Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have to agree with deBabba, the quality with SVRT and Fast video Render off is way better on my system. Any of you guys having issues with the Smartsound clips not burning in Create disc menue?
I am discovering this myself through trial and error. Svrt and Create Disc with smartsound has major glitches. The Smartsound clip does not play and the video stutters/lags at certain points.

I have discovered a workaround to this in my other post.
Another observation: Fast Video Rendering and Dolby on seems to create glitches in final burned movie.
The Smartsound with Fast render sounds hollow like in a tunnel with reverb and distortion.
The video has pixelation and at places it stutters and lags.

I wonder if this is symptomatic only on my PC?
pjc3

Yes..I am using 29.976 and burning with 1080P preset.

I just figured out how to get Smartsound clips to preview and burn. I Produced project to file with these presets:

H.264AVC
Profile name/Quality = AVCHD 1920x1080

Disable Fast video rendering tech and Dolby.

To burn disc I open the disc drive which has it's own burn feature. I drag the file into the create disc menu and click burn.
I now have Smartsound playing and video quality is same as raw file from my Sony HDR SR11!

If I use Create Disc menu from within PD9, Smartsound will not record and I get some choppy results in final movie. This leads me to suspect that the software has a glitch somewhere with Smartsound/Create disc feature within PD9.

At least I found a workaround that is so far giving me decent results. Will continue to experiment with settings and see what else might work well. Still, Cyberlink should fix this issue! Hopefully soon!
Hey!...I can only imagine the stuff you deal with daily here! Have you detected any glitches with burning project in AVCHD at 1920x1080P? When I did that I could see lots of frames dropped and hence the jumpy movie playback.

Any news on the Smartsound bug?

Anyhow...will try producing first to file then burning.
OK Dafydd...u'r the boss! Never said I dictated anything here! Thanks for the explanation though.
A little testy today are we? lol

Listen..I am greatfull for all the advice and help I recieved thus far. Just hope some of the bugs I am experiencing are solvable...like real soon! At work today so will not be able to test what I wanted to try yesterday. Will get to the grind again Monday!
So here is what I have done most recently. I did a system recovery and started fresh with a new version of windows 7 64bit. (yes..I updated all drivers!)
I installed PD9 again (2316). I edited several clips with transitions and titles. I added a Smartsound clip(at this point I want to call it Dumbsound because it does not work). Clicked on Disc Preferences and selected AVCHD. I selected HD 1920x1080P/Dolby/5.1. I burned the movie and the Smartsound clip did not record.
The movie was horribly choppy and frames were missing throughout the 3+ minute project.

So I went back and deleted the Smartsound clip in edit mode and inserted a media music file from my library. Clicked Disc Preferences,AVCHD, and this time selected HD 1920x1080 not the HD 1920x1080P. Dolby and 5.1.
I burned the disc. The quality was much better and seemed same as raw m2ts file. Although there were few spots where some pixelation was noticed. The music clip from my library also recorded and played fine.

So my verdict is that Powerdirector has one setting that one can use to burn projects to disc in AVCHD which is the HD1920x1080. The HD1920x1080P is useless and horrible. The Smartsound has a bug. I will try Produceing a project to file first then burning to see if anything changes. I don't have alot of spare time to play more with this program as much as I would like to. But so far I am not that impressed with it. To be continued........!

Whoever locked my other thread.......Stop it will ya!
Yes, yes....it is true! I still can't get Smartsound clip to preview in Disc Prefrences! I can import my own music clips from my media pool and they preview and record.
Why? I still have some information to add as to what I have been trying to do to resolve the Smartsound/Disc burn issues. Who locked it?
Thanks Kevin for looking into it. The tech support guy did upgrade me to a full version of PD9 for free. They ran out of ideas i guess regarding the issues I had with PD8, also having purchased PD8 three weeks ago. I had time last night to test out a few changes I made to how windows 7 runs. In Performance Options/Advance Tools I changed my Visual Effects to "Adjust for best Performance". I also disabled indexing on all drives that PD9 uses.

I started PD9 and opened an existing project that I had trouble previewing in Full HD. There were no glitches and the preview was incredibly smooth! Even with the troublesome transitions I was using before. So not only is the editing smooth but the preview issues seem to have been solved also.

Now when I started Create Disc, I still can't here the Smart Sound clip in preview before burning. I assume it will not burn as you demonstrated when you tried to burn disc.

Almost there...so close...lol. Anyone else have ideas why this is happening or anyone have same result??
Not sure what you meant there....

"One other thing I thought all but one or two of the smart sound files you have to pay for. Did you get any notice about payment?"

I checked the new video card update and it basically is related to certain game optimizations. Not sure how that will help with the Disc Burning issues and the Smart Sound clips not recording from project. There are many Smart Sound clips I can preview but not drag to time line. I assume those you have to pay for to use. I am talking about the ones I can actually drag into the time line.

The rest. Anyone have any suggestions?? Should I do recovery of my whole system and reinstall PD9?? I don't know what else I should try. I have been in contact via online support about my issues and so far nothing he suggested is working. I thought upgrading to PD9 would help. It did as far as editing. That is good. But now I have Disc Burning issues and Smart Sound problems. Help!!!
I created new project and quality was great but some pixelation and jittery spots can be seen. Also the Smart Sound clip did not burn. WHY??

Thanks Robert!
So I drag the Smart Sound clip into the music track. I go to Create Disc and now when I hit preview the music portion of the project does not play.
Also Background music/First play videos and Playback mode is grayed out. I can't select any options there.

Am I doing something wrong? Mr Bevan will prob. ask for screen shots..lol. Still have not downloaded program to do that in acceptable file format to post yet. I had issues with PD8 freezes and jitters when reaching transition points in edit mode. That seems to have been fixed in PD9. Now when Creating Disc I am having some issues.

Also I have lots of Smart Sound clips that I can preview in edit but cannot drag to timeline. Is that normal??

If anyone viewed my post in PD8, you know the issues I had with PD8.

So I deleted PD8 and installed PD9 V.2316. Imported several m2ts avchd 1920x1080 clips and transitions,title,particle effect, and color effect. Everything played great in the preview as long as it was set to High. In Full HD or HD it will stutter or freeze.

At least I can edit now with transitions and effects and get decent preview capability whereas in PD8 I could not.
Good job Cyberlink!!
I created a project and in Create Disc/AVCHD/1920x1080p/Dolby/5.1, it burned and when I viewed it on my 46" LCD the quality looked like the high preview setting. It was horrible!

Will tinker around to see what I did wrong.
Just upgraded to PD9. SO far the editing is much better. Transitions do not cause jitters or freeze the system if preview is set to High. When switched to Full HD or HD it is a little laggy. I added several clips and title,color effect, and few transitions. Much improved performance over PD8. I will be testing project in produce and burn to disc/dvd in avchd. Will post results. :
I also downloaded FFdshow codec. Anything else I can try anyone???
I just don't see why I should have to resort to using Neoscene to be able to edit my footage since Powerdirector claims I should be able to do it natively.
Just tried some solutions from customer support last few days. Still no good. I have virus prog. disabled and all other apps.
I just imported files to my internal hard drive from my Sony HDR SR11 Handycam. My thought was that perhaps my external drive files might have been corrupted in some way. Alas!! Same issue. In fact..I only used 4 clips and 1 transition!! The Chain Reaction Right transition and it freezes preview and stops Powerdirector in it's tracks!! Sometime it automatically shrinks the program to my taskbar below.

What is going on here?? I hate to sound negative and I always give the benefit of doubt to user error or ignorance but I am feeling like the Powerdirector 8 is not doing what it advertised it will!! Has anyone tried version 9? I just purchased 8 3 weeks ago...I wonder if they will refund my money and/or let me upgrade to 9 for free to see if that fixes the bugs I am experiencing.

Arghh..frustrated!
Sorry guys..I had rough work schedule this week. Will try few things later today or Friday. Will post results!
Go to: