Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Snapshots
n_s_simpson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2010 20:10 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everyone, bit of an odd one for you...

I am adding a timer to my videos, which is an avi file. I need to have the timer hold on 0:00:00 for a while before it starts. Then I need it to freeze on the final time.

Normally I take a snapshot of the entire screen (full res version of the preview window). Then I have to mess around with a mask transparency so things around it can still be seen moving when the clock starts and stops.

I've just clicked the snapshot button but this time it created a BMP of the timer at 0:00:00, keeping the size to the original video dimensions, which is fantastic. Problem is I can't get PowerDirector to do a snapshot like this again. It's now doing the entire screen like normal.

If you look at the image...

> the file I've circled in red is a snapshot of just the avi - HOW DO I DO THIS AGAIN???
> the file I've circled in blue is a snapshot of the entire preview windows - this is what PD normally does
> the file I've circled in black is a snapshot of the entire preview window when hiding all track except the timer

I would love to take snapshots of a particular frame within a video and overlay that instead of messing around with masks. Any ideas how I did this and how I do it again?

Thanks

Nick
[Thumb - PD.JPG]
 Filename
PD.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
113 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
128 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 24. 2012 16:35

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Click on the button I have marked in Green.

Move your Scrubber to the place you want to snapshot and click the camera Icon.
If you disable the track you do not want to capture, you should just get what is visible.

[Thumb - PD_resize_with Note.png]
 Filename
PD_resize_with Note.png
[Disk]
 Description
You picture with a note added.
 Filesize
145 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
133 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 24. 2012 21:41

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi n_s_simpson,

To get a snapshot of just the timer clock, and not the whole screen, do not take the Snap Shop of the clock in the timeline. Highlight the clock clip that’s up in your Media Library. Then move the Preview Player’s scrubber ahead to the time readout that you want. And then click on the snapshot button.
You will now get a snap shot of only the clock, at your desired paused readout, which you can bring down into your timelines, and size to match your current timeline clock's size and position.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 25. 2012 04:19

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips