Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 9 with NVidia GeForce GTX 680, Driver version 334.89
n_s_simpson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2010 20:10 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everyone, PowerDirector started playing up (more than usual) and stopped quickly rendering my videos.

I checked NVidia and realised it wasn't happy so forced it to update to the latest driver version 334.89. Now PowerDirector is having a total hissy fit and just keeps "rendering" every few frames.

Can you tell me if this issue will be resolved if I upgrade to PowerDirector 12?

Thanks

Nick
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Everyone, PowerDirector started playing up (more than usual) and stopped quickly rendering my videos.

I checked NVidia and realised it wasn't happy so forced it to update to the latest driver version 334.89. Now PowerDirector is having a total hissy fit and just keeps "rendering" every few frames.

Can you tell me if this issue will be resolved if I upgrade to PowerDirector 12?

Thanks

Nick

That issue was resolved in later versions BUT it sounds like you have other problems. Never upgrade a program to fix a problem; usually it doesn't work the way you want it to.

If your problem was related to the video driver, then the original one may have been corrupted. Go back to nVidia and install an older drive - search for one rather than using the automatic update. You should find a whole list of them. Use one from about 6 months or so ago.

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
n_s_simpson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2010 20:10 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Upgraded to V12 and everything is now working. Plus V12 is a HUGE improvement over V9 and is far more stable!

Cheers

Nick
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
As advised on earlier threads on this subject I would strongly advise that once you have a stable configuration you disable ALL auto-updating on your system and change it to notify of updates. That way you keep control of things and can pinpoint updates that cause problems and roll back if necessary. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
ukdeejay1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 23, 2014 08:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi I have NVIDIA GTX 660 and have tried all former earlier drivers but Power Director 9 just keeps rendering every second Anyone have any ideas? Thanks