Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Again, I would like to thank everyone for respond to my concerns. I have been treated with much kindness as well as with much condescending, curt comments. I completely understand the answering the same questions over and over again does get quiet old, however if this is the position you have placed for yourself then you know the bad comes with the good.

@Dafydd I do not know what Shadowing is and my program worked fine with 8.0. I liked the simplicity of PowerDirector. It was very easy to use and I am not a computer wiz heck I don't even know what a codec is. Does every person who purchase this program know what those things are? I just knew I could make some cool videos with cool little things flying around or a cute frame. I like the way I could make text fly in and out or in a round circle. That's all. I know the program does much more but like I said I"m not a computer wiz I just would like to go back and pretend all of this go away. It has been a nightmare and I have to say that I have run across some really nice people on this board and some real meaners.

I'll try not to bother you with my questions anymore. I'm sure there are plenty of other more patient people out there that are willing to assist this older lady.

Blessings to you,
Virginia
Thank you all for you responses. I have done the Direct X diagnostics thing so much that I have the program pinned to my task bar. I have been using Power Director since version 7 and I have made over 350 videos posted to YouTube. I have never had the issues I am having now. I have updated my NVIDIA graphics card. Ran all the patches on 9.0 to I think 2702. My Windows 7 Home Premium is updated all the time. I may not have the best computer in the world but it has been doing very well up until that upgrade to 9.0. I am running a 64 bit version of 7. I have 4 gig of Ram my processor is a duo core Intel P8600 2.40GHz.

It's so funny to see on some signatures all this information and now I can see why. It is asked of you with each and every little question. That alone gets frustrating so I can see why people add it. I have asked questions like "is there a way to mute a clip"? and I get. Well first we need to know what kind of system you have, then we need you to run Direct X Diagnostics, then....

Holy cow I have been playing with computers since the DOS days thank goodness or else I would have shot myself with all these questions. What do the people do that have no idea how to answer these questions? I certainly hope they can afford to throw away the money it's going to cost in the long run when they find out it doesn't work on their machine. Now I know there is a trial version. But like I said. I've been using this product for 4 years now and it was working just fine until I went to 9.0. They won't refund my money and I can't use it. I've worked and worked at it and it's just a mess.

Thank you all again for you responses. I just haven't taken the time to uninstall and reinstall 8 yet. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 9.0 3 times! The last time I forgot to install the second part and I was missing all the titles, PIP, etc... I had to come back here again and ask what the heck I did wrong and someone told me about the second part of the program! You would think after doing it three times it would have come automatically! I am so exhausted and I'm so discouraged. 9.0 looked like there was some great features. I also bought something else with it, for the life of me I can't remember some package that is useless as well unless it works with 8.0.

Blessings, Virginia
I wrote to the Customer Service Department and ask how do I get back to PD8 and I requested a refund for the upgrade and they said no to the refund, apparently I waited too long to request the refund. I explained to them that I was trying to fix the issue and it just wasn't getting fixed and I had had enough, but they said no.

Then I asked how do I go back to PD8 and I have not heard back from them, hopefully I will hear something today. Does anyone know how I can just go back to 8?

My current problem is sound and video is not matching. Nothing I have done in this new PD 9 is working for me and I just want to go back in time and pretend none of this happened. Why I needed to upgrade to 9 is beyond me!

Virginia
I think that is most of my issue, I have no idea what you are asking. I thought I was fairly computer savy, but after messing with this software and what I have gone through these past couple weeks, I'm doubting even how to turn the dang computer on anymore. I just don't know the answers to your questions. I have no idea what a codec is. I am not unlinking anything from anything. How would I get my money refunded and go back to 8? This has been a complete nightmare. I just want to go back in time and pretend this never happened. I mean honestly I cried when after all that work we did and now this issue, it's never ending.

Thanks for listening, it's just too much for me to deal with anymore.

Thank you,
Virginia

Running Windows 64bit
I have had several people help me with my PD 9.0 upgrade and reinstall and everyone has been awesome and very VERY patient. I finally got it working.. I say working because it certainly is not working correctly. Now the audio does not match the video and I just want to sit down and cry. With weeks and weeks of working with this only to find out I still have to pull out Windows Movie Maker to get a video working at all correctly. I found an old copy of Pinnacle Studio I might give a try.

I know, I know, take a snap snot of direct x, which windows version am I using, send in a 10 sec clip, etc... honestly should a piece of software be so difficult to get working correctly? Is there anyway, I can just go back to 8.0? This is just too much to deal with and I don't have the brain power to do it.

Thank you all for you help.
Virginia

P.S. I didn't have any of these issues with 8.0
That was the problem I didn't reinstall the other parts thank you!

Virginia
Okay guys, thank you all so much for your help. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and done everything I can. It is working. I can make videos now and play. But something new I just now noticed. I'm missing nearly all of my titles and PIP? Where did they go and how do I get them back? For the Titles I only have 4 and yes I do have all content selected. Partical Room: 7, PIP: 1, Effects room I have a lot doesn't look like many or missing there or in the Transition room. I hope some one can shed some light on this.. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall again?

Thanks again!
Virginia
Correct I always transfer to my hard drive before I do any actual work. I just tried it every way I could think of.

V.

P.S. I uploaded the file from my memory card to here. When I said it came from the memory stick I meant I took the video with my camera, then took the memory stick out of the camera and transfered it to my hard drive then imported it in the Cyberlink program.
Here is a ten second video. I hope this helps thank you!

Virginia
That worked thank you! Now I'm back to my original issue. of the sound file not following along with the video when I drag to the work space. I did a capture and everything worked fine. Only thing that isn't working is taking a video with my camera and importing the .mov to the storyline. Strange. I don't know about using my iPhone. I'm going to try that right now. I guess as long as I can use the webcam to capture my videos I will be okay. It is a bit annoying though.
Thank you all for your help.
Virginia

P.S. I'm going to cross post this on my original question.
Thank you I will give it a try.
V.
I have been working with some very kind people on an issue I have been having. I installed the latest patch for PD9.0 and now it asks for my CD Key and when I put it in I get an error saying it is the wrong key? Any ideas?

Thank you
Virginia
Okay I also wanted to add that I made sure I had the latest QT installed so I ran the repair just to be sure. I also installed the ffdshow even though I have no idea how to use it or what it is. I think it is used to covert my .mov to maybe an mpeg of some sort or AVI or something else.

I don't have the list of what else you suggested in front of me. I am going to try and see what happens when I import a video from my iphone. I'll let ya'll know how that works. I know I can do a capture and that video works just fine. It's just weird when I drag the video to the storyline to work on it and add stuff the audio is gone. I can hear and watch the video just fine in the workspace. Just disappears when I drag it to the story line. I'm fine with all of it as long as the capture works.

Thank you all for your help.
Virginia

In an earlier issue with the CD key someone helped me with that and now I have it working again with the patch.

I just imported a video from my iphone also a .mov and it worked just fine so I guess the problem lies within my camera? Weird, very weird. Any ideas?

Okay again, I was fooling around with it some more and I got it to work with some troubleshooting with my husband. Using the same file I started a new project imported the same .mov file. Drug it to my storyline and it worked! I closed it, opened a new project imported the same file and the second time it did not work. It is definitely an issue with Cyberlink. I thought it must be the camera. But no, since it worked once with the file from the camera/memory stick that ruled out that thought. So once again, it is back to troubleshooting with you Cyberlink experts.

Thank you again for your help.
Virginia
When I click on the nvidia link you sent me it takes me to a page where I have to choose which nvidia product I have and I do not know which it is. My choices are: GForce/ION/Quatro/NVS/3DVision/nForce/tesla/legacy

Thank you
V.

P.S. I got the patch installed

I have updated the audio by going to the Sony site and updating there. Although it still shows in the DxDiag that it is the 2009 version. I don't know what else to do. I have done everything that has been asked. I made a little video explaining what all I have done and included a clip from my camera where the audio disappears when drug to the storyline.

I really do appreciate all your help. I think we are off on a better foot today.

Virginia
I'm so sorry you guys are taking offense to this. I really don't mean to be a pain. Honestly, I totally understand this is a forum and you are under no obligation to help. I do appreciate you help honestly I do. But I have been asking that question for days now and I can't get the answer. I don't mean to be rude or a hard case. Please be nice to me, I'm just frustrated. I just wanted to know if there was a setting that turns that feature off and instead of just saying yes or no I get a million questions and I have to do all sorts of stuff before anyone will say no there is no such feature and we think it could be this or that. But before we know for sure could you do this? It's all in the wording....if I was on the phone with you the conversation would have taken a much different turn. I'm honestly a nice person.

I have a meeting right now and I can not do anything else with this at this time. I'm even 7 mins late as I am taking the time to apologize.

I will pick this back up tomorrow or whenever someone can continue to help.

Thank you Fred for your time. I just need to get to my meeting.

Virginia
I will do this first thing in the morning. Thank you for all your help. I've spent all the time I can on this. Can I just ask one question. Why is my one question not being addressed? Is there or is there not a setting within Cyberlink that turns off the audio when placed in the Storyline? That is really my only question and I guess that is why I am so frustrated. Because no one has addressed that simple yes or no question. Is there a setting that is now in the new 9 that wasn't in the 8.

I'll send a small file in the morning. Thank you.
I've done everything you have asked me to do. Everything. What else am I suppose to do?

I've supplied all files, snapshots updated, upgraded, audio, hard drive. I dont' know what else to do. Like I said. I think it is just a setting . Why won't anyone address that?

V.
AGain, I have to say this over and over. Everything works fine on this computer and if it can't run 9.0 can I just go back to 8. I didn't have these issues with eight. I understand the car analogy. But there is nothing wrong here. I'm sure it is just some setting in the program. I didn't choose the shadowing. I don't want the shadowing. I just want to slip the video in the story line and go. Why is this so difficult? It worked in 8 and not 9. Can I just go back? This is ridiculous. I've explained in detail what the issue is. I'm sure it is just some setting I need to choose like show audio in storyline......... play audio in storyline mode.

V.

I'm updating the audio right now. I still do not in anyway shape or form think this has anything to do with my issue. I'm sure it is just some setting. The audio plays fine in the workspace. When I drag it to the storyline it disappears. I'm not sure anyone has read what my actual problem is. Everything is working fine. When I drag the video to the story line the audio does not show up in the storyline. It doesn't matter if it is a .mp2,3,4 avi, mov anything.. doesn't matter. I can play everything fine in the workspace. See attached files in previous posts. Has nothing to do with how much space I have or do not have on my hard drive. I'm sure it must be some setting in 9 that wasn't in 8. I feel like I just threw away good money and ruined an otherwise perfect program. Why are you looking at my computer when it is the program?

Windows movie maker works fine.. I import a video and drag it to the story line and it all works. Same computer same audio drivers, etc.... Windows movie maker just doesn't have the bells and whistles that Cyberlink has and I USE to love it.

Should I be calling Tech Support? I just thought this medium was helpful the first couple times I used it.

V.
The two additional snapshots.

Thank you for your help. I apologize if I sound so ungrateful I really am not I do appreciate all you do.

Thank you
Virginia
Go to: