Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SVRT not functioning correctly for Canon 24Mbps footage
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Canon Vixia HFS10 1920x1080 24Mpbs 5 minute video clip as source footage. My test results summarized below.

Test 1: Split clip at 1 minute and add default airplane transition to straddle clips and produce with SVRT, H264, 24Mpbs profile, Allow SVRT on h264 ticked in preferences (see pic)

Test 2: Same as Test 1 but instead split clip at 4 minutes and add airplane transition to straddle clips and produce with SVRT, H264, 24Mpbs profile, Allow SVRT on h264 ticked in preferences

IF SVRT is working correctly, time to produce both the above test cases should be the same.
Test 1 Produce: 6:38 minutes
Test 2 Produce: 1:56 minutes

Test 3: Same as test 1 but with Allow SVRT on h264 NOT ticked in preferences
Test 3 Produce: 6:35 minutes

Test 4: Same at Test 1, just NO transition applied
Test 4 Produce: 6:34 minutes

Test 5: Raw 5 minute clip in timeline, NO splits, NO transitions
Test 5 Produce: 19 seconds

It looks like everything after the transition and/or a file split does not have SVRT features applied. Deja Vu all over again. Issue is very obvious watching the "Produce movie" progress bar during produce that things are amiss. It also does not matter if the transition is left, straddle or right aligned with the two clips. For all configurations tested above the SVRT always showed no rendering required, except for the small transition region as shown in the attached pic.

Win7 64bit, 8GB Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX470, 260.99 drivers
PD9 v2316

Jeff
[Thumb - svrt.gif]
 Filename
svrt.gif
[Disk]
 Description
SVRT Info and timeline detail
 Filesize
677 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
469 time(s)
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
I confirm EVERYTHING that Jeff said above using my Sony 1920x1080 17Mbps video files....Build 2316

Regards,

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
I also support Jeff's findings - deja vu indeed!!

Cheers,

Andrew Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
This is the most frustrating thing about this software. Cyberlink fixes this problem in PD8 and then it reappears in PDd9. I know Cyberlink has plenty of test footage to experiment with. I should get a chance tomorrow to test this on my Canon camera. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the confirmation, really too bad for the initial release, so many users have put much effort into trying to provide sufficient input, video samples, line by line instructions and so on to get this right in PD7, PD8, and yet again in PD9 all to no avail.
I was reading through the PD9 documentation wondering if SVRT rules had changed or I was missing something and came upon this,

"If the total duration of the production is less than one minute and any portion of the video requires rendering, the entire production will be rendered for efficiency reasons."

I find it odd, if you create a production less than one minute with a portion needing rendering, PD9 view SVRT information gives the clips a green for no rendering required, say what? (See pic ) If you make such a strange limitation and document it, wouldn’t you make sure your coding complies? It appears our experience indicates the “S” is missing in SVRT.

Jeff
[Thumb - svrt_rules.gif]
 Filename
svrt_rules.gif
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
668 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
463 time(s)
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Just a question,

What difference makes that the original file was taken by a specific device? I have made the entire test that JL have whit his Canon Vixia HFS10 in 1920x1080 video footage. My camera is a Sony XDR-CX7 with only 1440×1080 and has the same results.

Does the ALL MANUFACTURES HAVE A DIFFERENT WAY TO STORE OR RECORD VIDEO DATA? So why you guys always talk about a specific model of camera if the data is the same?
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
This doesn't help, but it does seem that they fixed the SRVT for MPEG 2, but I may be the only one who was having trouble. I'll check the Canon 17mbps when I get home. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: really too bad for the initial release, so many users have put much effort into trying to provide sufficient input, video samples, line by line instructions and so on to get this right in PD7, PD8, and yet again in PD9 all to no avail.

Couldn't agree more Jeff. I'm currently editing my school's recent musical production which was shot on my two Canon cameras at 1920x1080 25p using one master soundtrack recorded through one of the cameras via the sound desk. The cast will have the option of blu-ray (produced using SVRT) or the downscaled DVD.

There are several tansitions in the project proceeding some long clips plus I like to use my gpu to do the hardwork when downscaling raw HD footage to DVD. That's why I bought the ATi 5770!

Currently with PD9 we have the above mentioned transition bug, and it appears from tests several of us have carried out that the gpu acceleration isn't functioning correctly either!

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14131.page

So despite the fact I want to use PD9, for my requirements it is best to stick with PD8 where these two issues don't exist.

I hope that, after all the hard work some of us put in during testing, these issues are resolved soon.

Cheers,

Andrew

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 22. 2010 18:01

Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
jmone
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Nov 26, 2010 00:05 Messages: 706 Offline
[Post New]
OK - I just purchased PD9 (over from Corel Video Studio) as it handles my 1080/50p stuff with Smart Render ... just as long as I don't do anything like add a Title, Transition or Split the Clip (kinda makes it hard!). Anyway....I've been playing around and I notice it does also not smart render the last second or so of the clips which got me thinking it is may only like stuff that starts/ends with a Key Frame.

Being new to PD9, (and to test this theory) can you split on a key frame? PD 64 Bit-Win10 64 Bit-32GB RAM-80TB HDD
Sony FX6 - 500Mbps 4k/50p AVC-I HLG
Canon XF400 - 150Mbps 4k/50p AVC
GoPro Hero6 Black
Pana HS700-28Mbps 1080/50p AVC (High@L4.2)
Canon HV20-HDV 25Mbps 16:9 1440x1080/25p MPEG
jmone
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Nov 26, 2010 00:05 Messages: 706 Offline
[Post New]
FYI - I opened this ticked with support
==============
SVRT seems to fail on any x264/AVC clip in the timeline from the point where:
1) Title is applied
2) Transition is applied
3) Split is applied

SVRT works fine on clips without these three things OR up till the point they are applied. According to the Beta Testers on the forum this is a Known Bug and was fixed in PD8 - Could you please advise if it is being worked on and when a fix is due.
Thanks
Nathan PD 64 Bit-Win10 64 Bit-32GB RAM-80TB HDD
GoPro Hero6 Black
jmone
[Post New]
I got a reply indicating that Smart Render is not available for 264!

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand that you are facing an issue with using the SVRT feature on any x264/AVC clip in the timeline.

Regarding your concern, I would like to to inform you that SVRT function of PowerDirector software has some conditions to be used while editing videos.

Please note that the SVRT can be applied to video clips in the MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and DV-AVI (Type I) formats.

In the following conditions, clips (or portions of clips) do not require rendering during production, and SVRT2 can therefore be applied:

- The frame rate, frame size, and file format are the same as those of the destination production profile.

- The bitrate is similar to that of the destination production profile.

- The TV format is the same as that of the destination production profile.

If all of the above conditions are met, SVRT2 can be used. Any clips that do not meet the above criteria are fully rendered without SVRT2.

In the following conditions, clips (or portions of clips) must be rendered during production, and SVRT2 can therefore not be applied:

- Adding a title or transition effect.
- Modifying the color of a video clip.
- Audio profile does not match destination production profile.
- Modifying the volume of an audio clip.
- Merging two video clips (clips within 2 seconds before or
after the merged clips will be rendered).
- Splitting a video clip (clips within 2 seconds before or after
the split will be rendered).
- Trimming a video clip (clips within 2 seconds before or after
the trimmed clip will be rendered).

New SVRT 2 (Smart Video Rendering Technology 2) is a patent-pending technology developed by CyberLink. Using SVRT allows users to produce movies faster (by 10 to 20 times normal speed), as well as preserve video quality of the original source files. This incredible feat is accomplished by only rendering the portions of the videos which have been modified. Unmodified portions of video are not reprocessed, thus saving production time and preserving the original video quality.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

http://www.CyberLink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp

Thanks and Regards,

Saba
CyberLink Technical Support

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 01. 2010 18:46

PD 64 Bit-Win10 64 Bit-32GB RAM-80TB HDD
GoPro Hero6 Black
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
New SVRT 2 (Smart Video Rendering Technology 2)

Less than interesting, maybe someone should let them know their current technology is SVRT 3 and not SVRT 2 and has been for, well, 2+ yrs.

I think those flash card look ups for customer inquires need to be updated!

Jeff
jmone
[Post New]
OK... for the old hands, is it worth responding and if so any suggested wording? PD 64 Bit-Win10 64 Bit-32GB RAM-80TB HDD
GoPro Hero6 Black
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
In my opinion, tech support won't resolve this. The best we can hope for is that the forum monitor has informed CL development of the issue (I'm positive he has as he indicated so) and they are investigating what to do and will provide an update patch when they have another fix. Unfortunately this has been a one step forward; two steps back process with the PD9 product. Just my opinion, I think everyone is entitled to one. I'm surely not discouraging your efforts, for many have led a helping hand in testing and clearly pointing out these SVRT issues to resolve.

Jeff
pjc3
Senior Member Location: Australia Joined: May 29, 2010 19:33 Messages: 247 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: OK... for the old hands, is it worth responding

No. I opened several tickets for PD7 and got no where.

As Jeff said, Dafydd seems to do a great job of keeping Cyberlink aware of the major problems raised in this forum. It does however take ages to get things changed, hence the multitude of workarounds developed by many of the regulars here. Panasonic SD9, Panasonic TM700, Panasonic SD600, GoPro HD Hero.
[Post New]
I am discovering this myself through trial and error. Svrt and Create Disc with smartsound has major glitches. The Smartsound clip does not play and the video stutters/lags at certain points.

I have discovered a workaround to this in my other post. Are we there yet?
Bernd1948 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jul 10, 2008 10:18 Messages: 3930 Offline
[Post New]
Build
[Thumb - Brennformate AVCHD.jpg]
 Filename
Brennformate AVCHD.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
303 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
374 time(s)
[Thumb - ProduzierenFormate AVCHD.jpg]
 Filename
ProduzierenFormate AVCHD.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
449 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
362 time(s)
Gruß Bernd
Technical support:
DE:
https://de.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

jmone
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: OK... for the old hands, is it worth responding

No. I opened several tickets for PD7 and got no where.

As Jeff said, Dafydd seems to do a great job of keeping Cyberlink aware of the major problems raised in this forum. It does however take ages to get things changed, hence the multitude of workarounds developed by many of the regulars here.

Thanks - I'll (now) take the advice and let it be! I did try once more ... at least they updated std response
Nathan

Dear Nathan,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand that you are facing an issue with using the SVRT feature on any x264/AVC clip in the timeline.

SVRT can be applied to video clips in the MPEG-1, MPEG-2, H.264 (Ultra version) and DV-AVI (Type I) formats. In the following conditions, clips (or portions of clips) do not require rendering during production, and SVRT can therefore be applied:

• The frame rate, frame size, and file format are the same as those of the destination production profile.

• The bitrate is similar to that of the destination production profile.

• The TV format is the same as that of the destination production profile.

If all of the above conditions are met, SVRT can be used. Any clips that do not meet the above criteria are fully rendered without SVRT.

In the following conditions, clips (or portions of clips) must be rendered during production, and SVRT can therefore not be applied:

• Adding a title or transition effect

• Modifying the color of a video clip

• Audio profile does not match destination production profile

• Modifying the volume of an audio clip

• Merging two video clips (clips within 2 seconds before or after the merged clips will be rendered)

• Splitting a video clip (clips within 2 seconds before or after the split will be rendered)

• Trimming a video clip (clips within 2 seconds before or after the trimmed clip will be rendered)

• If the total duration of the production is less than one minute and any portion of the video requires rendering, the entire production will be rendered for efficiency reasons.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

http://www.CyberLink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp

Thanks and Regards,

Saba
CyberLink Technical Support

GoPro Hero6 Black
jmone
[Post New]
I just did the upgrade to 2330 and as reported in this thread - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/14590.page

Edit - No change....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 13. 2010 01:56

GoPro Hero6 Black
George1938
Senior Member Location: Northern & Central New York, Summer & Orlando, FL winter Joined: Jun 20, 2009 04:58 Messages: 162 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

With my Canon HG21 clips SVRT used to work great in PD8, now it states 100% rendering required even though the only changes to the original clips are trimming. However in Produce states SVRT will work in Produce but if used is much slower than Hardware video encoder.

Thus I gave up on SVRT since using PD9 and only use HVE plus it has never worked with my new Canon HFS21.

George Dell Studio XPS 9100
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz
64 Bit Operating Sytem
12 GB DDR3 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 1248 MB Memory

Canon HF S21 & Canon HG21