlover [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 26, 2006 18:28 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Thank you so much for the hint about turning off the Rich Video option. I spent about 3 hours last night working on a DVD project, saving every 5-10 minutes and saving under 4 different file names as a backup. But when I went to preview the finished product, all the files were 'broken' !!! I was nearly ready to send off a very unhappy customer letter to Cyberlink asking for my money back! However when I turned off the Rich Video option, all of those saved files have opened and are no longer 'broken' .

I am much happier now! Thank you for saving Cyberlink from my wrath!

birdlover [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 26, 2006 18:28 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
What was I thinking! Please ignore the previous happy comments. I was confused.. too many projects on the go. The files that I saved last night are still well and truly broken and I am very annoyed. Sorry about the previous comment. I think I will leave Rich Video off anyway.. less things to go wrong.
Burnett [Avatar]
[Post New]
pds has been emailed. can't download update.......Alan
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: pds has been emailed. can't download update.......Alan

Hi Alan,

I sent you an email with some info on the ftp link you were given.

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: What was I thinking! Please ignore the previous happy comments. I was confused.. too many projects on the go. The files that I saved last night are still well and truly broken and I am very annoyed. Sorry about the previous comment. I think I will leave Rich Video off anyway.. less things to go wrong.

Birdlover,

Let me know what build version of PowerDirector 5 Premium you are using please?

Look in Help/About and then "rattle off" the version and build number.

I've also sent you a PM.

Dafydd

Paco [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 16, 2006 18:50 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
sorry for my English

I've the same problem of Burnett. This problem can not be corrected applying AEFFMGR.DLL & PDR%_PATCH_1227.EXE. These go well if project crash during loading (for exemple without aeffmgr many of my project crashed at 22% or 56 % . After patch..all goes right). But this case is different; the pds file is not loaded ( not even a part) and the program shutdown immediately. If i try to open the project with notepad all freeze (ctrl+alt+canc to close notepad...no other way ). I've 5.00.1227 deluxe version of the program. Rich video option deactivated. All other project can be opened. Only this have problem. Plze Bevan...help me!! Can i send you the .pds project via email?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: sorry for my English

I've the same problem of Burnett. This problem can not be corrected applying AEFFMGR.DLL & PDR%_PATCH_1227.EXE. These go well if project crash during loading (for exemple without aeffmgr many of my project crashed at 22% or 56 % . After patch..all goes right). But this case is different; the pds file is not loaded ( not even a part) and the program shutdown immediately. If i try to open the project with notepad all freeze (ctrl+alt+canc to close notepad...no other way ). I've 5.00.1227 deluxe version of the program. Rich video option deactivated. All other project can be opened. Only this have problem. Plze Bevan...help me!! Can i send you the .pds project via email?

I don't think I want a corrupted file that cant be opened by you in Notepad - if you cant open it why should I be able or want to?

Restart your project again - and be more careful.

Best of luck

Dafydd
Paco [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 16, 2006 18:50 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Thank u...a sper cat posa chaper un meter ed bigul in dal cul e cat posa gnir al calghet a spross per tota la vetà..brot fiol dna vaca. testa ed cas e strouns maledet. sei un povero coglione.

Hi

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 22. 2006 09:18

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Thank u...a sper cat posa chaper un meter ed cas in dal cul e cat posa gnir a calghet per tota la vetà..brot fiol dna vaca. testa ed cas e stouns maledet.

Paco,
Pa iaith ydych chi'n defnyddio?

Basically, what language are you using?

Dafydd