Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Perptetual Version
bjtap1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 19, 2010 21:36 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
What was the last available version of ColorDirector and does anybody know where to purchase it?
Thanks
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
version 8 I think. You find on Amazon:

https://a.co/d/6xwXxWI

Dave
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not exactly clear on the status of lifetime licenses for CD or for AudioDirector. On the one hand, those two DirectorSuite apps no longer have a Comparison page where the features of the various available versions and licenses are displayed (PD and PhD still have them).

On the other hand, CD 11 Essentials is clearly available to download and play with for 30 days, and nowhere does it say that the only option to keep the program running is to pay for a subscription. Nowhere on the info page does it ever call the product CD 365 either.

Maybe PIX or another moderator can check with their CL contacts and give us a clearer response. In the meantime you might want to play around with the trial version to see if it meets your needs.

As for the 2nd part of your question, there's a patch available for CD10 so that product clearly still had a lifetime licensed version. A quick check of Amazon only showed versions up to CD 8, as Jets2011 pointed out. Maybe a note to CL customer service will get you a link to purchase CD10 (and maybe even an answer to whether CD 11 has a lifetime license).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 19. 2022 22:51

bjtap1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the answers. Indeed version 8 is available on Amazon and a search did not show any later versions.
The essentials version IS a 365 version.
[Post New]
Hello all,

The most recent lifetime license/perpetual version of CDR I have installed is CDR9 (released in 2020).

This time last year (2021), when PDR20, PhD13 & ADR12 were released, I was informed that the perpetual version of CDR had been discontinued. I have never seen or heard of CDR10, optodata, so I'm confused by the fact that there's an update patch available for it.

ADR continues with the lifetime/subscription option. Comparison page for ADR13/ADR365.

I'll try to seek some clarity from CL.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Hello bjtap1,

I've had clarification from CL about this question.

CDR9 is the most recent lifetime license/perpetual version released.

Why is there an update patch avaiable for CDR10? There is a special product called PowerDirector Ultimate Suite (only sold in Japan) which includes CDR10 (perpetual). That's what the patch is for

PIX PIX YouTube channel
bjtap1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
PIX,
Thanks for the update and clarification!
Barry